Top 5 Fans in Your City

44 replies

dolfan94dolfan94New MemberOP
Dec 24, 2009, 06:58 PM

Miami:

1. Dolphins
2. Jets
3. Giants?
4. Cowboys?
5. Eagles?

I really have no idea after #2, but those are my likely predictions. Somebody correct me and post your own cities

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Dec 25, 2009, 12:42 AM

Ala Ricky williams.." I dont understand the question?'

ClipseClipseNew Member
Dec 25, 2009, 01:08 AM

Well, here in Virginia, It is something like:

1. Redskins throughout most of the state
2. Panthers in the southern parts of the state near Danville
3. Ravens up north
4. Titans western part of the state
5. Jets/Giants/Patriots. Smith Mountain Lake is full of rich Yankees! That includes my family full of Jets fans unfortunately.

SIsiciliansithForum Veteran
Dec 25, 2009, 01:36 AM

Here In western NY I believe:

1. Bills
2. Giants
3 Dallas
4. Cleveland
5 Pittsburg.

Cleveland use to take a close second with the Giants. Pats get close nods for 5th. Dallas has surged ever since they wooped on Buffalo all the superbowl yrs

wpgfishfanwpgfishfanNew Member
Dec 25, 2009, 02:08 AM

Up here in Winnipeg I say

1. Pittsburgh
2. Dallas
3. Minnesota
4. Miami
5. Oakland

Well after 15 years Bettman lets hockey come back to Winnipeg. Thanks for wasting 15 years

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Dec 25, 2009, 02:28 AM

here in west texas:
1) dallas cowboys
2) oakland raiders
3) san fran 49ers
4) pitt steelers
5) redskins, alot of redskin fans for some reason. I would guess as opposition to the dallas cowboys.

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

ZodZodNew Member
Dec 25, 2009, 05:44 AM

"unluckyluciano wrote:

5) redskins, alot of redskin fans for some reason. I would guess as opposition to the dallas cowboys.

Texas (like the everywhere else in the south) has alot of transplants. If you were born and raised there, you would probably know nothing about "Redskin radio". For the 40 year old and up crowd, Redskin radio was known to have saturated the southeast even before the proliferation of television.

During the 70's, 80's, and early 90's CBS (and later FOX) considered the entire southeast (except for GA) redskins territory. When the Falcons came along, it was only Georgia that did not receive the Redskins on TV. And even Georgia CBS affiliates savored the opportunity to present the Redskins when they could provide a Falcons/Redskins double header at 1pm and 4pm. So the Redskins phenomena is about a timeline and the timeline goes a little bit like this for the southeast:

Pre 1966: If you live in the south, you hear Redskin Radio.

Post 1966: TV Dolphins, Falcons, Redskins

These were the only three teams in the southeast. It is a significant reason why you find Dolphins fans throughout the southeast. NBC never committed to an "official" team that owned this territory. NBC always showed the best game on between three teams - Jets, Steelers, Dolphins. That is not the case with CBS (and later Fox). Everywhere in the southeast (except for GA) was Redskins territory. Redskin radio cemented that fact long ago.

Post 1995

Panthers, Jaguars

The Panthers took the Redskins off TV in the Carolinas. The Panthers were an assault on the Redskins............

If you were to look at a map and think "NFC" you can see a time (in the NFL's television heyday) when the Redskins had a stranglehold on a 6 state region.

Virginia
Maryland
West Virginia
Delaware
North Carolina
South Carolina

................and I can vaguely remember being a teenager in the 80's. If I got in the car on Sunday, the only sports station in town had Redskin radio on the air. It was the end of an era.

ZodZodNew Member
Dec 25, 2009, 06:00 AM

Times have really changed around here. If I had to rank it now I would say:

1. Panthers
2. Cowboys
3. Steelers
4. Redskins
5. Dolphins

WOwoody1351New Member
Dec 25, 2009, 10:45 AM

central illinois
1.bears
2.packers
3. cowboys
4.rams
5.steelers/cheifs/colts

its one of those 3

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Dec 25, 2009, 11:05 AM

Central Florida

1. Gators
2. Seminoles
3. Dolphins
4. Magic
5. Buccaneers

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Dec 25, 2009, 11:09 AM

arlington va

redskins
cowboys
ravens
steelers
giants

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

PhinishLinePhinishLineSupporter
Dec 25, 2009, 11:41 AM

DC/MD/VA

1. Redskins
2. Cowboys
3. Steelers
4. Ravens
5. Eagles

Dolphins Football. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2009, 12:05 PM

new york new york

giants
jets
raiders
dolphins
steelers



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

RoninFin4RoninFin4Supporter
Dec 25, 2009, 12:30 PM

In Cincinnati it probably (and I'm not making this up) goes like this:

