Trash talking

43 replies

HUhuck1974New MemberOP
Oct 22, 2009, 04:41 PM

I guess we can put this weeks trash talk here. I'll start with Channing

ArmandoSalguero RT @DavidJNeal: LB Channing Crowder on Saints: "They're undefeated, they're probably smelling themselves, rubbing each other's balls ...all that sh@#

.

King FelixKing FelixSupporter
Oct 22, 2009, 04:44 PM

Lmao!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

miamironmiamironForum Veteran
Oct 22, 2009, 04:44 PM

I hate this kind of talk but might be able to accept some of it if a player with talent opened his mouth...Crowder doesn't have talent/class

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Oct 22, 2009, 04:51 PM

lol!!!!!

Crowder rules.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Oct 22, 2009, 04:55 PM

I love Crowder's quotes, but if I was on the other team.... :no:

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

Rhody Phins FanRhody Phins FanForum Veteran
Oct 22, 2009, 05:22 PM

I hate trash talkers too but that is pretty much despite not being very classy.

finz810finz810New Member
Oct 22, 2009, 05:32 PM

Have none of u played football? or all you all living in another world?

football isnt a classy sport, there have always been trash talking!

it starts in pop warner ball, then the cursing starts in middle school ball

get used to it people THATS FOOTBALL

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Oct 22, 2009, 05:36 PM

"huck1974 wrote:

I guess we can put this weeks trash talk here. I'll start with Channing

ArmandoSalguero RT @DavidJNeal: LB Channing Crowder on Saints: "They're undefeated, they're probably smelling themselves, rubbing each other's balls ..."

Crowder is a smart guy. I wasn't there when he said it, but surely it was made in jest. This is the same guy who jokingly said:

"I couldn’t find London on a map if they didn’t have the names of the countries," he said. "I swear to God. I don’t know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I know London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him. That’s the closest thing I know to London. He’s black, so I’m sure he’s not from London. I’m sure that’s a coincidental name."

I don't think this is smack talk. Probably more like goofing around.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

CitizenSnipsCitizenSnipsNew Member
Oct 22, 2009, 05:38 PM

"miamiron wrote:

I hate this kind of talk but might be able to accept some of it if a player with talent opened his mouth...Crowder doesn't have talent/class

its the fact that crowders willing to say these things about anyone that actually helps me respect him.

I agree, hes not that great, but damned if hes gonna let anyone put him or his team down. From a morale standpoint, crowders got some value.

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Oct 22, 2009, 05:41 PM

http://blog.theredzone.org/ViewItem.asp?Entry=3640

Mike Berardino of the South Florida Sun Sentinel reports facing the New Orleans Saints and the NFL's leading offense doesn't faze Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter.

"Our goal is to knock them off the high horse and try to bring them down," Porter said Wednesday. "They've been out in front of every game. They've scored a touchdown on every opening drive they've had.

"Our goal is not to let them start fast by any means. We've got to slow them down to make them work for everything they get out there. Hopefully that's not much. We can't let them get in that comfort zone to where their offense is wide open. We've got to try to put them in a situation to where they're not out in front and able to do everything they like to do."

jetssuckjetssuckNew Member
Oct 22, 2009, 05:42 PM

If he really said that, then I'm pretty much off the Crowder bandwagon all together now and can't wait to see this idiot replaced.

That's just beyond totally classless and when your as mediocre of a player as he is, just STFU and play. Trash talking is just inherently classless for the most part anyway and when you're really nothing special as a player to begin with, then what in the hell are you doing running your mouth in the first place?

I guess at this point he realizes that his fan base is derived from him being an attention seeker and always ready to say something to stir the pot, as opposed to his actual play. Which is nothing to brag about....which is why he should just shut up. Enough is enough from this clown.

I could care less that he made an ass of himself. My concern is that he said something like that as a representative of this team. Personally I think it's embarrassing and I hope Parcells or someone does something about it.

