1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tom Garfinkel Q & A

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Itsdahumidity, May 23, 2016.

1. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
    Great interview w/ Tom Garfinkel on different topics including stadium progress & uniforms.

http://phinphanatic.com/2016/05/23/qa-with-dolphins-ceo-tom-garfinkel/

"Uniforms are a polarizing topic. For example, some fans think we should wear white/white every home game because it’s the tradition and some fans give us feedback that we wear white too much."

"Some fans love the old logo and some don’t like it and prefer the new one. Generally speaking, I tend to be a traditionalist, but I also believe that brand evolution is a good thing and brand revolution is almost always a bad idea; especially when you have one with as much rich history as ours."

"The head coach and football operations really have the final say on the color of uniforms that are worn on game day."

"It’s not 100 percent set yet, but we anticipate the uniforms this year will be as follows:

– Aqua jerseys for preseason home games.
    – White jerseys for preseason away games.
    – White jerseys for Cleveland, Tennessee, Pittsburgh and Arizona home games. Tennessee will be our Breast Cancer Awareness game.

– Throwbacks for Buffalo home game, which will be our alumni game.
    – Aqua jersey for New York Jets game, which will be our Salute to Service game.
    – Throwbacks for San Francisco game.
    – Aqua jersey for New England game.
    – Color rush for Thursday night away game at Cincinnati (NFL will announce colors)."

Zippy and Linus like this.
  2. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    God, I love those throwbacks.

Garfinkel was such a great hire.

Itsdahumidity and dolphin25 like this.
  3. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    There was some really good context in this article on the amount of listeners Finsiders had in relation to other content.

4. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    How's Simon?

Pandarilla likes this.
  5. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Yes! Getting closer and closer of getting Throwback style full time imo! Reading between the lines of his interview, I think we will see a change in the next 3-5 years with our uniform

djphinfan likes this.
  6. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I didn't get that from the article. I don't see them moving back to that.
    Honestly, as a fan, I'd be really pissed off if we moved back to ANOTHER uniform/logo in 10 years. That would be 3 in 30, which would show a pretty solid lack of vision/foresight for the brand.

The uniforms/logos are fine. They are what they are. Enjoy the throwbacks. Enjoy the alternates that I imagine Nike will continue to push, etc. Just say no to another overhaul of the logo/uniform/brand.

7. Itsdahumidity

Dec 10, 2007
    I thought you championed the new logo & uni. Or am I thinking about someone else? Hopefully when it's all said and done, the current combo will just be a forgettable footnote in the franchise's history.

dolphin25 likes this.
  8. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Love the logo. Hate the unis. Always said there was not enough orange. I would love to keep this logo and keep the throwback unis. Always been a fan of stripes on uniforms

djphinfan likes this.
  9. Itsdahumidity

Dec 10, 2007
    oh ok.

That would be a travesty IMHO.

10. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Garfinkle is Aponte! Aponte is Garfinkle...They both love lasagna and kick field goals...vomit

11. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Really? I got the complete opposite impression. Sounds to me that Garfinkel is saying that he himself is a traditionalist, but brand evolution is a good thing. Which is what we did when we updated the logo and uniforms. Kept the basic, traditional concepts, but evolved them. I actually think he shot down the idea of going to throwbacks full time by talking about the importance of evolution.

rdhstlr23 nailed it. I'll be pretty pissed if we change logos and uniforms again anytime soon. The throwbacks are great as a change-up once or twice a year, but the current set is really nice. Some fans still aren't used to them yet. Let them grow on people. I think that's essentially what Garfinkle was saying. The throwbacks are good for nostalgia and to honor the history of the team, but they also need to use evolution to their advantage. Which is what they did.

12. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I don't like them. I've not purchased anything with that logo on it. And I won't. it is better then the smiling Dolphin before it though.

13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think he'[ll revist the uni change in a couple years when were eligible..

This guy is a good ceo..

good job to Ross.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.