1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to play or not to play

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by the 23rd, Jun 3, 2011.

1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
  2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    :flag:so we're down to eleven posters

football seems to have fallen through the cracks in the light of the many uncertainties we encounter in the day to day business of living

would really be a good thing if the NFL could come to a compromise quickly & get on with the season without further interruption. passion & entertainment in sports can be a tremendous distraction, easing the pain as we slide into the abyss
    :couch:

unfortunately, don't think its going to happen. never underestimate the power of greed, they would all sell us out in a NewYorkMinute.:yes:

:omg: what to do? Does it really matter?

MrClean likes this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Come on Bro, it is the start of Summer, and Saturday Night with NO new information to speak of, just a PBP story about the new offense that has as much substance as a piece of industrial toilet paper, people have lives...unlike me..:shifty:

:lol:

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    get on with your real life as best you can & let the NFL Hottentots sort it out
    just for the record:
    doesn't look good to me. my optimism is @ an all-time low for both country & franchise

MrClean likes this.
  5. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    There just isn't much to talk about. It is rough man. I check in on here regularly. This is the time of year that I have already planned and booked three trips to see our team in three different states. I've planned them, but have booked nothing. We are in limbo. It is driving me crazy. I even responded to one of your multi colored threads. :tongue2:

6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Friend huck1974:
    the only positive in an otherwise negative week

:rimshot::party:
    if things don't change soon, you'll all be posting in color

7. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I love the Dolphins and talking Dolphin football but when there isn't anything happening it's frustrating to hammer away at the same topics without any result.
    It's pointless to complain,***** and fight over something that at the moment doesn't exist. I'm still passionate about all of it....... that will never leave but I need more and right now it just isn't there.

pumpdogs and huck1974 like this.
  8. huck1974

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    I Just can't bring myself to do it. :lol:

padre31 likes this.
  9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Henne really is gonna have to grow up fast...with the amount of pressure he has on him, not knowing the new system....I sure hope these practices that hes conducting has a playbook involved..

10. huck1974

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    Thats about the first thing I can agree with you on. There is usually at least something to talk about this time of year while we count the days to practice reports and preseason, but this just plain sucks. I have been concentrating on work and got a business deal going with a country club. Been playing lots of free golf and they put $300 a month on my bar tab to spend. That helps, but I still revert to checking on here almost daily to see what is going on. This just isn't any fun for any of us.

Killerphins likes this.
  11. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Gotta' love that opening line....:lol:

12. huck1974

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    I didn't mean that in a bad way. We all have different opinions. Our opinions just vary quite a bit on a regular basis. Doesn't mean I wouldn't want to root for our team next to you. Thats why we are here.

Killerphins and djphinfan like this.
  13. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    :rimshot::party:
    if things don't change soon, you'll all be posting in color

14. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    I've been watching Dolphin football for 39 1/4 seasons now (started on the famous Christmas eve KC game in 3rd quarter when my Dad called me in to watch). I can't think of any time I have given less of a !@#$ about football. Not even in the strike season of 87. Once they get back into camps and the games start, it will change, but I really am disgusted with pro football.

15. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Friend Aqua: :yes: exactly my sentiments, I really am disgusted with pro football too!

16. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Would be a good thing if the NFL and the players come to a quick agreement, you mean ??

17. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    It is getting tiring, the same topics and no football business going on to possibly change any arguments. Thank God for baseball right now is all I can say.

18. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I really wonder if these people live in the same world as the rest of us. I believe there is a serious disconnect not only between owners and players, but with the reality of the fan-base. The third-rail of football obviously counts for little within the ultimate considerations of the NFL, this could prove to be a very bad thing thing for professional football & a boon for other sports a little further down the line.

19. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I think there is little doubt that most of them don't.

I think they are counting on the NFL's extreme popularity for the fans to come flocking back in droves, but it would serve them right, if it doesn't happen.

The fans are not even given consideration in all this by most owners and players. There have been a few like Mara and Kraft who have mentioned the fans.