1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tony Sparano's Q & A

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by gafinfan, Apr 2, 2008.

Tags:
  1. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

PhinsRock likes this.
  2. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    good post.

i don't think its revealing though... he's saying "all the right things" to maintain the status quo. :up:

Larryfinfan and gafinfan like this.
  3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Thanks for posting the link, will watch as soon as my stupid laptop gets done updating the RealPlayer to the latest version. Hate it when it does that.

4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Can't watch it because I'm on my Blueberry.

:(

Anyone care to summarize the interview?

Bpk

5. quelonio

quelonio Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    why can't they just move on from realplayer... i can never watch thosse.

6. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    Who still uses realplayer anyway? You could easily upload to youtube.

7. gafinfan

When I tried to up load from the site it said that it was not allowed. Believe me I tried because I though it would be good to post here. Sorry guys.

To summerize most of what you've read is not slanted to badly. You have to remember this is my opinion of what I heard, ok.

1. There will be competition at all positions. No one is given a Job. He likes what he sees in John Beck in all areas. He is working with John to help his throwing release. The QB position is an open competition. Carey is penciled in at LT for now but he likes the fact that Vernon can play several spots and will move him around to find his best spot (Carey at RT?). Someone said he did but I don't remember Tony saying anything about JPorter other than once in passing. When talking Leadreship it was Jason Taylor, V. Holliday, Beck, Ginn, a couple of the guys brought in from Dallas but never Joey, very funny.

2. Was asked about drafting a QB early. Answered by saying "We have many needs that have to be addressed in this draft." and then he went on to talk about OL, LB, DL, and DB. Asked about WR and said he was pleased about who we had on the roster. Really likes Ted Ginn as WR and RM but wants to get someone to pair with Ginn in the return game. Said at some point in the draft if a QB came up that was on their board (my words) they would have to take a hard look then.

3. He also said something that, to me, was very telling about Tony's mind set. This is talking about the draft as it applys to the Dolphins: "We want to get the Right guy on our team, not necessarly the Best guy but the right guy who will fit what we want to do".

He said that he has been in on the draft talks and that he Jeff and Bill will get back into that some time after next week. He also stated that he was working up until 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. He said that John was one of if not the first one to arrive in the morning and one of the last to leave every night.

That is most of what I remember and I hope it helps.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  8. gafinfan

I just thought of one thing I need to add about what he said. This is talking about all the ST players brought in thru FA. "These guys were brought in to compete for starting jobs not just to play on STs. Sure we want STers but they need to be starters also." "And they were told that and understand that, too."

Also about Jason Taylor: Of course he will be on our team Jason is a valueable leader of this team. Jason is a pro and I know what Jason is doing. I have no trouble with Jason being in shape he is doing every thing we ask of him and more. He is ready to go right now and we talk all the time.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  9. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    amen guys. :up:

god i love this multi-quote feature. :D

10. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007