1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tony will be fired at the end of the season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mroz, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I just don't see how he will hold on to his job after this team finishes 8-8 or worse. I know we have a tough schedule ahead BUT we wouldn't be worried about a tough schedule if we were a better team. Other teams would be worried about us. The sad part to me is that this team has so many holes it is not funny. We are way more than one off season away from addressing all our problems. I mean if you think about it on defense we need a NT, MLB, and two safeties. On offense we need a center, guard and RT to go along with a TE. AND I don't want to even think about the fact the Henne may not be the answer, that Ronnie looks like poo and the Ricky has one more season at best.

first&goal, the 23rd and Miguel like this.
  2. Static XIII

Static XIII New Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Groundhog Day!!!!!!!

3. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Tony will not be fired at years end.

Just saying.

4. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Other teamd in the AFC East have just as tough a schedule....that isnt an excuse...the thing is their defense was awful last year, you get KD, and all is supposed to be solved?? Of course not, their defense isnt going to be what it was against Minny/Buffalo all year long, they simply need more talent, then wack a couple of injuries on them, and all of a sudden the unstoppable running tandem of BenJarvis Green Ellis, and Danny "freaking" Woodhead are running rough shod all over you...

I said in the beginning of this year they would go 7-9, 8-8, 9-7...but now I am not even sure....

as for Tony, it all depends what happens when Parcells considers this project complete....and moves on...cuz you know it looks pretty complete to me...:shifty:

5. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Bah...you can't fault the defense for this loss.....NE only drove the field once to score. The rest was special team mistakes. A blocked punt and a blocked field goal in the same game is scary....the announcers kept saying NE and the Jets saw something Miami doesn't....that's one secret someone needs to let the Fins in on.

gafinfan and gunn34 like this.
  6. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    talking about scary... isn't it scary that other teams see something in your protection that you don't... even after it was exposed last week?

first&goal likes this.
  7. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    we saw it. sparano pointed it out last week. the problem was bonamego didnt fix it. now he's gone. hopefully that helps

8. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Maybe wait until we have played half a schedule before you relegate us to a 500 team.....

Trowa likes this.
  9. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I doubt it. I still love the coach.

10. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    its always about you isnt it :lol:

11. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Yeah but you also love Warp.

Pandarilla likes this.
  12. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Don't stop believing. :shifty:

siciliansith likes this.
  13. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Well, the thing about predictions is, they aren't as impressive if you wait till after they've happened to say they're gonna happen. That's sorta the point, ya know?

14. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Yeah, I don't think I am going to like the end of the Dolphins' season any more than I liked the end of the Sopranos.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    He/She said after half the season

16. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Should be.. Honestly He is responsible for the team no? He should have shelved the Wildcrap formation or at least told the coordinator if were moving the ball in base defense QUIT COSTING US POINTS like last nights first drive! and about 10 other games where it broke momentum.

Seriously this team is in trouble if we have a losing season were back to rebuilding. Henne will be looked at as a failure and we need another QB (FU Nick Saban! had you pulled the trigger on Breeze!!)

We have A TON OF holes and we play in a division where we are going to have to get better coaching with REX and Bill at the controls. I see us possible in 3-4 place in our division for the next 4 years.

DolfanJake, Phins28 and Pandarilla like this.
  17. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    I am still in Sparano's corner right now, but if he finishes worse than 7-9 it would be a hard sell to keep him.

3 years with a regressing record the entire way? Meh.

I still blame Parcells though. I think this franchise will be better off when he's gone.

18. StLouisFinFan

StLouisFinFan New Member

Apr 28, 2008
    MROZ

Every team has holes, and their fans all whine about them when losses occur. Get over it...this isn't fantasy football jack. You can't go out and sign pro bowl players at every possible need position. You have to balance things. We add Dansby and Marshall, yet if you were GM we're spending more bucks on a MLB and WR. Pffft. Silly.

You make it out like we can't compete. In the last two games we've played two of the top teams in the NFL, and went punch for punch. Our offense put up alot of yards and enough points to win on a top 3 defense. Our defense shuts down a top rate offense for a half (if not longer really...only gave up one touchdown drive to THAT team....and Moss was invisible). If the two blocked punts, blocked field goal and kick return for TD don't happen, these games are virtual ties. Don't know if we pull them off, but you take away special teams futility and our offense/defense is playing on par with the some of the best in the league. You're associating the pain created by the Special Teams with the team in general on O/D, and it's just not true. These are facts, not suppositions. Yes, ST are a part of the game and they must be good, but it's alot easier to get a special teams unit of professional athletes to simply stay in their lanes and don't let anyone past you to the kicker than it is to address your littany of supposed cancers. You are overreacting big time pal.

19. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    pssssssst.....don't forget the other secret..3 Pics

DolfanJake likes this.
  20. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    That would be a mistake. Let's start over for the umpteenth time:pity:

21. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I get your points and frankly I hope that I am wrong but I just dont see it right now. Sure we went toe to toe with two very good teams... well with one.. the Jets. The Pats kicked our collective butts all over the field. You can if this didn't happen it all you want. Fact of the matter is that the things that happened on the field last night HAPPENED.

22. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    mroz and unluckyluciano like this.
  23. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    If we go 8-8 i could see Jeff getting a new coach.

I could list all our problems, but really................ 3 years and they still have not found a KR or PR they are happy with.

DolfanJake likes this.
  24. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    NaboCane likes this.
  25. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    You know that is a great point... though I love Bess as a slot guy he should not be a punt returner in the NFL. He does not strike fear in anyones heart.

26. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    I also love Bess as a WR, but he should be a backup punt returner.

mroz likes this.
  27. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

I think you may be missing the big picture.

In the AFC East alone, the Dolphins have the least experienced (youngest) team by almost a year.

Dolphins players have an average of 2.9 years experience.
    Patriots - 3.8.
    Bills 4.1.
    Jets 4.9.

Why not let the kids play and see what happens..

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/

Tin Indian, siciliansith and Trowa like this.
  28. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

I sure hope his former assistant that took over his job saw it and knows what to do but I would have been more inclined to look elsewhere if I were Sparano and or Ireland.

jetssuck and MrClean like this.
  29. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Aside from the limited time as an assistant, the new guy has no ties to Bonamego to my knowledge. It's not like he came in as Bonamego's lackey.

30. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

We sure hope so !

Like I said it can't get any worse

31. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Two of this regime's original appointees have now been shown the exit door.
    With civic unrest beginning to stir for Henning's head, the percentages are not boding well for a collective nucleus, once charged with, and soon expected to start delivering on one (1) custom designed, Parcellian balanced and blueprinted,

[​IMG]

Such teams typically enjoy a conglomerate of coaching talents, who not only stick, but eventually ascend to greater things, other teams, and success stories of their own.

Heres hoping Parcells hit paydirt on his top two selections.

Tin Indian likes this.
  32. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i would too if it was the offseason. week 4 is a tough time to find a new coach. he'll get his chance for the rest of the season and if he fails to make improvements we'll get a vet once the season ends

Ozzy likes this.
  33. FinFan316

FinFan316 Banned

Apr 3, 2010

I think you might be missing the relevant picture.

We are the youngest team in the division? So what. No points for that. No tie breaker, no nothing.

You are rewarded in this league for winning. Nothing else matters.

34. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I think we were actually fortunate this happened in week 4 rather than any later.
    I could be mistaken, but judging by Sparano's distress in stating bono's dismissal during his presser, he was in no rush to fire him, almost as if the order came from on high to axe his butt or else.
    Made it sound like he was pullin teeth to get it done.

35. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    I believe you're mistaken. Sparano (in his presser) showed no distress that he let the guy go. Stated it wasn't a 2 minute decision and it was something that needed to be done to help the team. Sparano is a class guy IMO he has no need to throw a guy under the bus when the decision is made.

I do believe Ireland has personnel control, with Sparano's input i hope, and some consulting by Parcels.

Tin Indian likes this.
  36. mroz

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area

That is one of the few reasons I hold "some" hope with this group. I think they can get better in certain spots.

37. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i think he knew he should have gotten rid of him last year. i think he went out of his way t defend him after the Jets game. And to follow that up with the debacle on Monday night was too much. Bono had to go just like Alfredo had to go in the Godfather

38. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I never played football but special teams seems like one of the easier things to coach. Is it not? It doesn't seem THAT complicated. Stay in your lanes and what else? Make a tackle. Get off a block. Doesn't seem like rocket science.

39. ZachThomas54

ZachThomas54 New Member

Sep 3, 2010

Makes no sense...every team can get better obviously but there is no reason why we can not make a run this year and make the playoffs. Once we are in who knows what can happen. Stay postive and stop cryin about getting rid of the entire team. Not only will it not happen it is stupid to think we have to get all those positions to contend!

40. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    They tinker with the roster too much. They tinkered with the o-line too much in preseason. They tinkered with the wildcat on 3rd and 6. They're like small town garage repairmen that end up taking too long, replacing way too many parts and overcharging you for it. Hell, they even tinkered with the ownership and now we have a club in the stadium.

Don't even get me started on their little projects...Thomas, Nalbone, White, Turner, etc.

Bobby effin' Carpenter