1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timmons Lining Up Wrong!?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    The problem is the need for immediate gratification and the need for people to drill their point home. Negagivity is fine, even necessary to an extent as it helps with accountability. But no one wants to read that on a fan board all the time. Cleaning up that type of stuff isnt easy as trying to change perspective is generally the first choice until there is no other choice.

2. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    On the other side of the coin Bill Belichek seems to be able to get his players to understand and communicate. Don Shula, Bill Walsh before him too. Generally speaking from my experience with training people in the workplace is that if training breaks down it is usually the fault of the trainer not the trainee.

However you also have to separate a failure of the scheme from a failure to install a scheme. For example Mike Sherman’s scheme was obsolete at college level, let alone at NFL level so ir was doomed to fail no matter how well the players executed.

I have seen simplification work, sometimes for offenses. But I really can’t recall.a situation where a D has been simplified successfully. When the Patsies were having trouble on D earlier this year BB didn’t si plify his scheme. He did tweak his scheme to better suit his players, but he taught them and expected them to execute his schemes.

danmarino likes this.