1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tight Ends, lets talk tight ends....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I like Eifert, but does he give you the blocking you need to make two tight end packages work?

2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Preaching to the choir. Heck that year at that position I had Jimmy Graham (3rd round), Dennis Pitta (4th round), Clay Harbor (4th round), Andrew Quarless (5th round), and Jeff Cumberland (UDFA) on my 6-man short list of tight ends (the "All Smiles" list)...and I'd take any of them right now to help out the position. Also had Dorin Dickerson (7th round) though. I guess that didn't work out. He took 100 snaps this year for Buffalo but I wouldn't say he played particularly well. Obviously I was missing Rob Gronkowski from the list but at least I noted back then that he was fully on the list from a talent standpoint I just was not in position to make heads or tails of his medical situation.

3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Anthony. And I liked him a lot too. He made the aforementioned All Smiles list at that position. Only had 5 tailbacks on it. Dixon was one of them.

Bpk likes this.
  4. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    He doesn't look like a great blocker to me now, but he looks better than Ertz or Escobar. He's a pretty well-built guy with a huge frame and room to get bigger and stronger. I would expect him to develop into a pretty legitimate blocker in the NFL.

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    When I wrote that, about it being perfect, I only meant with what we have to choose from..no way would Keller and EIfert be my perfect scenario if it was me, I would of resigned Fasano, because I think Fasano and Eifert would of been the right balance of skillsets to execute 12 personnel from a run and Pass perspective..

If their on a balanced line, lined up outside the tackles, then Eifert has enough to get by with Fasano on the other side, he's so athletic and fluid im sure he could excel in trappin and pulling out in the zone, but you don't want two fasanos when you want to pass out 12 personnel..This is where Eifert will flourish, and will still flourish no matter who is mate will be.

Eifert and Keller aren't the ideal combination running out of that formation, because Keller sucks as a blocker..Eifert is pretty good at this pont, but, Fasano and Eifert would of been sweet because Fasano was an underrated pass catcher, Eifert and Fasano would of been the equivilant of a receiver taking the top off a defense, and a good possession receiver uderneath, just within the hashes if you know what I Mean..Would of been a cool dynamic though, I'm a sucker for the run game, wanted to draft Lacy and go with that power spread hybrid package..simple philosophy of Wallace on the outside, taking that safety out so they can't drop that extra man, then draft the kind of back Lacy is, so he can pound people in space with his power and agility, I wanted that agressive bigger back that lacy is because there's nothing more bad *** then a power back with speed running in space...so from that simple spacing concept, A Wallace Lacy, give and take dynamic, with Eifert working all up in the hashes, short, intermediate, and deep, Hartline workin on the perimeter stuff and just playing with 2nd corners heads all day, Bess diggin and jerkin underneath , I think it is the perfect complimentary offense, so it is my draft strategy..I also think Tavon Austin can create the same advantage with Wallace in the power spread concept.

Whatta you think DPate, you think we're gonna be going with a more spread attack if we sign Keller?

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I agree with this, I've seen good stretches of good solid technique..I believe that most great athletes can learn how to block if their focus and demeanor Is there..their athleticism should be able to get their body into position that the technique requires.