1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trade Offer: Iffy on it

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Jaj, Aug 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Right now I've got a team in a 1, 2, flex, 2, 1 format that looks like:

QB- Peyton, Garrard
    RB- Portis, Edge, Smith, Lendale, Slaton (he will hit pay dirt for me soon)
    WR- Colston, Chad Johnson, Marshall, Burleson, Galloway, Berrian
    TE- Watson

My prime RB and WR lineup that I'll roll out as of week 2 will be:

RB- Portis, Edge/Smith/White
    Flex- Marshall
    WR- Colston, Johnson

The trade offer I've been given is L.T., Chambers, and McAllister for Portis, Colston, and Smith.

That would put me at:

RB- L.T., Edge
    Flex- White
    WR- Marshall, Johnson

I'm pondering over it right now but I'm currently iffy about it at the moment. See this is what I've figured so far Colston will outproduce White overall at the flex spot by close to 15 or so points this season.

L.T. will outproduce Portis by nearly 100. The gain for my primary starting roster is absolutely staggering. It's a massive increase in the sheer starting lineup because of the L.T. gain versus Lendale loss factor.

However it must be said by having four RBs I felt very comfortable so far. If I have three prime guys I may fill a little uncomfortable until Slaton ousts Ahman Green fully in Houston.

Chambers simply adds to my plethora of WRs of the same caliber (starting level 3s).

What do you guys think?

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Don't do it. Colston is an absolute juggernaut of a receiver, and is probably the most-targeted WR in the red zone right now; you're talking about downgrading from top-tier elite WR to mid-tier third-option guy. With Chad Johnson's uncertainty, you CANNOT afford to lose Colston. On the RB front, McAllister is a question mark coming off his injury, whereas Kevin Smith will be the engine of the Lions' offense.

Stay the hell away from this trade. You lose on it.

(And get rid of LenDale White. Pick up Chris Johnson from free agency. He will quickly take over that job.

3. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I would tend to disagree on White, but that's a story for another day. Thanks for the response on the trade.

See but that's the thing, even if I lose Colston the difference between L.T. and Portis is massive. You don't think I can rework the trade to my favor dumping Chambers and McAllister as well as Jones out of the deal?

For me to lose on it during the year (based on projection off course), Colston would have to outproduce say Burleson or White by over 100 fantasy points. That's simply huge.

4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The difference between Portis and Tomlinson is significant but not the Grand Canyon you're making it out to be. There IS a Grand Canyon's worth of difference between Colston and Chambers, however. The way I see it, you're accepting a decent upgrade at RB in exchange for a massive downgrade at WR. If Chad Ocho Cinco or whatever he calls himself were completely healthy, then it wouldn't be as big a deal. As it stands, I think you lose on that.

5. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I don't know my friend. Most would say the difference between L.T. and Portis is about a 100 points. I'd like to hear your opinion on that.

Colston would have to outproduce Nate Burleson by something like 500 yards and 6 TDs to make it just about even as far as my starting lineup goes.

6. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I wouldn't do it. Getting LT would be nice but Colston and Smith are better than Chambers and McAlister by a long shot. It'd effectively negate whatever differences you get by nabbing LT.