1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Really Is Better than a Regular Off-Season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Da 'Fins, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    From a fan's perspective. The nice thing was, I was able to just ignore the whole football thing (nothing worse than hearing talking heads on the mothership discuss who was dissing who in the talks). But, now that it's here, this is so much more of an exciting time of year than it would otherwise be.

At this point all the rosters would be in place. Most fans are generally so hungry for football they/we drool at every camp report. And it would be a slow grind of the typical camp; wondering each day who would be competing with whom at what position; getting all the "spam" of "this young kid looks great" and having to hear all the changes in the starting lineup along the offensive line (which I'm sure we'll hear about soon enough) - as Sparano tries to outthink himself three times over.

But, with all the craziness of rookie contracts; free agent signings; trades; UDFA signings; CAP cuts by various teams ... This will be a great 3-4 weeks leading up to the regular season. Much more intriguing than usual. So, from that perspective it really adds a lot more exciement and interest than a typical year.

Maybe they should just do this schedule (not the bargaining part) every year! :lol: Have no free agency at the end of the season. Just the draft. Then close the league down the day after the draft. No signings or free agency until say mid July - give them a couple of extra weeks ... (Kidding, just kidding, move along ...).

Only bad thing is that it looks like there will be no Hard Knocks. But, the rest is very intriguing.

DOLPHAN1, Pandarilla and padre31 like this.
  2. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    With the loss of a full season of shows, and the changes to how training camp operates, I wouldn't shocked if HBO outright cancels Hard Knocks. We'll see, but I just don't think there will be enough content with so little practice time in camp.

3. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    I think they already did cancel it, I'm sure I saw it on Twitter.

4. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Yeah man, I heard about that yesterday. Sorry. And what's worse is they were apparently in contention for the division before the skid?

Do you guys still have ichiro?

5. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    he is having his worst season ever.

I find it surprising that the Mariners never had a 15 game losing streak.