1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trade down in the first?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Unlucky 13, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    With a few holes plugged through free agency, I'm starting to think that I'd welcome the Fins trading down in the first round if all of the top four OT are gone, and there isn't a playmaker like Ebron on the board. Depending on how the chips fall, if the quarterbacks don't go early, we could be looking at a situation where the BPA available at 19 are all guys we simply don't need. At that point, I'd rather the team find a trade partner and move back, and then take one of the RT or RB.

2. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Might be hard to get teams to give up later picks in a deep draft, but you never know. Trading down into the mid 20's and getting a 2nd round might be a good trade option.

3. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I'm totally down with that. Of course, I always am. It's the NE method of drafting. Find someone that's eager to move up (only takes one), and move back and pick up extra picks. Another 2nd or 3rd rounder is gonna be worth it's weight in gold in a deep draft.

That said, if Ebron is there, they better run (don't walk) to the podium. Doubt he gets past NYJ if he even falls that far, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

77FinFan likes this.
  4. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    I wish I understood how the rookie costs work. I thought the pay scale was pretty much a table, set values. A team drafting at the beginning of every round is going to spend more money than us in the middle rounds?

Also, while I would love Ebron or Evans, big strong go get the ball types, Cooks is pretty dang exciting to me. Hopefully be a big YAC guy and replace Thiggy to boot.