1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tim Ryan on Sirius

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by The Aqua Crush, May 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Just a tidbit I heard on satellite radio. He was saying Gil Brant mentioned Bill Parcells likes to say young college players remind him of past NFL players.

He went on to say he really liked sean smith and that he reminded him of a former safety (sorry can't remember the name i was driving with no pen) that parcells really used to like. Smith apparently has the same characteristics as the past safety in terms of being tall and the ability to be a free rover up the middle and deep to break up passes and win jump ball type passes.

Tim went on to say Vontae will be playing opposite of Will Alen and Y.Bell will be joined by Smith to cover over the top as his size and arm length is perfect for the rover position.

Anyways, thought it was interesting how the FO thought of the two corners they took and how they initially think they can fit into our plans. I think we got the characteristics for our secondary to get better all over with our CB's taken. I hope they can come in and play early.

2. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Brother I think our secondary will be better then expected.:hi5:

3. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I agree and I'm expecting great things. :D;)

4. SCPhinFan

SCPhinFan Junior Member

Jan 6, 2008
    I called the show last week and talked to Ryan and Kirwin. They seemed to love our draft. They agreed that they thought we would pick up a NT b/c Solia is not the answer but thought getting Patrick Turner where we did was fine. They thought we could have got Hartline a couple rounds later. Also stated that the issues with Vontae Davis will not be an issue with us. Parcells and Sparano will not tolerate that and he knows it.

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Tuna coached for so many seasons, it's tough to think of who he may be talking about, maybe Deron Cherry, maybe Kenny Easley.

Tuna and Ireland could be looking at Sean Smith like Ed Reed after Reed put on a show last season returning interceptions.

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  6. The Aqua Crush

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada

Cheers for the names, but it wasn't either one of them. I'll remember it if i heard it but i'm certain it wasn't those two he was referring to. I think it was a safety from the 70's.

7. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Are there plans to move Smith to S eventually?

8. dwhorton

dwhorton New Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Albert Lewis was the name. i listen to Tim and Pat all the time

mdscpa, The Aqua Crush and padre31 like this.
  9. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    My next guess was going to be Donnie Shell.

10. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    everything depends on coaching
    the talent & raw material is there, the issue will be: can the coaching cadre equal the 2008 results?
    if they can, it will be another very competitive year for Miami. Could possibly go deeper into the post season this year, if everything fell just right.
    got to coach the team up & let them compete.
    Competition is the Elixir of Success!:up:

11. The Aqua Crush

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Yupp thats the guy, thanks dwhorton.

The way tim was talking with solomon, it's almost a certanty they drafted smith to play safety. I guess we'll see if that is in fact how they use him

12. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

He has also been compared to Mel Blunt because of his size.

13. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    all we have to do is do a brilliant job of coaching up the newbies in the backfield and all @ once we have a horse race. now that's what I call a good draft

14. Xeticus

Xeticus Junior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Reading the coverage this weekend it sounds like our Vontae Davis, Sean Smith and Chris Clemons are looking real good so far. Looks like our secondary is going to be top notch this year.

My main concern is if the front 7 can keep it's production up. If they can keep the pressure up we're in for a good year.

15. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    If our secondary steps up a bit, it will help the front 7 pick up some coverage sacks.

It's a win win for us to have addressed our woes in the secondary. I am very excited about the long term potential of our backfield.