1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tim Tebow staying in Florida

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Good. It's best for the school and for him.

2. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Is it best for Florida? Yes.

Is it best for Tim Tebow? I don't think so. Fact is, Florida isn't going to change their scheme anytime soon, and the coaches on that staff don't seem to be in a hurry to fix his mechanics. By coming to the league now, he could have gottne the quarterback instruction that he is going to need to be able to play that position in the NFL. By going back to school, there's not much chance he will make enough of an improvement mechanically that it will effect his draft grade signficantly. He's a 3rd round pick as a quarterback at this point, and that's only because he has the leadership skills teams crave in the position. He's a 2-3 year project at best though due to his mechanics.

Boomer and alen1 like this.
  3. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    That's my point...he isn't going to be an NFL QB IMHO, and the NFL isn't that important to him. Another year in college will be the best thing for him as a person.

dolfan32323 likes this.
  4. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I just don't see what the major dilemma is in terms of:

1. His arm- strength accuracy, delivery, etc.

2. Adapting from his current drop back style, whatever one would call it, to a straight up 7-step drop or varaition thereof. If you watch the guy play he's looking, looking at the LOS for run opportunities- this gets his body parallel to the LOS quickly, and it looks awkward-but who can argue that it hasn't been efficient? So he'll drop back in a more conventional method- big whoop. Part of me wishes that he would have come out this year, just so we could all see sooner rather than later what kind of a pro QB he's going to be.

5. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    does Tebow have more questions than Vince Young?

I could still see some team drafting him very high because, frankly, he's arguably the one of the best college players ever, and will undoubtedly sell jerseys and fill seats.

6. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    I don't see him in the NFL very long. Wouldn't surprise me to see him actually use his degree to do other things.

7. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Actually, your Bulldogs taking Mullen away from him may help in the long run. They just hired a new QB coach that came from the NFL, granted he was with the Lions but every little bit helps. He was also the QB coach at Michigan when Brady and Henne were there.

The success of his NFL career remains to be seen but he has stated several times that playing in the NFL is one of his major goals and he's determined to do it.

jim1 likes this.
  8. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    How do you NOT see these as issues? I'm baffled by this.

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    This is a little odd to me..just a little, its weird, i love how this kid plays football but sometimes i think hes a little too childlike.iam probably wrong..

Kinda like when leinart kept sayin, ' hey iam just a kid havin fun' ALL...THE...TIME......used to bother the hell out of me..

10. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Are you honestly questioning Tebow's maturity??

Say what you want about his long delivery, footwork, etc... but he is by far one of the most mature college football players in the game. Immature kids don't spend spring break on a mission trip to the Philippines, or his free time speaking to inmates about his faith. I know people probably getting tired of hearing about his off the field stuff but he is anything but immature.

Don't confuse passion for the game and competitiveness for immaturity.

Swampfox and alen1 like this.
  11. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Yeah. I am sure Tebow will get into trouble for partying too much in the offseason like Leinart... :no: