1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiger Woods Apology - Video

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by BigDogsHunt, Feb 19, 2010.

1. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/02/19/tiger.woods/index.html?eref=rss_latest&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_latest+%28RSS%3A+Most+Recent%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

13min statement (not wearing wedding ring) I watched it live.....seemed plastic or "druggish" to me....almost scrared....

Personally, was never concerned with public apology, he doesnt owe me one - but if this is part of his rehab...good for him. My concern is more about his actions going forward, etc.....cant say this video really helps or hurts him for all the folks that will claim it was rehearsed or emotionless - reading a prepared statement. I personally feel "the presentation" was plastic or robot like, but not claiming "the message" is not sincere....for me, its more of how it comes off per my comments, and not specifically about the message itself.

His mom was there, but didnt see his wife.....not sure if that means anything. He spent 45 days in rehab, has briefly returned to discuss face-to-face with his family, business partners, etc and apparently he is heading back to "rehab" with no specific comment on whether he is ready to return to tour (for Masters (8 wks away) or any other tourney or Major) - this year at all - maybe...maybe not. Interesting I guess.

2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    :lol: he isn't sorry he is sorry for getting caught.

3. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    absolutely....thats reality.....

.....for me, he was un-faithful to his vows.....he didnt Break the legal law...he cheated on his marrage vows and spouse. It's a dispicable act for someone taking that vow...he chose to take.

My interest lies in his return to Golf....actions off the course are between he and his spouse for as long as he has a spouse.

I want him to play Golf and watch him play golf...thats it.

SICK, gunn34, FinNasty and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Despicable? You are quick to pass judgment. How do you know his wife didn't break her vows, you know for better or worse, in sickness and in health? Maybe she drove him to look for companionship he wasn't getting at home. Maybe a little excessive, but it is possible that his initial infidelities are the ones to have triggered the "condition" he now says he has, making him a repeat offender so to say with multiple x 5 women. :lol:

Just saying we will never know all the details...

5. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    it is despicable - I am not quick to pass judgement - its fact - he broke a sacred vow - if you take the vow seriously. This isnt a childish act of "if potentially" you did something bad, I get to do somethign bad nah-na-na-nah.....vows are Adult mature actions. Breaking the fidelity vow is wrong, Tiger did. Any speculation about other potential vow breaking is irrelevant.

6. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I thought it was very well done. It was a little scripted and rehearsed... but the guy isnt a trained public speaker. Just b/c it was read, doesnt make the words insincere.

dolphan117, Stitches and BigDogsHunt like this.
  7. PhiNomina

PhiNomina White-Collar Redneck

Dec 21, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    I just hate that the media "Brett Favre'd" this story into what it is. He is an ******* - so are most celebrities / professional athletes.

We didn't demand Jason Taylor have a press conference after Zach found him in a car cheating on his sister (there is no way to word that sentence to not sound like incest, BTW).

I like Jason Taylor because he plays football. I like Tiger Woods because he plays golf.

Now the media has blown into such a huge deal that he can't play golf because it would be a media circus - and we are robbed of a chance to see the greatest golfer of all time secure his place as the greatest golfer of all time.

That press conference made it sound like he was the Pope or had just murdered a swimming pool full of puppies. He cheated. It is his family's business - not mine.

Sethdaddy8, brandon27, alen1 and 2 others like this.
  8. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    I respect your opinion, and you seem to be a very black and white guy - not a bad thing. Unfortunately, the world has many shades of gray. Just personality differences between us is all. I also believe that everyone has a threshold and the part of your post that I bolded addresses that. Even the most reserve person could potentially reach that threshold and do something rash. That is part of human nature and I accept people's fault, whether right or wrong and try to look beyond them.

You know the saying, "let he who has not sinned cast the first stone" or something like that. :up:

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  9. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I am all for shades of gray, but starting an opposing view side of the discussion with a "well, perhaps Elin cheated first...." loses all steam for any grayishness.

I respect where you are coming from in general though.:hi5:

Tone_E likes this.
  10. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Yeah, we're on the same page really. But, I never insinuated that Erin cheated first....just maybe forced the issue in other ways....neglect, verbal abuse, etc.

:hi5:

11. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I personally didn't like the speech. You could tell it was rehearsed. He looked directly at the camera for stuff he was supposed to look at the camera for. It did seem all too fake.

Saying that...I still don't even think he "HAD" to do it. This is a personl matter between him and his family.

It's the media who built Tiger up to be bigger then the Pope. Now they are all embarrased because they put all their eggs in the wrong basket.

12. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Your statement was....
    Ok, if not first, you are using it to claim Tiger's "factual" infidelity aren't despicable when it comes to the VOWS-only based on a tit for tat...if not first, you are at minimum attempting to justify that Tiger did it first, but rather speculating that Elin was cheating after his infidelity, thus its all good.

Any way you slice it, its a slippery and un-winnable argument over the sanctity of the vows -again, if you chose to accept and buy-in to the vow to begin with.

Tone_E likes this.
  13. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    In sickness and in health was me just throwing a vow out there, but what does that truly mean? To treat with love and respect during good times and bad is how I interpret it. You also fail to to quote my next sentence, bolded above. Never did I try to justify Tiger's actions based on the fact that Erin cheated first. But, it really is a cats game argument. :yes:

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  14. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Fair enough, but why question or debate if Tiger's actions were dispicable specific to fidelity??

15. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Well, I guess at the end of the day, I agree that what he did was wrong. I also try to rationalize as to why it happened. Maybe problems at home were the cause - my hypothetical debate. Maybe Tiger really is a bad person. I really have no opinion, I just like to always see both sides of the story.

What if Erin was being a total b#$^h to Tiger, and Tiger cheated on her. He never said anything publicly about Erin. That means that either he really is a despicable cheater, or he has enough class to let the world empathize with Erin and be seen as the victim while he keeps the way she's been mistreating him private.

Either way, what he did was wrong but Tiger and Erin are adults. I just hope the kids come through this ok, especially with all the media attention.

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  16. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Tiger Woods: "Ladies and Gentlemen...I have been slingin' my dick like a pimp ...*****es!" "good bye..see ya mother****ers at the Masters."

That should have been his prepared statement.

17. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    His ego plain and simple.

18. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    im not big on casting stones. its ridiculous he has to make a public apology. he owes his wife and kids an apology, assuming there are no extenuating circumstances. his wife however, was "extremely well known" on the pro- golfers circuit, if you catch my drift. so who the hell knows whats going on there. i dont. nor do i know what it is to be a sex-a-holic, or a thirty year old billionaire.

the media is a joke, go report on the banks that are screwing us. go break open a huge insurance fraud conspiracy. leave an athlete's domestic issues alone. the media makes me sick. they help encourage the ***-backward priority we put on news and worth with crap like this.

19. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    Ya know what, BD? As far as i'm concerned, this "apology" holds about as much water as a sieve. It is bad enough that someone cheats on their spouse but with a bakers dozen?? I have little tolerance for cheaters, men or women but he even said it himself, he thought he was above it all. he's not sorry he cheated but just that Elin found out.

Anyway, with that said, he should go back to golf, let it carry him where it may but he should lose every corporate endorsment he has. With that said, Elin should file for divorce and i could not feel sorry for him if she got everything he has. I have little patience or tolerance for dishonesty in any form, but that's just me.

BigDogsHunt likes this.