1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tim Graham's Blog.

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by MonstBlitz, Oct 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    "Oh look everybody!

[​IMG]

Tim Graham wrote another blog about how Mark Sanchez is better than Chad Henne! What brilliant reporting!" :pity:

Tim Graham's blog. It sucks.

/end rant

2. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Question...do you think his blog sucks because you disagree with him?

3. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I don't understand why there needs to be a quarterly update on this imaginary "battle" between Henne and Sanchez. It's unnecessary and inaccurate. Sanchez has gotten lucky in regards to dropped INT's this season. Look at both their numbers and the only difference you see is the INT's. I'm not going to sit here and say Sanchez has the better team because that is bull****. Miami has good players just like NY. You want to know the real difference between these teams? The Jest have a very good offensive coordinator in Brian Schottenheimer, who understands the strengths of his QB and team. We do not have that in Miami.

SICK and MonstBlitz like this.
  4. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    No. I think his blog sucks because he made the debate about Henne vs. Sanchez an agenda. Throughout the entire offseason. Now throughout the regular season. And it shows no signs of slowing down. In my opinion, it's not professional. And what bothers me more is that I used to enjoy his blog. I really enjoyed it. It was one of the few things on ESPN I would read. Even when he wrote negative things about the Dolphins. Now it just seems to be shock value columns aimed at riling up fans of all AFC East teams to generate page hits. That might be his job, but I don't have to like it.

5. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    It's ESPN, that's all that needs to be said. ESPN sucks, I don't watch or read their crap.

6. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    This. Over and over again! ESPN is now known as BSPN since BS is pretty much what they specialize in nowadays. Hey, remember when they used to be good? :hi5:

7. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I still read his work, and understand why he is ginning up a Henne V Sanchez rivalry, look at it this way, 5 yrs from now Henne v Sanchez will be Marino v O'Brien, as Brady will be gone, and the Bills still may not have a Qb.

Though to be fair, Ryan Fitzpatrick is putting up some really good numbers and few people are noticing, not eve Graham, Fitzy is consistently over 225 yds and typically has 2 Td's per start, those are some darn good numbers on a 0-5 team.

What I don't care for is the balance on his blog, 60% jets, 15% pats, 15% dolphins, 10% Bills.

Come on man, I know there are legions of Jest fans, but throw the rest of us some better bones won't you?

siciliansith and MonstBlitz like this.
  8. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    His sole purpose on ESPN is to write news about AFC East teams. He's fully onboard with the Sanchez media lovefest and has been since the offseason. So it's no surprise that he's writing this. Henne will have to lead the Dolphins to a higher position than the Jets for this to stop. Or have stats that are undeniably better than Hot Dog's. Neither of those things are happening right now.

9. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I just went and actually read the article... or I mean started to read it. I noticed he is the one who wrote that Sanchez is generating MVP talk or something to that effect. It's obvious Tim is just trying to toot his own horn now. I retract my last post, this is definitely a garbage article.

MonstBlitz and azfinfanmang like this.
  10. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    That all 90% of the media is good for anymore. The problem is there is to much exposure and guys are clawing for a story. When there is no story make a story.

MonstBlitz and azfinfanmang like this.
  11. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I heard Graham was backstage with Sanchez at the Bieber concert, so I can understand why he's up his butt....... figuratively speaking of course. :shifty:

MonstBlitz likes this.
  12. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Been WELL over a decade.

Absolutely UNWATCHAREADABLE!!

Honestly, somebody savvy, with enough cash could/should come in and swoop the market out from under them.

13. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    Yeah because the Henne/Sanchez debate isn't alive and well at ThePhins either....

I'm just happy someone at ESPN knows the name of our QB.

MikeHoncho and steveincolorado like this.
  14. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    The fool still ignores that fact that Sanchez has the luxury of having the number 1 running attack of 2009 and so far the number 2 running attack this year. Their interior OL is by far better than what the Fins have.

15. ilovemyfins4eva

ilovemyfins4eva New Member

Oct 17, 2010
    long island
    tim graham is the worst blogger out their, and not bc of that article. he just seems so unprofessional as opposed to the other guys on espn blogs.

16. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned

Oct 11, 2010
    The media is nothing more than a great big bandwagon fan. They flip-flop more than John Kerry. Sanchez, at the moment, is the "star" QB. He's personable, young, comes from a Cali school, his coach is a loud mouth and his team is winning. It's not that Sanchez is really doing anything better than Henne, it's just that he's moer outspoken and so is his team. Henne is not a media attraction. He is not as "camera friendly". ESPN has become more of a Hollywood sports program than a true sports program.

17. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Well in their defense, numbers are overrated and hard to count.

MarinePhinFan likes this.
  18. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Mark Sanchez is completing 55% of his passes for 6.2 YPA. He is doing the bare minimum and the running game is doing the rest.

What he HAS been successful in doing is hitting on the big plays and getting in the endzone. His passes are practically trick plays at this point.

But that is all that the Jets need. So he has been doing exactly what was needed for that team and been mistake free. Henne has had to shoulder most of the offense as our running game has been inconsistent (and it seems to bog down in red zone). We also don't have big playmakers (as in quick-strike, long score guys). So Henne has to be nearly perfect.

It is like comparing Bess to DeSean Jackson - they are asked to do completely different things and both are doing them fairly well.

MikeHoncho likes this.