JS

jetssuckjetssuckNew Member
Oct 22, 2009, 05:48 PM

"finz810 wrote:

Have none of u played football? or all you all living in another world?

football isnt a classy sport, there have always been trash talking!

it starts in pop warner ball, then the cursing starts in middle school ball

get used to it people THATS FOOTBALL

ON the field.....not for the public. You may see this view as old fashioned but I can't see how anybody can put a time line on having some class. I mean "smelling each others balls"?.....if I'm in the locker room I'm hi fiving the guy and laughin my ass off. But when I see he said that in public it just makes me cringe....even if he were a Pro Bowler there's just nothing acceptable about saying that for print.

JS

AguaAguaForum Veteran
Oct 22, 2009, 05:48 PM

I've got to admit, the guy can say some funny crap. He's got a morale and communication value which should have been evident to everyone in last year's nailbiter @ KC. His play, however, isn't anything more than middle of the road competent.

That said, I wish he'd keep his mouth shut when talking to the press. That kind of stuff only fires up opponents, and he's full 'em.

finz810finz810New Member
Oct 22, 2009, 05:50 PM

"jetssuck wrote:

ON the field.....not for the public. You may see this view as old fashioned but I can't see how anybody can put a time line on having some class. I mean "smelling each others balls"?.....if I'm in the locker room I'm hi fiving the guy and laughin my ass off. But when I see he said that in public it just makes me cringe....even if he were a Pro Bowler there's just nothing acceptable about saying that for print.

I thought that was hilarious, but thats the immature side of me. and in all note im sure he meant it jokingly, CC never has been the type to disrespect others so harshly

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Oct 22, 2009, 05:51 PM

Crowder is fun to listen to. I love his **** talking.

finz810finz810New Member
Oct 22, 2009, 05:54 PM

Also he could have just been talkin with the guys not realizing a reporter was listening, everyone knows reporters are sneaky little ****s and will twist anything you say.

lockerroom talk is some of the most vulgar

AguaAguaForum Veteran
Oct 22, 2009, 06:00 PM

"finz810 wrote:

Also he could have just been talkin with the guys not realizing a reporter was listening, everyone knows reporters are sneaky little ****s and will twist anything you say.

You're right.

mrozmrozSupporter
Oct 22, 2009, 06:08 PM

"huck1974 wrote:

I guess we can put this weeks trash talk here. I'll start with Channing

ArmandoSalguero RT @DavidJNeal: LB Channing Crowder on Saints: "They're undefeated, they're probably smelling themselves, rubbing each other's balls ..."



Memo to Crowder, All Dolphins fans are still waiting for you to make a big play.

RIP CHP Officer Kirk Griess ID#15810
EOW 8/10/18

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Oct 22, 2009, 06:12 PM

we will prevail on the playing field
blood in the water @ LandShark Stadium
they will enter the BermudaTriangle of the NFL
the Saints will leave broken & defeated
:deadhorse:
24/27-Miami

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Oct 22, 2009, 06:16 PM

"the 23rd wrote:

we will prevail on the playing field
blood in the water @ LandShark Stadium
they will enter the BermudaTriangle of the NFL
the Saints will leave broken & defeated
:deadhorse:
24/27-Miami

I'll have you know that I invested my life savings in your prediction. I do hope you're right.

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Oct 22, 2009, 06:20 PM

:yes:I am.:up:

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Oct 22, 2009, 06:30 PM

I love this dude

Skeet84Skeet84New Member
Oct 22, 2009, 06:59 PM

Crowder is not classy by any means. I mean all the community work he does is because he is an ass

* I am being sarcastic Crowder is great for the communty and this team

Nappy RootsNappy RootsForum Veteran
Oct 22, 2009, 07:08 PM

i just wish someone that talked so much trash actually had an impact on the field. to me if im the opposing team its a funny situation, specially on the field, to have this non-factor steady running his mouth. i do like crowder. just wish he was much much better.

shaunm000shaunm000Forum Veteran
Oct 22, 2009, 07:10 PM

Football, ( especially college) has become such puppy dogs and ice cream. Im thankful for the U to finally be relevant again and for guys like Channing Crowder. Its funny, who cares?