1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this team has never made me this happy

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vinny Fins, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    I was too damn young to fully appreciate Marino. It was like glimpses of greatness. ZT and JT are legend to me, but by the time I LEARNED TO GET FOOTBALL, 13 was gone.

I've never (other than 07) had a Phins team that gave me GENUINE hope, played with an edge on both sides, and projected competence and intensity throughout.

It's been 8 quarters, but Coach Campbell has given me more hope than 4 years of the previous coach.

I'm genuinely excited and can't wait to see where this goes.

2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I'm going to refrain from this super excited rhetoric until I see them play on Thursday. I don't need to see them win to get real excited, I just need to show that they can go into an almost impossible situation (short week, traveling to Foxboro where New England has lost 4(?) division games at home in the last decade-plus) and play well and play on both offense and defense to our expectations.

To me, that's the difference between this team the last two weeks and previous seasons - really good teams don't alternate weeks where they play good defense and good offense, they can do it consistently

Tin Indian, Canad-phin and jazz like this.
  3. Vinny Fins

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Agree completely and utterly.

But if we win I may not be able to contain myself.

4. SuhMe

SuhMe Banned

Mar 13, 2015
    Shows what a difference a real football coach can have on a very talented and under rated roster. Most folks still don't understand just how loaded and dangerous this team really is, Thursday should change that. We finally have a true franchise QB and I knew it the moment TB selected Mark Barron lol.

the 23rd likes this.
  5. DolPhinPhan7

DolPhinPhan7 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Don't know. The happiest I've been in the Tannehill era was that 2013 December win against the Patriots.

Then they go and lose two in a row to miss the playoffs. FML as a Dolphins fan.

6. Coloradotrv

Coloradotrv Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    They win in Foxboro and Dan Campbell might get that interim tag removed.

Vinny Fins and dolphin25 like this.
  7. DolPhinPhan7

Apr 26, 2012
    Slow that roll, lets perhaps get a winning season first.

8. Coloradotrv

Coloradotrv Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    hence the "might"

The fans and the team have bought in to Campbell. A win at Foxboro is not only good for us in the standings, but its symbolic. AFCE opponents simply don't win in Foxboro.

dolphin25 and number21 like this.
  9. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    A winning season based on the final twelve games you mean. The 1-3 record does not count against him. If hegoes 8-4 and we miss the playoffs at 9-7 he still deserves the interim tag removed and get at least three more seasons.

Vinny Fins and dolphin25 like this.
  10. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I'm pretty sure he cant. The Dolphins would have to wait until the end of the season and go through the interview processes to satisfy the rooney rule... even if he already "has the job"

Tin Indian likes this.
  11. DolPhinPhan7

Apr 26, 2012
    Fine. But that happens at the end of the season. Any move to give him the permanent job before January even February is completely reactionary based on two blowout wins against teams they should have beaten anyway.

12. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Good to see you Vinny! How you been?

13. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

reading comprehension....

"They win in Foxboro and Dan Campbell might get that interim tag removed."

He said IF they win in Foxboro.

14. DolPhinPhan7

Apr 26, 2012
    Well it's news that players want the tag removed now.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...r-lives-want-dan-campbell-as-permanent-coach/

I remember after Sparano get axed after that 0-7 start to the 2011 season, Todd Bowles (I wonder what he's doing now?) did a very good job with Matt Moore to end the season 6-3. Should Bowles have been given the permanent job then? I guess in hindsight perhaps he should have.

dolphin25 likes this.
  15. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    cant tag campbell until after the season, we need to satisfy the rooney rule.

16. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Obviously, there are administrative issues, but in practicality a win in Foxboro Thursday, depending on how the balance of the season finished, would go a long ways towards making the interview process at the end of the season a formality.

17. Mrtree

Mrtree Juan Huron's agent

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    They win this Thursday and I agree. You can discount the first two somewhat. Against the Pats on a short week in their house on national TV? Not so much.

That said this game is the toughest on our schedule and is as close to a scheduled loss as you get in the NFL

18. caliphinfan

caliphinfan Active Member

May 14, 2012
    I agree. A win on Thursday and he should be the coach moving forward.

19. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    A win on Thursday and I'm nominating him for coach of the year. That's a tall order like it or not.

dolphin25 likes this.
  20. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Confidence is at an all time high right now! A win thursday only breaks the meter!

21. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Winning in foxboro is as tough an order as you can get. I have loved the way they have played the last two weeks and the wins even more, but those were two bad teams from a bad division. This week is the team that has owned the division for the last 15 or so years and it is going to take more than getting guys motivated and buying in to do it. Campbell and his staff are going to have to really game plan and X and O to get a win this week.

I don't expect a win as much as I want one, but I do expect them to come out and play real football like they have the last two weeks. If they come out and lose a close game I will be disappointed but I can accept it. If they come out and look like they did the first 4 weeks I will be pissed! I don't think that what will happen with Campbell but I'm just sayin'.

Agua likes this.
  22. seekerone

seekerone Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Yeah. But don't X and O yourself to death. And if you devise what you think is the prefect game plan, don;t be so rigid to stick to it even when you see the first couple signs it might not be working. Have to change things up constantly on the Bill and Brady show.

Pandarilla and PhinFan1968 like this.
  23. Mrtree

Mrtree Juan Huron's agent

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I will say this.

The teams that have beat the Patriots in the last decade are teams that played physical and came in and punched them in the mouth without fear.

24. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    At Foxboro with national coverage night games we've seen it before, and lived it before.
    They clearly prepare for them, and try to make dominating examples on these occasions. They come out fast and furious, attempt to overwhelm early, then pile on points. They would love nothing more than to knock the wind out of the sails of a growing divisional beast, just as its getting its legs under it.
    This team is running rich on emotion, and with hotter spark plugs. It will be interesting to see how it performs under adversity, and responds to shifts in momentum. Campbell and RT may have to keep heads cool, and players exercising more disciplined play, as Belichick will likely seek to exploit that.

Agua likes this.
  25. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Me too when I started following Miami like 96 I think Marino was on the back end and fading fast.

26. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    This 110%. All we've seen is the team going at 7500 rpm. If they can keep THAT up...heh... no prob. But how they respond when they get behind - that will tell us a lot about Campbell. Sparano would be a good model for Campbell to follow with regard to grinding and tenacity.

27. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This the most I have believed in this team in a long time, was not buying into the beginning of the season at all. Now, I see a totally different team. And yes they beat two not good teams, BUT they also lost 2 games to bad teams.

Finster likes this.
  28. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    I saw a stat that Brady is 8-0 in his Thursday night games. Really wished we could've had a full week to prepare, but such is life.

29. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Just another record to be broken.

Agua likes this.
  30. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    It's hard to believe when you have Philbin leading things... some people thought he loosened up because he wore a white tux and a top hat and pranced around a stage... clowning around didn't change my perception of him that he was a very limited and flawed head coach that didn't deserve one of the 32 jobs in the NFL..

31. Finster

Finster Finsterious Finologist

Jul 27, 2013
    I thought he looked like an @ss personally, and I didn't think that was going to raise respect for him in any way, it was a dog and pony show.

Vertical Limit likes this.
  32. ripper1961

ripper1961 Active Member

Jan 13, 2014
    I pretty much saw most of the games in Marino's career.I still blame him for my baldness. It didn't matter how many scores they were down there was always hope of a comeback.Anyway this team has a lot of excitement surrounding it. Hope they can go to NE and put an old fashioned butt whipping on them!

Agua likes this.
  33. Vinny Fins

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Well, brotha.

Marathon training is done. Sunday is race day, So I'm glad we ain't playing.

Pandarilla likes this.