1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to Rebuild

Discussion in 'Out of Bounds' started by Jeff Widman, Oct 26, 2017.

TIME TO REBUILD?

1. YES

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. NO

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jeff Widman

Jeff Widman New Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Been a Dolfan since 1970. Finally have hit the point of total disgust. Simply put, this team is awful and going nowhere. Time to rebuild. Let me explain-

1) Weaknesses- Secondary, linebacking, pass rush, offensive line, QB

Can anyone argue with the above? There is not 1 legitimate CB on the team. Alonso is good but needs better players to play with. The other LB's are old and will be gone next year. The pass rush is fair but far from making a difference. The offensive line cannot provide the QB with time to throw or provide holes for Ajayi. Finally, Moore and Cutler or not worthy of being starters and Tannehill is average at best.

2) Strengths- Wide Receivers, run defense

The Fins receivers can be fantastic, if they had a quality QB to throw to them. The run defense is very good (not great)

3) Solution- start dumping players that hurt the Fins flexibility and start picking up draft picks.

Maxwell's release was a good start. Let's now move the following in trades- Landry, Rashad Jones, Pouncey and even Tannehill. The Fins need to get IMPACT players to make a difference.

4) Draft Needs- Offensive line, CB, QB

I believe the O-line is by far the most important need. The Fins were dominant when they had great lines (70's, Richmond Webb, Keith Sims, etc.) They suck now. Draft a LT first and move Tunsil back to G. Then draft another OL Next grab a CB. The QB will have to come via free agency (Cousins) or trade )Luck).

5) Follow their lead- Buffalo Bills

I live in Buffalo and wish that everyone on that team was dead. That said I believe Buffalo will be again be a dominant team very soon. In ONE year the Bills have made several great trades leaving them with 2 draft picks in EACH of rounds 1,2, 3, and 4. They will be in great position to make several impact picks.

Tell me what you think. Be honest. The Fins suck. They are a 6-7 win team at best.

2. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Lol. Nice try Bills fan.

3. Jeff Widman

Jeff Widman New Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Moron, I've been a Dolfan since 1970. I grew up in Rochester and have hated the Jills since I first followed football. Don't be like the ******* Jills fans. I know more about the Fins than you will EVER know.

Danny Thomas was the first owner.

Joe Auer returned a kickoff for TD on the first play (preseason) they ever played

There was a controversy over whether they should start Morrall or Griese in the SB Perfect Season

Jimmy Johnson is an ******* who ruined the team

When did you become a fan? When Marino joined the team?

4. Jeff Widman

Jeff Widman New Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Read my reply.

PS- Did you even READ (and thought about) what I wrote. This team is not favored in ANY games the rest of the season.

5. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Yeah, not a good idea to call a staff member a moron with your 2nd post.

6. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Dude weve been rebuilding the last ten years, so whats another one?

7. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    The guy had some points...