1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Titans cut RB Dion Lewis...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DOLFANMIKE, Mar 12, 2020.

1. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    I'm not sure if there is any connection between Flores and Dion Lewis but the Titans just released Lewis. I always thought he was highly under-rated as a play maker. I'd love to pick him up.

KeyFin likes this.
  2. Phin McCool

Phin McCool Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Oooh no! Got under 209 rushing yards (400 yards total offence) last season. Didn't he start off the season in front of Henry as well?

3. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    They also just cut Wake.

4. DOLFANMIKE

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    Lewis was the real deal in New England. He did it all. Him not getting big play time or numbers with Henry in the stable doesn't phase me a bit. The guy is electric and plays uber smart.

5. DOLFANMIKE

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...s-explore-signing-recently-cut-rb-dion-lewis/

"Could Miami’s connections to Lewis through the Patriots to be enough to warrant consideration to help bolster Miami’s running back stable? Remember — Miami has already been connected to the likes of Joe Thuney, Ted Karras, another former Patriot/Titan in CB Logan Ryan and others with a pipeline that runs through Foxborough.

Given Lewis’ status as a rotational back and his age, he projects well to Miami’s spending philosophies, to boot. We’ll see if the Dolphins make a move; but because Lewis was cut, he is eligible to be signed at any time."

He logged over 1100 yards from scrimmage and 9 touchdowns that season before signing with the Titans in 2018.

6. Etrius24

Etrius24 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2020
    Low risk, high reward... He will be affordable and he is youngish and healthy.

Yes, yes, yes

rafael likes this.
  7. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Titans freeing up everything they can to pay Derrick Henry and Tannehill... really wish we could get on that bidding war for Henry..

8. Etrius24

Etrius24 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2020
    Do not want to pay for Henry.... Lets get Dion Lewis on the cheap... Draft AJ Dillion and build the line

9. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    We've added vet running backs like him in the past and then had to rely on them as full time starters. It never works, so as long as he's a backup and pretty much a rotational situation type of player i'm good with it. He's approaching the end of his career as a running back in the NFL. These guys don't last past 30, so i'd take him here as a third string running back that brings a change of pace. I can just see us being stupid and signing him to be the starter while simultaneously passing on a potential beast running back in the draft like Dobbins or Taylor. "Oh we got Dion Lewis, lets build the trenches." Hopefully that doesn't happen. I like Lewis, but purely as a third down back.