1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trade Brandon Marshall?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DHPVW, Sep 26, 2011.

1. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
  2. HenneNator

HenneNator Banned

Sep 26, 2011
    Miami
    Yes.

3. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    As much as I have been down on him in the end zone, I still say... um, NO! As others have said, this isn't MLB... that type of trade doesn't happen in the NFL... if it does, then it will be yet another record breaking event... and as per usual, most likely against us.

4. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    I just don't understand this forum.

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    LOL yeah, lets trade the best playmaker we've had in YEARS. Makes perfect sense............ :pity:

6. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    No way. Selling at the absolute lowest. I mean, at least wait until after the year when he puts together top 10 stats (like he was on pace for last year before the injury).

Marshall is the best WR we've had in years. I'm not trading him unless I get a kings ransom...

And on the flip side for wanting to get draft picks for next year... if we are going to possibly draft Luck or Barkley, do we really want to give them Brian Hartline as his #1 WR?

Ozzy, Ophinerated and SICK like this.
  7. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    How bout we trade Jake Long while we are at it. In fact..if you are good..why not trade you to see if we can use those picks to find players that MIGHT be as good as you, or not, to replace you and we will do this circle jerk for all eternity.

I thought the whole point is to acquire good players and as many of them as we can. I think I read that somewhere.

PSG, MrClean, aesop and 6 others like this.
  8. Rouk

Rouk Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hollywood, Florida
    Yes lets trade Marshall so our other wr's have to deal with double teams and the defense rotating there way lol what a joke. The only reason we scored a td this week is because the whole defense was so worried about Marshall on the reverse. He's the only player on our offense people game plan against.

9. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    Don't get all huffy puffy......just posted a link to a article and wanted to see others opinions. To say no automatically I think is maybe a mistake. Marshall hasn't been very good since coming here and looks to be continuing on the same route this year. If we indeed are looking to rebuild than why not trade him?

I was ecstatic when we got Marshall but now not so much. He hasn't done a whole lot and I hope that changes but he seems to just keep dropping passes, not fighting for the ball or separation and especially in the endzone.

Striking likes this.
  10. HenneNator

HenneNator Banned

Sep 26, 2011
    Miami
    I don't see elite numbers from him, sorry. He has as many TDs as Hartline, and I wager twice as many drops, oh and he costs millions more.

11. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

He is the best player on the team. If they can get more than what they paid for him then think about it. Other than that ummm no thanks.

12. Ozzy

He is also the reason why Hartline sees one defender and how many catches does Hartline have?

MrClean likes this.
  13. HenneNator

HenneNator Banned

Sep 26, 2011
    Miami
    10. Marshall has 7 more.

14. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    Trade everyone and keep Sparano and Ireland....:rolleyes:

wow just wow.......:pity:

Dolfan4Life likes this.
  15. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    Marshall was in single coverage just as much as Hartline against the Browns and was being defended by a guy that is 4" shorter and 40 pounds lighter. Marshall should have dominated but he didn't. You aren't providing any fuel for your fire....to top it off Hartline is slower and smaller but still has burned Marshall last year in yrds per rec and continues to do so this year

Hell, Bess and Fasano had more rec td's last year than Marshall did in all his eliteness. Marshall is a good WR but is far from playing like a top 5 since coming to Miami. Be blind to his lack of output as much as you like but he isn't performing like he should be

HenneNator likes this.
  16. HenneNator

HenneNator Banned

Sep 26, 2011
    Miami
    Actually Marshall has 4 times as many drops as Hartline.

DHPVW likes this.
  17. Ozzy

Nope! He was bracketed for almost the entire game....

18. DHPVW

DHPVW DuB addict

Apr 1, 2010
    AZ-520
    lol!

19. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I traded Marshall in the GM league....im 3-0. See what im doing here?

20. HenneNator

HenneNator Banned

Sep 26, 2011
    Miami
    Winning?

Hey, I am from Hilliard too!

21. AdamC13

AdamC13 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Playmaker, eh, not in a Dolphins uniform...

BM has been targeted 176 times and has produced 4 TD catches.

Compared to:

Ginn Jr. being targeted 242 times and produced 5 TD catches. Ginn also produced 2 rushing TDs on 16 carries and 3 return TDs.

I am not suggesting to trade BM but reality is BM has not really been much of a play maker in aqua and orange. Has more dropped TD passes than TD catches in his Dolphin career.

Step it up BM!

Killerphins likes this.
  22. Ozzy

Ted Ginn just read this and ran out of bounds....

23. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Right after we trade Henne for being terrible in the redzone, on 3rd downs, and on final drives. Wait, no. I'm not trading Marshall even then. He's one of the best WR's in the league. Actually, since Andre Johnson dropped an easy TD against us, maybe Houston will trade us him for Brandon Marshall...

24. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Call old man davis he gave up a #1 draft pick 30 year old richard seymour.

25. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

He's not one of the best in the league, not even close to it (unless you are wearing aqua coloured glasses). He drops far too many balls and defenders have mostly caught onto his little reverse spin move he does after just about every catch.

Just look at the catches the Browns receivers made for TD's against us and then look at the drops Marshall has had in the endzone this year. You can maybe excuse one of them but the others he has to make those catches.

Henne hasn't been stellar in the redzone but Marshall has magnified the problem by dropping balls that hit him right in the hands. Sure, Henne has made a few terrible throws but every QB in the league does down there. The main difference is that those other QB's have WR who are helping them out by hanging onto balls that hit them in the hands.

Killerphins likes this.
  26. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Brilliant move to trade away your only play maker on offense.

27. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Can we trade some of our fanbase?

electrolyte and Dolfan984 like this.
  28. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Not one individual on this team other than Long is 'untradeable'. That said, it's pretty unlikely that Marshall would be the one, unless the issues he's dealing with are still cancering the team, which we don't know that right now. Reeks of desperation, if they actually do trade him depending on what we get...

Also, keep in mind this is from bleacher report...not the most reliable or intelligent source of information...

29. Larryfinfan

Uhmmmm... Really ?? Show me ??

30. Larryfinfan

Yeah, Henne dropped that TD in the endzone a few weeks ago...Henne isn't supplying any blocking for the running game especially in critical times of the games, oh yeah and Henne is the sieve that we call a secondary that can't seem to get anyone off the field on 3rd downs...and Henne is the reason the DL sucks all this season....get another whipping boy, Aqua. He's holding his own this year...the rest of the team ???

jetssuck, DHPVW and Killerphins like this.
  31. Larryfinfan

Gee, I didn't know that it only took a QB to win games....LOL...

32. Springveldt

Blah, blah, blah, blah.

All I ask is for the offensive line to do it's job (like give the QB 3 seconds) and WR's to catch the ball.

As an aside, did you see the Packers @ Bears game? Twice the Packers got down inside the 10 and had a 1st and goal. Both times they had to settle for FG's as runs on 1st and 2nd down left them with a 3rd and 9. Their QB must suck for not being able to get the ball into the endzone on those occasions.

33. thisperishedmin

thisperishedmin Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    No I dont trade him...but if I'm Tony Sporano I do considering benching him. I definitely would bench bush too. At least send a message that this piss poor performance wont be tolerated. Then again, if I'm Tony Sporano I make an effort to use Bush to his strengths over the last 3 weeks...so maybe this is null and void.

If we end up 0-4 or 0-5...I'd just start throwing all the young guys out to at least see what we got and get the some experience. Jerry, Gates, Wilson, etc. This post is off topic at this point...

But no you dont sell marshall low...but maybe consider sending a message.

34. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Absolutely not. I don't see him netting us more than we paid in terms of draft picks, and he'll be a valuable asset to this team no matter who is QB next season. He's playing well. He's on pace for plenty of catches and yards again this year.

35. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    A message for a couple drops? There's a big difference between what Bush has done and what Marshall has done.

36. Springveldt

Talk to me Dan Marino gets a ring. Oh...

I hate the whole ring thing btw. And I take it Rodgers got no help at all from the huge mis-matches Finlay creates?

In no way was I comparing Henne to Rodgers, I was highlighting the situations and that even under those circumstances one of the top QBs in the league didn't get it done.

Some on this board lambast Henne for every single little thing, like all our redzone problems are because of him.

Team game, even the best QBs need players to make plays now and again to help them out.

I'm not a Henne supporter or hater, I'm indifferent to him. I see an average QB who has improved but can still be maddeningly inconsistent.

37. Dolfan984

Dolfan984 Underrated Free Agent

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Brandon Marshall isn't going anywhere for at least the next couple of years. Haters get over it.

38. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009

Brian Hartline?

39. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I don't see why Marshall is untouchable.

In fact, the only untouchable player on this team should be Long. You don't go 0-3 and are staring at a top to bottom FO & Coach staff turnover if there are plenty of untouchable players on your team.

Everyone but Long, on sale. We need the draft ammo for Luck.

40. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    If we'd hypothetically be willing to part with an elite WR for the hopes of Luck draft ammo, do you think a team would be as equally willing to give up Luck? I don't think it's possible.

With what his initial salary will be, I don't see anyone but the team picking first getting him unless a ridiculous amount of first rounders are involved. The Luck price gouging should reach Hurricane Andrew proportions, should it not?