1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts from the Choir Loft

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RevRick, Nov 8, 2009.

1. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Point of personal privilege: I am NOT a football guru. I cannot hold a candle to Boomer, KB, CK, or the others who I see posting on this forum..
    But, I AM an intense fan. And I see a number things that bother me.

One: We desperately need a #1 Receiver. No big surprise there. No need to Yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah. It has been discussed ad infinitum, and confirmed ad nauseum today!!!!!

Two: I doubt JT and JP are on the field, if even on the team, next year. JP did nothing today except deflect a Brady pass and draw a lot of commentary from the broadcasting team. And, as much as I hate to say it, JT is getting stonewalled, directed, and delayed. He has slowed down. He probably has some big plays left, but the consistency of pressure on the offense is no longer a major part of his game. Therefore, the team will need a pass rush. So aside from the glaring need for a WR, we need pass rushing DE - OLB badly.

Three: Our inside LB play seems to be best described as anemic, with moments of absolute patheticism alleviated with periods of blatant ennui! Enough!! Find a linebacker or two who have fire in the belly instead of a flaming mouth and a penchant for good quotes. We need to have LB who make their statements on the opponents side of the line of scrimmage with their shoulders.

Four: On the Good side, if Davis, Smith& Co. can maintain their association, and add a very good Safety to work along side Bell, the secondary could become a very deep strength of the team.

Five: I hope those calling the plays can remember that a running team is supposed to run the ball - consistently. In the Fourth Quarter, we had some running room, and opportunities, and mysteriously wasted them. That time cried for running and play action. Ronnie was just beginning to show he could cut deeply into the Defense of the Patriots, and we couldn't seem to put a drive together with the play calling. And just what in the name of the wide, wide world of pluperfect purgatory led to that call of a lateral to Henne. Anyone who saw him move back to the middle of the field and behind the line is going to be aiming at him if they have the sense to pound sand. Bad play calling in the Fourth Quarter, as opposed to great plays in the third. What gives????
    ????: ThePHINS.com - Miami Dolphins Forums http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?p=906732

Six: The team played hard today, and I am not as incensed as I usually am when the Patriots win anything other than consolation prize at an Eskimo Beauty Contest. The team is looking better than any time in the past half decade, but I am afraid we ain't quite there yet. But, it coming.

The G Man likes this.
  2. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Henning needs to go, he tries to get to cute when he doesnt need to be.

3. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    JT can still make plays he just needs to see his time on the field reduced some so he doesn't wear out. He's made plays this season. A lot more than Porter. Porter might not be in Miami next season. JT has a good shot because he plays for cheap. They need to utilize him better IMO. He needs to be rushing from the weak side.

4. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia

Henning needs to field a quality NFL offensive unit to be able to be successful in standard formations. Everyone on here knows that.

We would be lucky to win 3 games all year lining up in standard formations with the WRs we have. Henning HAS to resort to trickery and unusual formations for us to even have a prayer to win on any given week.

5. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    The interior D needs to be addressed too. Beyond Starks, no one is getting pressure inside. We're really missing Vonnie Holliday in passing situations. I've seen almost every QB we've faced this year step up into the pocket when JT or JP are getting outside pressure. There's a reason guys like Jared Allen dominate, he's got great interior guys working to keep the QB deep in the pocket.