TOP 10 Cam blunders

27 replies

FIfishyanksNew MemberOP
Dec 30, 2007, 07:11 PM

Since Cam will be fired, I figured we might as well create a list of his lowlights or biggest blunders since taking the job to make light of the situation. I'll kick it off:

His insistance on using SQUIB Kicks

cnc66cnc66Luxury Box
Dec 30, 2007, 07:19 PM

I don't think the squib kicks were out of line.. it was the execution that created the disaster

how about.. ronnie brown sharing carries with chatman, and then having him return kicks.

NCncfinfan69New Member
Dec 30, 2007, 07:19 PM

this is easy

"fishyanks wrote:

Since Cam will be fired, I figured we might as well create a list of his lowlights or biggest blunders since taking the job to make light of the situation. I'll kick it off:

His insistance on using SQUIB Kicks

You're a lightweight. His calling for a spike with a minute left on the clock,a timeout left, and a first and goal on the nine is the obvious number one bonehead play.

FIfishyanksNew Member
Dec 30, 2007, 07:21 PM

"ncfinfan69 wrote:

You're a lightweight. His calling for a spike with a minute left on the clock,a timeout left, and a first and goal on the nine is the obvious number one bonehead play.

THat one was too obvious and recent. I wanted to dig deeper. lol.

FIfishyanksNew Member
Dec 30, 2007, 07:22 PM

"cnc66 wrote:

I don't think the squib kicks were out of line.. it was the execution that created the disaster

how about.. ronnie brown sharing carries with chatman, and then having him return kicks.

That was pretty classic. Chatman has dirty pics of Cam somewhere.

ChambersWIChambersWINew Member
Dec 30, 2007, 07:23 PM

there were a couple games earlier this year where we had the ball with a couple TOs left and over 90 seconds left on the clock while the game was close; Jets come to mind. Not only did we not get a first down, we end up letting the Jets score

"I believe that I am ready to take on this challenge and move on to the next level. Though I will be catching passes in another city starting next fall, I will always be a Michigan man."- Adrian Arrington

like2godlike2godLuxury Box
Dec 30, 2007, 07:26 PM

"cnc66 wrote:

how about.. ronnie brown sharing carries with chatman, and then having him return kicks.

Yupper

Clock management would be another


I love you Mom, you are the greatest woman that I've ever known.

FIfishyanksNew Member
Dec 30, 2007, 07:26 PM

"ChambersWI wrote:

there were a couple games earlier this year where we had the ball with a couple TOs left and over 90 seconds left on the clock while the game was close; Jets come to mind. Not only did we not get a first down, we end up letting the Jets score

I was at that game in NY. Cam is worse than Herm Edwards with clock mgmt which is mindboglling since Herm's deficiancies in this area are legendary.

nolefinnolefinNew Member
Dec 30, 2007, 07:31 PM

1.putting ronnie brown on kick returns in the preseason
2.not playing the vets very much in the preseason
3.not playing booker
4.the spike with 1:11 left and 1 time out left
5.going for it on 4th and 15 vs. pitts

i am sure there is more i just cant remember.

nolefinnolefinNew Member
Dec 30, 2007, 07:35 PM

ha hahaha the jets just dropped 3 spots in the draft! no mcfadden!

ChambersWIChambersWINew Member
Dec 30, 2007, 07:36 PM

"nolefin wrote:

1.putting ronnie brown on kick returns in the preseason
2.not playing the vets very much in the preseason
3.not playing booker
4.the spike with 1:11 left and 1 time out left
5.going for it on 4th and 15 vs. pitts

i am sure there is more i just cant remember.

6.Not playing or practicing Hadnot and Shelton with the first team when he knew that they'd be starters

7.All the damn fake reverses to Ginn (never worked)

8.Using all our TOs at the end of the game today

9.No Hurry up offense

10.Not trying to go for the win at the end of the game against Washington (if I remember, the skins were going down the field, but just ran out of time)

"I believe that I am ready to take on this challenge and move on to the next level. Though I will be catching passes in another city starting next fall, I will always be a Michigan man."- Adrian Arrington

like2godlike2godLuxury Box
Dec 30, 2007, 07:36 PM

"nolefin wrote:

ha hahaha the jets just dropped 3 spots in the draft! no mcfadden!

No McFadden and maybe no Chris Long either. :D


I love you Mom, you are the greatest woman that I've ever known.

andyahsandyahsNew Member
Dec 30, 2007, 07:39 PM

"nolefin wrote:

ha hahaha the jets just dropped 3 spots in the draft! no mcfadden!

This is a Cam blunder as well?.....:huh1:

Dec 30, 2007, 07:59 PM

Everytime Cameron has a moronic thought, a puppy dies.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

PHPhinsPhan122New Member
Dec 30, 2007, 08:02 PM

For number one I'd have to say going for the 4th and 15 rather than attempt a 42 yard field goal in Pittsburgh. Also, we should remember that if we were decisive and didn't get a penalty, it would have been a 37 yard field goal try. The runner up should be when we had 2nd and 9 on the 39 after the two minute warning in Houston and he called two pass plays and then punted.

jupiterfinjupiterfinForum Veteran
Dec 30, 2007, 08:17 PM

Keeping Mike Mularky for the 2007 season. This might be his first worst call.

