Tony Sparano happy to see QB John Beck rebound

34 replies

ATVZ400ATVZ400New MemberOP
Jul 28, 2008, 02:52 PM

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2008/07/28/0728fins.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

In a brief career filled with several difficult moments, Sunday was as tough a day as Beck has had. During his final series of snaps, Beck threw back-to-back interceptions and nearly threw a third on the next play, finishing the day with three interceptions and several overthrows.

"At that position, it comes down to decision-making and sometimes a good decision is you got to throw the ball away," Sparano said.

This morning, Beck was much sharper - he was interception-free - and the ball left his hand more cleanly.

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Jul 28, 2008, 02:56 PM

Toooooooooooootally oposite from the two bloggers from today. Crazy.

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Jul 28, 2008, 02:57 PM

I told you! Beck is sharp as a whistle!!! lol

ALalen1New Member
Jul 28, 2008, 02:57 PM

"jdang307 wrote:

Toooooooooooootally oposite from the two bloggers from today. Crazy.

That's exactly what I was thinking as I read this article. WTF. I was just about to post the same thing and then thought I may have read the blog wrong or I was crazy.

bkbuffetbkbuffetNew Member
Jul 28, 2008, 02:57 PM

Good to hear he didn't let one bad day keep him down.
That is one thing about Beck you have to admire. He never gives up and never stops trying to improve himself.

ATVZ400ATVZ400New Member
Jul 28, 2008, 03:00 PM

"alen1 wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking as I read this article. WTF. I was just about to post the same thing and then thought I may have read the blog wrong or I was crazy.

I thought the samething as you did... i had to rub my eyes :lol:

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Jul 28, 2008, 03:01 PM

"alen1 wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking as I read this article. WTF. I was just about to post the same thing and then thought I may have read the blog wrong or I was crazy.

And sparano is hte last person i would think would sugarcoat a bad performance. I don't think he has a sugarcoating bone in his body.

ALalen1New Member
Jul 28, 2008, 03:02 PM

"jdang307 wrote:

And sparano is hte last person i would think would sugarcoat a bad performance. I don't think he has a sugarcoating bone in his body.

Exactly. I'm considering not reading the blogs and just waiting for the transcripts of Sparano's PC's.

ATVZ400ATVZ400New Member
Jul 28, 2008, 03:02 PM

"jdang307 wrote:

And sparano is hte last person i would think would sugarcoat a bad performance. I don't think he has a sugarcoating bone in his body.

yeah good point

jupiterfinjupiterfinForum Veteran
Jul 28, 2008, 03:05 PM

"Beck was on the mark on several throws, threading the needle to David Kircus on one and hitting Derek Hagan in perfect stride on another for a big gain"

Good to hear!

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Jul 28, 2008, 03:07 PM

"jdang307 wrote:

And sparano is hte last person i would think would sugarcoat a bad performance. I don't think he has a sugarcoating bone in his body.

For sure. Can some of our camp reporters clarify this.

my 2 centsmy 2 centsForum Veteran
Jul 28, 2008, 03:11 PM

"bkbuffet wrote:

Good to hear he didn't let one bad day keep him down.
That is one thing about Beck you have to admire. He never gives up and never stops trying to improve himself.

There is a lot to admire about John Beck...I think any normal person would root for a guy with Becks character and personality.....



phinpheverphinpheverNew Member
Jul 28, 2008, 03:16 PM

I love to read the blogs because I can't be there. But if we can't get reliable info what is the point. The only guys I trust anymore are Jim Mandich, Joe Rose, Jimmy Cefalo, Kim Boakemper. I frankly other than these guys don'tr know who to trust in the local media.

Ronald Reagan:
"The nine most terrifying words in the English
language are, 'I'm from the government and
I'm here to help.' "

ALalen1New Member
Jul 28, 2008, 03:20 PM

"phinphever wrote:

I love to read the blogs because I can't be there. But if we can't get reliable info what is the point. The only guys I trust anymore are Jim Mandich, Joe Rose, Jimmy Cefalo, Kim Boakemper. I frankly other than these guys don'tr know who to trust in the local media.

I recommend reading our own posters reports regarding the play in TC. They are much better than what the local newspaper reports as it is shown in this case. Finsgirlie, Ozzy and others do a great job.

phinpheverphinpheverNew Member
Jul 28, 2008, 03:40 PM

I am soory I forgot to mention our great reports from our guys and gals. Many props out to Finsgirlie, Ozzy and others who are doing a great job.

Ronald Reagan:
"The nine most terrifying words in the English
language are, 'I'm from the government and
I'm here to help.' "

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2008, 03:42 PM

This stood out to me too:

"We spent time talking about this last night as a team, no excuses," Sparano said this afternoon. "At the end of the day, we have to make the right decision."

Probably because my eyes are trained to focus on sentences with "at the end of the day."

But seriously, we all know Sparano is a no BS kind of guy thats going to tell you it how it is. He isnt here to blow sunshine up anyones ass. With that in mind, I can see how he has some respect for Beck going in there and bombing one day and having the nuts to get back in there and rebound like yesterday never happened.

