1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

top 4 Te/FB staying?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by k-bayfinfan, Jul 28, 2008.

1. k-bayfinfan

k-bayfinfan Bikini Inspector

Jun 24, 2008
    Oahu
    Sparano made an intresting comment during his press conference

Quote:
    (On the number of tight ends he keeps on the roster) – "It all depends on what we do with again the fullback situation, that whole thing. That's not a secret. That's the way it comes down in this league. With the fullbacks, the tight ends, how you are mixing and matching those people that will depend. But a large part of that will depend on who does what on special teams. You'll have a couple of guys that will separate themselves at the tight end position and then you'll have this argument about getting the guy into the game, the third guy in the game, whether that be the third tight end or eventually a second fullback and who can do more jobs. And this comes down to jobs in the games. When I say jobs I mean plays. We're play-snap counters, at least I am. I want to know whoever we bring into the game is going to give us 15, 20 snaps at the game. I'm not interested in having a guy at the game that's not going to give us any plays."

He kinda contradicts what he says aboutthe FB's in that quote. Think he's blowing smoke some where but where time wil only tell. But gathering what he said about the TE's during yesterdays pre-practice press conf, as well as the above quote sounds like hes going to take the top 4 of this group. (Can anyone say 2 FBs?)So by what I've read so far in published reports and camp blogs my top 4 at this point would be:
    1) Anthony Fasano
    2) Boomer Grigsby
    3) Charlie Anderson
    4) Reagan Mauia/ Justin Peele

If Mauia can contribute on SpecTeams he stays if not he's a goner.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-727spranotranscript,0,647900.story?track=rss