1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Time for Cameron Wake to Wake Up"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PhinsFanWife, Apr 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. TheMarshall, dolfan7171 and Agua like this.
  2. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Why on earth is Omar calling Wake out to wake up when the guy barely played? He even acknowledges this in his article, maybe the person that needs to wake up is Sparano.

resnor, Phins28, dolfan7171 and 2 others like this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yeah he really needs more playing time, but with Jason Taylor and Joey Porter how much could he play?

Had to laugh a bit, last night after Taylor's presser ended, Wake posted a twit pic of a grill full of cooked steaks and chops and called it turf.

4. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Good point. I think that not playing the young guys contributed to Pasqualoni being canned. On a side note, Wake seemed to lose some of his effectiveness when he had to play "big minutes" vs Tampa Bay IIRC.

Ronnie Bass likes this.
  5. Precisely, Padre... I am confident Wake is going to tear it up this year. :up:

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
  7. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I agree wake needs more playing time. last season it wasn't hard to see that they sort of gave up on using him as an OLB and concentrated on his strength which was being a situational pass rusher. This is the very reason I screamed so loud for some time that having the two aged OLB's in taylor and porter were stunting our growth. eventually you have to move on and develop young talent. now that taylor is gone we can start going in that direction. wake has his work cut out for him but I think he has it in him athletically.

As far as Wake waking up obviously it was a play on words and I dont see focus as his obstacle. he has to improve his versatility and get better at the things his game is lacking. You have to start with keeping his hand out of the dirt at all costs even if he struggles. that is the only way he will learn to be a complete OLB.

8. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    No need to quote bloggers.

9. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    If Nolan can do what he did with Dumervil, Wake is going to blow up.

10. Precisely, Padre... I am confident Wake is going to tear it up this year. :up:

11. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    The problem with wake is if the QB's hip twitches, wake gets faked out.

I'm afraid they'll run punt fakes all game to his side against us ... :D

12. Phinatic425

Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    Would love to see Wake become a 3 down player

13. felly smarts

felly smarts New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    I can't stand Omar. He is the type of guy that will talk just to hear his own voice. I try not to waste valuable time by reading his articles.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    He's just there, writing stuff for the sake of writing...probably a union job too...

felly smarts likes this.
  15. TheMarshall

TheMarshall New Member

Apr 15, 2010
    i agree, i wish he cant become a demarcus ware/James harrison

16. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Pro Football Focus, the Cliff Notes of football scouting :no:. Actually, you should watch the games instead of running to PFF to grab stats. FYI, PFF has Chris Chambers, Devin Aromashodu, Malcolm Floyd, Kelly Washington, Steve (NYG) Smith, Hakeem Nicks, Mushin Muhammad, Derrick Mason, Jacoby Jones and 22 other WRs rated ahead of Brandon Marshall so when I say that BM is a top 10 WR how about you run over there, grab the rest of the names and correct me :lol:

Sure he had a good game, but Wake was CLEARLY gassed in the 4th qtr after being on the field for entire drives instead of just a couple plays at a time. My point is, its unlikely that he'll be able to rush the passer w/ the same ferocity if he had to become a full time player.