1. Bengals
2. Browns
3. University of Cincinnati
4. Any Cincinnati high school football team
5a. Cincinnati Reds
5b. Indianapolis Colts

@KevinMD4

ZodZodNew Member
Dec 25, 2009, 12:45 PM

"RoninFin4 wrote:

In Cincinnati it probably (and I'm not making this up) goes like this:

1. Bengals
2. Browns
3. University of Cincinnati
4. Any Cincinnati high school football team
5a. Cincinnati Reds
5b. Indianapolis Colts

Are you sure the Kentucky Wildcats do not rank somehwere on that list? Cause the last time I visited Covington........uh.....er......uh.....I mean Cincinatti, there was an awful lot of Wildcat fans in the area.

RoninFin4RoninFin4Supporter
Dec 25, 2009, 01:24 PM

"Zod wrote:

Are you sure the Kentucky Wildcats do not rank somehwere on that list? Cause the last time I visited Covington........uh.....er......uh.....I mean Cincinatti, there was an awful lot of Wildcat fans in the area.

Only in basketball season. My younger brother goes there and that's all I hear about. Cincinnati's still a baseball town at heart, and if the Reds were any good, they'd easily be tops on the list.

@KevinMD4

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Dec 25, 2009, 02:27 PM

Long Island/NYC
Giants
Jets
Cowboys
Dolphins
Steelers

Really dont see nearly as many Raider, redskin, Bills or Eagles fans as I used to. I figure theyre either too ashamed and hiding or they figured out they werent liked. The Dolphins and Cowboys arent really well liked either but I guess we dont care lol.

JajJajNew Member
Dec 25, 2009, 02:34 PM

LA

1- Raiders
2- Chargers
3- Cowboys
4- Rams
5- 49ers

Chargers were nothing though years ago. Dolphin fans are pretty few. They mostly live around San Diego from what I remember.

Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.

TheAnswer385TheAnswer385Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2009, 02:34 PM

Here in the middle of PA my opinion is this

Steelers
Eagles
Cowboys
Patriots (fair weather fans)
Redskins

bbqpitloverbbqpitloverForum Veteran
Dec 25, 2009, 04:28 PM

Here in the Snow State or better known as Maine I know the top two.
1.Patriots
2.Ny Giants
I can tell you this I run into many Dolphin fans up here, way more than fans of other teams it's not even close. So Miami has many fans in Maine.

mrozmrozSupporter
Dec 25, 2009, 04:37 PM

49ers
Raiders
no idea from there...

RIP CHP Officer Kirk Griess ID#15810
EOW 8/10/18

FIFinsAreLifeNew Member
Dec 25, 2009, 04:49 PM

"siciliansith wrote:

Here In western NY I believe:

1. Bills
2. Giants
3 Dallas
4. Cleveland
5 Pittsburg.

Cleveland use to take a close second with the Giants. Pats get close nods for 5th. Dallas has surged ever since they wooped on Buffalo all the superbowl yrs

I dont disagree that these 5 teams are popular here in rochester but there are without a doubt a good amount of jets fans here and i would even say more dolphins fans than pats fans.

The RevThe RevAdministrator
Dec 25, 2009, 05:09 PM

/end thread :shifty:

54Fins54FinsForum Veteran
Dec 25, 2009, 05:17 PM

Tampa Bay area:

Gators

Bucs-They all say they have been Bucs fans since 77',problem is you can't find them anymore since their Suberbowl win. :dunno:

Lightning- Similar to above.

Devil Rays-They were selling out Tropicana Field(for the 1st time ever) in their run to the World Series.The next year they couldn't give the tickets away.

Seminoles

The 5th team I really don't know.In this area it depends on who is winning at the time.:lol:
In that case I will say the Magic last year.

I see less and less Dolphins fans in my area every year tho I could be wrong.I don't go to the bars to watch the games like I used to.

NJFINSFAN1NJFINSFAN1Luxury Box
Dec 25, 2009, 06:02 PM

NWNJ

Giants
Knicks
Rangers
Devils
Jets