1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tony Sparano earns players' respect

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Nov 9, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Dolphins coach Tony Sparano earns players' respect | MiamiHerald.com

One after another, Miami's players explain with glowing enthusiasm why Sparano -- who is only one year removed from his role as the Cowboys' offensive line coach -- has convinced each that the team's recent success isn't a fluke.

Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder said he hopes his agent can find a way to negotiate a new contract with general manager Jeff Ireland so he can play in Miami for several more years when his current deal expires after this season.

The reason is simple.
    ''I want to play for Sparano,'' Crowder said without hesitation. ``He's just so smart. So smart.''

good read

2. Fantastic!!! Coach Sparano seems to be earning everyone's respect.... yet another great move by Bill Parcells.

3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

BP/TS for president 2012.

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    thats a great article

5. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    When a veteran of a team says the coach can identify with the team, that IMO, is a great, great sign. Sparano has gotten this team to .500, which many NFL coaches have accomplished, it's time to see if he can go above and beyond. Win the games his team is suppose to win. I think we'll find out exactly what type of future we have with Sparano in the second half of this season.

felly smarts likes this.
  6. felly smarts

felly smarts New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Great read. I read some of the responses at the bottom and there was a dude saying he could be the next Shula. I don't think there will and could ever be another Don Shula. I do believe if Sporano can keep this attitude alive with our players and can successfully do it year after year, I think we will have another coach that we can put up on a pedestal almost as high as Shula's.

It's good to know that we may have a fighting chance in the years to come. Go Phins!