1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trade Winds?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vinny Fins, Aug 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    At the end of the Jax game, BG, Stockton et al were talking about how this is where the Dolphins sometimes make a trade. I doubt we'll bring in anyone high impact, but I could see us unloading depth for a pick or giving a pick up for help on the secondary (or a freakin quality ST guy!).

Any fearless predictions about roster tweaks in the coming 10 days or so via trade?

2. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I would love them to bring in someone who was a stud on ST. Ours look horrible this year (so far).

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Is there any truth to the Pat White for Terrell Suggs rumors? :D

skippysphins, Agua, Mainge and 9 others like this.
  4. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Pat White and Pat Cobbs traded to SF for Pat Willis.
    2 Pats for one! Awesome deal for them.
    Then we have Willis and Dansby in the middle.
    Best deal ever.

5. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    I could see us getting a late pick for Dotson, who some teams like. Maybe a pick for Grove but, the contract makes it tuff without an injury. A pick for the last OL guy not making the team, and maybe another when Garner comes back.

I could also see a pick for the odd man out at WR, and a DB when Allen comes back. The injuries have limited what we can do.

Considering that Penny and Thigpen are both FA's after this year, a Thigpen trade would not surprise. There has been no mention of a contract extension.

6. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I know it won' happen but I would love to see Josh Cribbs in a Dolphin's uniform running back kicks. We need a kick returner and some help with our d-backs.

7. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Probably nothing will get done...

8. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    When you have good people you generally want to keep them. If you trade them, it better be because you have enough rosterable guys to fill up the position and someone good was going to get cut.

It would have been nice if all four QBs were looking good to where one of them would be able to be traded, but that just hasn't materialized. The Dolphins have three rosterable players at a three man position, and it wouldn't make sense to trade one of the rosterable ones, and yet I doubt anyone will trade for the unrosterable player, and so I doubt anything happens there.

The only position where I can see good enough depth to consider that would be the DL position. You have the starting three, plus Soliai, Douglas, McDaniel and Grant. That fills out a seven-man position. But guys like Ryan Baker and Lionel Dotson are still begging a little bit to make a roster. This is one of those situations too where if the veteran isn't enough better than the younger guy, you want to go young because it helps your team.

Could Charles Grant have shown enough in just a few short weeks of camp to garner a trade to a team that needs an interior pass rusher on nickel downs? Teams have scouts that read the papers. They can't go to teams' practices of course. But they read, so they have to know that Grant lit up 3 sacks in the scrimmage the week before the Bucs game, and now they saw him play well in the Bucs game and knock David Garrard out of the Jags game.

The other candidate there would be Tony McDaniel. He played very well in the Bucs game, I thought. Clearly has some things he needs to work on but so does Charles Grant.

If I'm the Bills and I'm staring at the possibility of Reggie Torbor manning an OLB spot, and I've coached the players in Miami, then I'm looking to trade for Quentin Moses.

But if I'm the Dolphins, I'm refusing that trade. Personal opinion.

9. Gunner

Gunner Rock Hunter

Jan 5, 2008
    Mobile, AL
  10. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Rosterable...Pfffft! CK you should submit that to the urban dictionary and see if it sticks.

ckparrothead likes this.
  11. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I'd still like to swipe Cedric Peerman from the Bengals. Granted it'd be tough to find him a spot on the roster but I really feel the kid has potential.

GISH likes this.
  12. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    This is from the same announcing team that have given us gems like "Rashad Jones playing for Clemson" and "Charlie Dansanderson" and "Chad Henning"

Pandarilla and emocomputerjock like this.
  13. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    I think they will make a trade,only because we do have some holes to fill.

14. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I would actually be surprised if a trade of some sort did NOT happen, I just have no idea who for who.

15. surferosa

surferosa Balance and Vision

Mar 23, 2008
    ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that "the door has been opened" for Matt Leinart to lose his starting job.

"There's not a lot of confidence in that locker room that Leinart is going to be their long-term quarterback," says Schefter. Schefter names Derek Anderson as the Cardinals' most likely alternative, though Anderson has also done nothing dating back to OTA season (or 2007, for that matter) to earn any degree of trust. We do expect Leinart to start in Week 1, but Monday night's preseason game, as well as the third week of the exhibition season, will go a long way toward determining what sort of leash he's on. In all likelihood, it won't be

If we only had a spare veteran QB.....