1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to change some misconceptions about age!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Sethdaddy8, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I hear a lot of, "lets see how you look when you're my age" type comments.
    The truth im finding is that, some metabolisms run faster than others, despite age. Its a person by person case. And the fact is, muscles mature gracefully, and are better at development into your 30s and 40s.

Take the man, 8 time Mr. Olympia RONNIE COLEMAN.
    Born in 1964, he is competing for his 9th title this year...at 46!
    No, not that "masters" division. The over-all !!!
    http://www.musclesportmag.com/2009/06/30/breaking-news-coleman-comeback-confirmed-for-2010/

Look at the top 10 competitors of the 2009 Mr.O:
    1. Jay Cutler(no not the Bears qb) 36
    2. Branch Warren 35
    3. Dexter Jackson 40
    4. Kai Greene 36
    5. Phil Heath 30
    6. Victor Martinez 36
    7. Ronny Rockel 37
    8. Toney Freeman 43
    9. Hidetada Yamagishi 46
    10. Moe Elmoussawi 36

Not a single 20 year old. I think us here get caught up in "football" age and apply it to life, especially when we see a guy like Deion Sanders(42) or Michael Irvin(43), who look like healthy guys, but old healthy guys. No doubt that specific game ages you...big time. But then again, a lot is what you decide to put into the gym.
    See former Dolphin DT Daryl Gardener(36):
    [​IMG]

But I think 30 and 40 somethings have the upper hand with muscle development. We need to stop using age as a crutch, because its really not the case. As I've been getting back into the game, and researching some...its just a little "fact" I've picked up. I don't feel like my rope is at its end. I feel like I'm just starting to tap into my potential, because of my age.
    And in the years to come, I'll bet we see some pretty amazing 50 and 60 year olds, and beyond!!

ok, stepping off my soap box now

2. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    This thread would have good until I saw that picture. Please use spoiler tags in the future. Thanks.

3. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    A steroid thread?