1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travis Daniels will start the season at cornerback.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 1, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said that Travis Daniels will start the season at cornerback.

"Right now we’re going to look at him as a corner, with the safeties we brought in. We know he has the ability to play two positions back there and on game day that’s important," Sparano said. The team hopes that Jason Allen and Yeremiah Bell will claim the starting safety spots, allowing Daniels to compete for a cornerback job.
    Source: Miami Herald
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Well let's see if he can stay on the field this year. He's probabally a better option than most of what we have when healthy.

3. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

And that means he's anointed the starter ??? It's a long way till the start of the season...

We have to stop reading into what these guys are saying....he in no way said that Daniels is the starter...

4. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    Who did? The title of the thread implies he will begin the season listed as a corner. I still think there is a good possibility we will take a corner in the draft.

Motion likes this.
  5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

If he stays healthy I like Daniels at CB, but don't think for a minute Sparano has anointed ANYONE as a starter at any position. Not yet.

6. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I think we'll look something like this:

CB: Allen/Lehman/Daniels/Goodman (add a draft pick in their somewhere but I doubt very high)
    FS: Allen/Crocker
    SS: Bell/Davies

azfinfanmang and DOLFANMIKE like this.
  7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Mke Lehan will start at cornerback...

8. Larryfinfan

"Travis Daniels will start the season at cornerback."

??

9. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    And? It doesn't say "Travis Daniels will be the starting cornerback for the Miami Dolphins this season" It is simply saying that he will start the season as a cornerback.

10. xDOLPHINSx

xDOLPHINSx Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Minnesota
    Meaning he won't start the season as a safety like some have speculated. Im sure we're all in accordance that he won't be one of the two starting cornerbacks.

phinfanuk likes this.
  11. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    like under Sabans watch, i expect our secondary to overachieve with the quality of db coaches we have floating around here.

12. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    I like Mike alot, but I think Daniels was better in Saban's scheme and will be again in Sparano's scheme. Lehan will be our Nickel...

13. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    :up:

Yep, I think you are abslutely SPOT ON as boomer and WD54 would say...:up:

14. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Not fair to say "Sparano's scheme as for the record, he is an O-line coach first and foremost...:wink2:

15. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    LOL...

He's the head coach brinigng in the Dallas system that both he and the DC run.

:tongue2:

16. Larryfinfan

Well, I still don't read it that way, but see where it could be read that way...the title says 'start at cornerback', not start as a cornerback, but it's just a play on words...sometimes too much is read into these interviews...this, to me, is one of those occasions...we haven't even gotten to the draft yet, we were 1-15 last season...Even JT is not assured a spot, at this point...

17. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Daniels? Lehan? With Jason Allen Hopefully improving more and cementing the Safety spot and Bell hopefully coming back and staying healthy i seriously suggest we look at the Cornerback position and improve it. If we play a Defense that will be in your face and taking chances then we had better get a decent cover corner. Daniels hasnt shown me enough to say he is. He has already been mentioned to perhaps play at Safety which tells me all i need to know about Daniels being a solid , consistent Cornerback.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  18. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    THe title said "start the season at cornerback" not be the starter at cornerback. The context is, is his position CB or S, so Sparano says he'll start the season at CB, he could be a nickel or dime back.

EDIT: Oops, looked like I jumped the gun, been covered already. You guys are fast, and I'll take my time next time, even with surfing at work with my boss on the other side of my monitor :pointlol:

19. Larryfinfan

Gotcha...after reading it several times, the point is well made...maybe if the title had read just a little differently, my dumb side wouldn't have poked out...

20. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Hey, i made the same mistake by not reading the whole thing, and piling on ya!

21. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Actually, I think it is very plausible that Daniels can start at Cb for us this season, I am expecting us to play Zone Defense.......alot...and in Zone, tackling, not speed, is more important.

22. Larryfinfan

Gotta Love It !!