1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this should amaze you‏ only in America

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by calphin, Jun 15, 2008.

1. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    It's absolutely rediculous, as an electrician for a University, I am exposed to flourescent bulbs every day and we have to follow the strict EPA regulations for sidposal and cleanup of broken bulbs. The last thing I want are those damn bulbs in my house due to the fact that they require so much effort to dispose of. I have also heard that the life of the bulbs is really no better than the incandescent bulbs.

As far as them being made in China, when as a nation will we stand up and say no more? Some ******* is getting a huge kickback by selling us all out for crap like this. We are dependant on other countries more and more every year and it will be the downfall of our country if something isn't done about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2008
    DOLPHAN1, opfinistic and calphin like this.
  3. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    Nice find bro.

calphin likes this.
  4. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Scary to me that our government want to control every thing we do. First seat belts, now their into obesity, smoking etc. etc. Pretty soon we'll have no personal rights. Whether their right or wrong, it should be our right to choose. I love my country, don't get me wrong, but I think we, as Americans, should stand up like we used to and use the government as it's supposed to be. It's OUR government, not the other way around. Isn't it supposed to be a government FOR the people BY the people?

5. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    utterly and completely ridiculous. but i have already seen bumper stickers that say;

i am pro choice... on lightbulbs.

subtle but effective.

calphin likes this.
  6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Anyone see the movie "Demolition man" with sylvester stallone.....the city in the future has banned everything that is "bad" for them including meat, kissing, sex, alcohol, salt, toliet paper, and physical contact.....this country is headed in that direction, where freedom is not only NOT free......but it isnt really freedom at all anymore.....what a joke

7. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

a few years ago I bought a case of 50 of those bulbs, for work and home, and they are absolutely no better than the incandescent bulbs. The damn things flicker and after awhile give off a yellow tint. They also get black spots, and look absolutely ridiculous in the ceiling fans, or nice table lamps, etc... I also cannot tell any difference in my electricity bill. Of course part of the problem could be that the three kids don't know how to turn anything off:tantrum: As for the bulbs being made in China, I think we've already lost enough jobs to foreign countries, from our automobiles to our light bulbs, what's next, Chinese toilet paper?:sad:

dolphindebby and Georgia Fin like this.
  8. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Lets see, a higher cost for the same lifespan, no change in your power bill, more trouble to dispose of, and no US labor involved. Sounds like one hell of a kickback for selling out the American public.:no:

jason8er likes this.
  9. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

I was waiying for him to accidently drop and break the bulb. :lol:

10. miami#1

miami#1 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    springfield, missouri
    poe for pres. 2012

11. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    That's been my rant for a long time. Once they sold the public on the "it's for your safety" and "it could raise your insurance rates" arguments to pass the seat belt laws that opened the door to restrict almost anything. Those arguments can be applied to skydiving, eating red meat or whatever. I have a hard time with the idea that someone else has the right to decide what's best for me.

12. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Amen to that. They just subtly sneak in a law here and there and we, as Americans, accept it. It's all propaganda to keep us in our place imo.
    And about the light bulbs. GA Power gave us one. It doesn't seem any better, brighter of more usful than my old bulbs. Plus, I can't afford them any way, so I'll just stick to the old "tried and true".
    Let me say again. I love this country. I honor our military and any one who has fought for our safety.

13. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Ever wondered why your toilet doesn't have more pressure when you flush? That is regulated as well.

14. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I am looking forward to LEDs

15. TrueDolFan

TrueDolFan Minion of Satan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    This is what happens when the left-wing loonies get some power, they want to control everything that you do, because THEY know better than YOU how you should live! The liberals are out of control in our society today.

Ted Poe is the type of politician that makes me proud to be a conservative Republican.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
    calphin likes this.
  16. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    I don't think you can blame any one side. Both sides try to force their views on society, it's just if you happen to agree with it or not that you get upset.