It's very encouraging and refreshing to have a coach like that. I also see a huge difference already in how open and honest Sparano is when it comes to answering questions. That was one of the biggest things that used to piss me off about Cameron and I'm relieved I don't have to sit through that crap again.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

ALalen1New Member
Jul 28, 2008, 03:46 PM

"slickj101 wrote:

This stood out to me too:

Probably because my eyes are trained to focus on sentences with "at the end of the day."

But seriously, we all know Sparano is a no BS kind of guy thats going to tell you it how it is. He isnt here to blow sunshine up anyones ass. With that in mind, I can see how he has some respect for Beck going in there and bombing one day and having the nuts to get back in there and rebound like yesterday never happened.

It's very encouraging and refreshing to have a coach like that. I also see a huge difference already in how open and honest Sparano is when it comes to answering questions. That was one of the biggest things that used to piss me off about Cameron and I'm relieved I don't have to sit through that crap again.

Good post bro.

I'm also glad to have a straight-forward coach. He tells it like it is. He's not going to baby you. If he doesn't like what he sees in you, your outta there ala Gore and Wilson.

phinpheverphinpheverNew Member
Jul 28, 2008, 03:48 PM

What I's like to hear is what Offensive Coordinator Dan Henning or Quarterbacks Coach David Lee has said about the QB battle. I haven't heard much from them. If anyone finds any link to any comments or interviews post it please.

Ronald Reagan:
"The nine most terrifying words in the English
language are, 'I'm from the government and
I'm here to help.' "

gafinfangafinfanSupporter
Jul 28, 2008, 03:53 PM

As I said in another thread I will no longer believe or rely on the bloggers in the papers because, in my opinion, they are against John Beck. I have no idea why but none of them has picked John to start and they continually bring up last year. I'll believe John is bad only when I see it with my own eyes or Tony says it is so. :yes::up:


This is the only thing I’ve learned: There’s only us. There’s no them. Despots and authoritarians need to make a “them” to have a straw man whom you are against. If you need to make an enemy of “them,” you’ve lost the spirit of us. - Ken Burns of PBS

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2008, 03:54 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Good post bro.

I'm also glad to have a straight-forward coach. He tells it like it is. He's not going to baby you. If he doesn't like what he sees in you, your outta there ala Gore and Wilson.

Def. I always appreciate that tough and straight-forward mentality. Tell it how it is, no matter what.

I was ready throw my computer out a window last year listening to Cam's press conferences. I can't stand when coaches sound like politicians. This is football, we don't have time for people to be nice and worrying about being politically correct instead of just being honest. Theres no room for softness and dancing around difficult questions.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Jul 28, 2008, 03:56 PM

When Sparano came out and said, "JT won't be with us in TC" etc., I said to myself, man this guy has no filter between his brain and his mouth, there is no BS'in with him! WSIWYG with him!

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2008, 04:00 PM

"phinphever wrote:

What I's like to hear is what Offensive Coordinator Dan Henning or Quarterbacks Coach David Lee has said about the QB battle. I haven't heard much from them. If anyone finds any link to any comments or interviews post it please.

Henning was on the latest episode of Real Sports with Bryant Gumbal (The one featuring Parcells obviously).

I have to say that I'm not all that familiar with Henning and when I first saw Parcells introduce him I did have thoughts of "o boy heres BP lifelong buddy who got the job bc hes an old school guy."

Anyways, they talked to Henning briefly and even though the discussion was more focused on BP, it kind of helps to get a sense of some of Henning's philosophies at the same time. From the little bit that I've seen of him, I was somewhat impressed for how well he handled himself. He seems like another straight-forward guy like the rest of our staff.

Obviously, I'm not really answering your QB question. But I would recommend watching that episode if you get the chance. If your not familiar with Henning like me, it def helps you at least get a sense of who he is.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2008, 04:03 PM

"jdang307 wrote:

When Sparano came out and said, "JT won't be with us in TC" etc., I said to myself, man this guy has no filter between his brain and his mouth, there is no BS'in with him! WSIWYG with him!

I dont think its a matter of not having a filter between his brain and mouth. I think its more of respecting his audience (the players, the fans, his staff) and just being honest and open about the situations at hand.

BTW what the hell is WSIWYG?

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

ALalen1New Member
Jul 28, 2008, 04:05 PM

"slickj101 wrote:

I dont think its a matter of not having a filter between his brain and mouth. I think its more of respecting his audience (the players, the fans, his staff) and just being honest and open about the situations at hand.

Again, I agree.

BTW what the hell is WSIWYG?

:lol:

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Jul 28, 2008, 04:08 PM

"slickj101 wrote:

I dont think its a matter of not having a filter between his brain and mouth. I think its more of respecting his audience (the players, the fans, his staff) and just being honest and open about the situations at hand.

BTW what the hell is WSIWYG?

what you see is what you get...

took me a min to figure out myself...

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”