Titanfall
85 replies
No Titanfall thread? Really? I'm not too interested in the game, but let's remedy the lack of a thread, at least... :lol:
Release date: March 11, 2014
Platforms: PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One (no Sony or Nintendo platforms)
Minimum system requirements (PC):
OS: 64-bit editions of Windows 7, 8, or 8.1
CPU: Athlon X2 2.8 GHz (AMD) or Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz (Intel)
RAM: 4 GB
GPU: Radeon HD 4770 (AMD) or GeForce 8800 GT (nvidia), 512 MB VRAM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5sqPxbLmIU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5bNTGXOcdA
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
Too much AI presence in the multiplayer. Concept is good, but to have AI fodder is a buzz kill for me at least.
I'm interested, but not enough to jump in on a pre-order yet.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
Too much hype for a game I highly doubt lives up to it. I have to agree with Tone. 6v6 with AI bots. Not interested.

I'm pretty pumped for this game. Supposedly there's a closed beta coming this week. Hopefully I can get a code for it somehow.
With EA, "closed beta" means "limited time demo".
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RgZXzOq7bY
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
Looks pretty cool. I just wonder how quick I'd get burnt out.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
It honestly doesn't look that interesting to me. The environments don't capture me and the combat seems unsubstantial. The giant robots don't even appeal to me, which is strange because I love me some giant robots.
Think I'll pass on this and enjoy the traffic relief it'll bring to BF4.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
You can register for the beta now at titanfall.com/beta. Beta is for Xbox1 and PC. It'll be open from 2/14 to 2/18. I think I saw 2 maps and 3 game modes.
Woodysgamertag (Apparently, a youtube guy who makes COD videos) was one of a bunch of youtubers invited to play Titanfall in L.A. So far, he's the only one who let the cat out of the bag on the experience. Apparently, he accidentally violated a NDA (although he said he didn't sign anything) by making a youtube video about it. He took it down after other youtubers told him too. That said, he apparently called Titanfall a COD killer. He thinks the game is awesome and is going to be the next big thing, ala Halo.
I want this game. Now. Since I have an xbox 360, I don't have to buy an XB1, but if this game is as amazing as the hype, it might decide the console wars for me and others.
How can he violate an NDA for posting Youtube footage when I just posted Youtube footage of the beta?
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
How can he violate an NDA for posting Youtube footage when I just posted Youtube footage of the beta?
Link to your youtube?
He mentioned he didn't know when the beta would be released so I imagine the trip took place before? I've read about several youtubers who went and they all say the same thing. We can't talk about it.
"Clark Kent wrote:
Link to your youtube?
He mentioned he didn't know when the beta would be released so I imagine the trip took place before? I've read about several youtubers who went and they all say the same thing. We can't talk about it.
No, not on my Youtube channel… look at post 7 in this thread.
Levelcap went to the same event.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN3KkFJ6_-c
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
Any1 with an Xbox One need a beta key for TF? Have an extra one and it's burning a whole in my pocket
"JdReimon wrote:
Any1 with an Xbox One need a beta key for TF? Have an extra one and it's burning a whole in my pocket
Supposedly the beta is being opened up as a demo tonight on Xbox One.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4s4tnOA8-A
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
Played the Beta (just training and one match) to be sure I'd like it, and it is quite cool. I played with a bunch of ****tards on my team so we lost, and I think the other team was a group, but I did well aside from missing my chance to depart the battlefield.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
Too bad this isn't on PS4. I'm not willing to invest enough in a gaming rig to run it in PC (hate going against mouse players, and cheaters really ruined PC multiplayer for my years ago) and I chose to stick with Sony this gen. Don't game enough to rationalize buying both systems.
Will have to hang on for Destiny, the Witcher 3, and Star Citizen on PC.
#NFLFU
"Stitches wrote:
Played the Beta (just training and one match) to be sure I'd like it, and it is quite cool. I played with a bunch of ****tards on my team so we lost, and I think the other team was a group, but I did well aside from missing my chance to depart the battlefield.
I like it, the whole concept but I have a few suggestions. I think they should make the teams larger, maybe 8v8 and do something about the bots because they're just free kills. I find myself running around not finding anybody to kill besides bots. Also think they should make it more difficult to get a titan. It's too easy, every player gets one every 2 minutes and they should be stronger so it's an actual reward to get one so we don't have 6 titans running around.

"Killer Bees wrote:
I like it, the whole concept but I have a few suggestions. I think they should make the teams larger, maybe 8v8 and do something about the bots because they're just free kills. I find myself running around not finding anybody to kill besides bots. Also think they should make it more difficult to get a titan. It's too easy, every player gets one every 2 minutes and they should be stronger so it's an actual reward to get one so we don't have 6 titans running around.
I actually prefer it the way it is. Yes everyone gets a Titan but I think that makes the game better because for one not everyone is good at using it. I have taken on as much as 3 and won, granted with low health at the end but I did. Even 6 titans running around most are destroyed within a minute, I rarely see 6 for very long at once. Titans are not that major of a advantage, I can rodeo and take one down 75% of the time. Bot's do need a bit of difficulty added to them because at the moment their just pest, and only good for farming to get your Titan in faster. As far as finding pilots I don't seem to have a trouble watch the mini map, and roofs.
Favorite thing to do is get my Titan, rodeo another one till he drops to his knee to try to kill me leap off and call my Titan down on top of his.
Played the the beta on XB1..... DL'd the beta on the 17th and did the training part and shut it down and played ghosts instead. The next day turned on XB1 on and remembered I DL'd it. Played actual MP matches and came to the conclusion that this game is AWESOME!!! I wished I had DL'd the beta sooner. I'm a FPS fan and I had my reservations about it. I'm not a big fan of HALO and that's what it looked like to me. But to my astonishment the game rocked... and hard! You can call me a COD fan boy but when this game is released on March 11 I'm putting COD away for a long time. The developers put lots of thought into the game play and it really paid off. Played 2 game types out of I think 5 that we're on the beta. Forget what they were called but one was similar to Domination and the other similar to Deathmatch( I believe it was called "Attrition"). I'll explain this game mode as this is the one I played most.
The matches were 6 players vs 6 players per match max but there are AI controlled human sized bots on both sides called spectres. These spectres can be "highjacked" to fool the other team and get kills for you. Real players are called pilots and there were "grunts" as well but I couldn't figure them out. Each player/pilot can call in there "titans"(think Mechwarrior, Robotech, Pacific Rim)after waiting a certain amount of time(2 min.) and these titans are not hiding behind any killstreaks so every "pilot" has one coming whether you play well or not. The better you play the quicker your wait time though. The titans can also be "highjacked" by pilots who are not piloting one themselves, while another player on the opposing team is piloting it. While in a Titan you can kill opposing pilots either by shooting them with your titans weaponry or just squishing 'em if their near you. You can also disembark your Titan and have your Titan follow you and act as a guardian. Pilots can run on walls by way of jet pack, jump up very high to get to a second story window or roof.(this makes shooting them very difficult or getting away much easier when your cornered). Both pilots and Titans have melee attack. (When titans melee one another there's the possibility that a pilot can get ripped out of his Titan by the opposing Titan... cool stuff). If your piloting a Titan and your Titan is about to explode you can eject from it and continue the fight. The first team that gets 20 of their pilots killed loses but the losing team has a chance to get evacuated out of the map. If your on the losing team you have to make it to the extraction point within a certain amount of time(40 sec. I think) and if your on the winning team you can either intercept and kill the pilots trying to make it to the extraction point or destroy the rescue ship.(if you get killed at this point in the match you don't re-spawn... Best time time use pilot only cloaking device)
The game had a perk system but I'm not sure how it works as I just earned it through XP's right before the beta ended(5 ability cards to choose from). The XP system is just like COD, where you earn different weapons and Titan/pilot capabilities as you earn more XP's. No killstreak incentive that I saw or maybe I just hadn't earned it yet.
I seriously was not even thinking about getting this game, let alone playing it until the getting involved with the beta. So many ways to kill or not be killed.
Anyway I'm definitely hooked on this game and will have withdrawals until the game is released on March 11.
Any old time FPS gamers remember Shogo? One of the best and most underrated games ever.. Reminds me of this a little.