1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today/3pm Super Bowl Selection

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by finyank13, May 25, 2010.

Super Bowl in NY/NJ Good or Bad

1. Yes it is great for the game

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Ehh the NFL is reaching here

15 vote(s)
    78.9%
  1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    There has been discussion, and pretty much certainity that NY/NJ will get a SB....I hate this, they have no roof. And it isnt because it is cold yada yada, I live up here, I know. Mid-Feb to late Feb, you are looking at anywhere from 5-32 degrees, but more likely it will be between 10-25....snow is always a possibly....

I just think it would be a shame, that any of the 32 teams cold weather and hot weather teams alike, spend a whole year preparing for a SB, and then that day it snows or is just extremely cold, and it takes away an attack like N.O.'s passing game, or guys sitting/standing on the sidelines wearing big coats trying to stay warm, QB's like Manning cant get their hands right for it, cuz they are frozen..nobody can get loose, and the overall quality of play suffers..

I think the SB is about 2 teams going head to head, and seeing who wins, the best attributes from both teams displayed in both hot and cold weather games over the course of a 16 week season on full display....I would hate not to see N.O.'s passing game, or the Baltimore run game be hampered by weather....

As well the fan experience is high during those 2 weeks, the NFL takes great pride in it.....I could see that dipping...it is simple, I can deal with the weather like no other up here, but crap u not, I dont want to stand outside in 20 degrees biting wind weather as my kid does something "NFL experience" related.....ask anybody from around these parts about Feb in New England or the Tri-State area...awful..

Lastly I can see Miami going to the SB the year it is here....my luck watch....lol....first time since the beatdown against SF in 84, and they go to NY to play...I can see it now...

Thoughts?

2. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    I hope they do play there and I hope there's a blizzard....... that'll teach em to shun us and our beautiful winter weather down here.

unluckyluciano and finyank13 like this.
  3. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    Bring the SB back into the elements. I'm all for it.

PS17 and adamprez2003 like this.
  4. Fishweiser

Fishweiser New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Im for bringing it back to the elements as well....Ill even go so far as to say that Id like it the SB experience to be brought to all the NFL city stadiums. I know places like Green bay would be rough, but I guarantee that stadium would be filled regardless....

LandShark13 likes this.
  5. PS17

PS17 NYJ 2010!!!

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    Jets get to win their fourth straight SB at home!

6. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Ha. After this season your cap is shot. Good luck with all those contracts.

More likely; Jets fans get to watch the Dolphins win a Super Bowl on their own (shared) field.

unluckyluciano and finyank13 like this.
  7. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami

You and Klecko73isGod must come from the same mother.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    :knucks:

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Goodell says we need a roof down here right? Ok.

10. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Rain is ok as long as it's frozen. Not sure what they're gonna about the smell though.

11. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Yeah I would second that, at least just one per, throw that bone to every team that helps make the NFL a success. I know the chances of that are in the never range though.

I agree with having it in the elements. I don't understand football being played 17 weeks in everything from 100 degree weather to blizzards and then when you get to the Super Bowl saying, oh but these are the best two teams, let's not have anything that could affect their game play. I mean the elements are part of the game the entire year, why do they need to be eliminated the last game? I can see the other side of the argument from a competition and entertainment standpoint, anyone remember watching that Steelers game we had with all the mud? lol For me though it's analogous to changing a rule just because it's the Super Bowl.

Never short on delusion. 19-0 this season and Markie Poo wins MVP right? :tongue2:

12. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I completely agree with that every NFL team should host a Superbowl. I'm even more for adding the elements back to the game. Every year teams have to play in the same conditions in the regular season or playoffs but not the Superbowl? I would love to see a Superbowl played up in the frozen tundra at Green Bay. I think that would be the true test to see who is the best team.

LandShark13 likes this.
  13. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    If the NFL wants to do something good for the game, it needs to have a SB in Green Bay. Second to none.

Then they should play one here in Denver, hell, we we're playing golf in Jan/Feb.:up:

14. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    this^

15. Fishweiser

Fishweiser New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    How about, when a team wins a super bowl, they get to host the next years super bowl?

That would give every NFL city a chance to host, plus it would make things more interesting and entertaining each year.

16. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I disagree, for this reason and this reason only: The Super Bowl should be about the best team winning, not the team who plays the best in ****ty weather. That's not a test of who the best team is. If the Colts and Saints are in the Super Bowl, I don't wanna see 7 Turnovers and a game of field position because there's 9 inches of snow in DC or Green Bay or New England or wherever.

That's ok for playoffs and regular season, but not the Super Bowl IMO.

unluckyluciano and texanphinatic like this.
  17. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    You do realize this practically guarantees a Miami Dolphins trip to the Superbowl representing the AFC that year!!!

finyank13 likes this.
  18. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    I love all the New York papers today...."Greatest City Gets Greatest Sports Event!"

I wrote them a letter thanking them for letting me learn something new. I never knew that East Rutherford, NJ was the greatest city. :wink2:

19. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Funny how they're so quick to blow off New Jersey until you point out the Giants/Jets play there. Then suddenly East Rutherford is an extension of Times Square.

20. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    No, they're still blowing it off. All they're talking about is that NEW YORK got the super bowl.

Last time I looked out my window, the stadium was on the other end of the GW Bridge. :tongue2:

21. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I love NY, lived there all my life, but this Super Bowl is in Jersey, stop pretending its in New York, because its NOT! I hate seeing all the papers saying Super Bowl in New York, I thought it was at Giant/Jet stadium, not the Bills...