FIfishyanksNew Member
Dec 30, 2007, 08:23 PM

"jupiterfin wrote:

Keeping Mike Mularky for the 2007 season. This might be his first worst call.

What about in the Houston game where he forgoes the 50 yrd fg to punt then Houston drives down and kicks a 57 yarder to win.

dolfan_ukdolfan_ukNew Member
Dec 30, 2007, 08:25 PM

"nolefin wrote:

1.putting ronnie brown on kick returns in the preseason
2.not playing the vets very much in the preseason
3.not playing booker
4.the spike with 1:11 left and 1 time out left
5.going for it on 4th and 15 vs. pitts

i am sure there is more i just cant remember.

everything everyone said is a good reason.

How about Trading Welker for starters. And not to somone like the 49ers, the stinkin RATS! Wheres chambers, oh yeah another great call Cam....

DUMB PLAY CALLING was the nails in his coffin. not to mention time management. Ive been following this team for years, and ive never shouted at the TV saying WHAT THE F***?!!!

How about 4th and 11 on the eagles 15 yard line, he goes for it when were 2 scores behind?! and we get a 6 yard loss ont he play, KICK THE FG BRAINS!

There is so many DUMB blunders its actually hard to find the best top ten, they were all dunse.

BYE CAM, least you dint lie to the media like saban did. You tried, You Failed. I doubt any college teams would even offer him a position after this season.

PAPaulyForum Veteran
Dec 30, 2007, 08:26 PM

My top Cam errors:
1) Offensive game planning. We consistently made more yards and scored more points in the second half of games, and that's including the close ones. If Cam can make second half adjustments that net good results where was he on Monday to Saturday when he's supposed to be coming up with the offensive game plan that's good from the first snap?
2) He spent too much time on the offensive side of the ball in the off season and pre season. I won't blame him for the defence falling off a cliff, but he and Randy should have had at least an inkling that the defence was going to start going sour.
3) Not trading JT. I know JT's a HoFer and our best player, but you need your locker room leaders to actually lead the team, not go off in their own direction. Keeping JT eroded his authority and it looked to me that JT was a locker room distraction all season.
4) Not finding an OC. Cam really looked overmatched in the dual role of HC and OC. If the defence had performed at 2006 levels he might have gotten away with it, but when the whole team needs attention it makes it very difficult for a rookie HC to perform both roles.
5) Not replacing Keith Armstrong. This could be a joint Randy/Cam error, but our special teams haven't been very good since Mike Westhoff left and the writing should have been on the wall. Some of Cameron's most questionable calls have been influenced by the fact that our special teams have been a disaster area.
6) Not utilising Lorenzo Booker earlier. OK I can inderstand that if he's a turnstile when pass blocking that that does limit his usefulness in the backfield, but you can still use him as a slot receiver whilst he learns how to block.

Bonedoc7777Bonedoc7777New Member
Dec 30, 2007, 08:26 PM

the offense was not as bad as it has been in the past, credit cam, his big blunder was getting on the plane to coach this team last Jan

"I want to buy the groceries" Bill Parcells

FIfishyanksNew Member
Dec 30, 2007, 08:27 PM

"dolfan_uk wrote:

everything everyone said is a good reason.

How about Trading Welker for starters. And not to somone like the 49ers, the stinkin RATS! Wheres chambers, oh yeah another great call Cam....

DUMB PLAY CALLING was the nails in his coffin. not to mention time management. Ive been following this team for years, and ive never shouted at the TV saying WHAT THE F***?!!!

How about 4th and 11 on the eagles 15 yard line, he goes for it when were 2 score3s behind?! KICK THE FG BRAINS!

There is so many DUMB blunders its actually hard to find the best top ten, they were all dunse.

I will change the thread title to Top 20 blunders then. lol

like2godlike2godLuxury Box
Dec 30, 2007, 08:31 PM

"dolfan_uk wrote:

everything everyone said is a good reason.

How about Trading Welker for starters. And not to somone like the 49ers, the stinkin RATS! Wheres chambers, oh yeah another great call Cam....

Cam wasn't responsible for trades, Randy was.

We weren't going to be able to retain welker because he was asking for too much $$$. NE could afford the luxury of overpaying a #3 WR. With NE's 2nd we were able to draft Satele, a guy that will anchor the OL for the next 10 years.

A very good Center > a very good #3 WR

And Chambers was an underacheiver for us. With SD's pick Miami selects.......


I love you Mom, you are the greatest woman that I've ever known.

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Dec 30, 2007, 08:40 PM

Honestly, we could probably find 10 terrible timeouts/poor clock management situations much less overall.

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

Dec 30, 2007, 08:48 PM

Handing the playcalling reigns to Mike Mularky for a few games is a big one.

How about Trading Welker for starters.

Welker would not have helped us much, the only reason he is palying well is because he has Moss and Brady on his team.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

FIfins4o8Forum Veteran
Dec 30, 2007, 09:25 PM

funny how earlier in the season we have a thread called "cam nicknames" and i called him Cam-Moron and he ends up being a moron. i cant take credit for it since i seen the name on a different fins fansite.