1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This my friends was a heart breaker and team demoralizer.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dorfdad, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Last week sucked, but I got over it pretty quickly because we played so piss poor at some many opportunistic times. This week the entire team was phenomenal minus someone I wont mention anymore.. Ryan had his best game and probably the best game he will all year, Wake had a monster game and the Defense put up a massive front for almost an entire 4 qtr's on the road against an unbeaten team.

This one hurts.. This was the kind of game that changes careers, makes everyone start believing this team is real and boosting the confidence of everyone on the team. Chemistry builder / Team builder but again we just could't do it.

I understand this was a hard fought battle, but now the players and teams are saying today we did the best we have done ever and STILL couldn't get it done. We chocked AGAIN and for the second week in a row a dagger was thrust into the players / coaches and fans hearts....

This my friends was a heart breaker not that crap game last week.. Im seriously down right now.. Even with all the positives im about to slam my head in the door...

Trowa likes this.
  2. Harmalama

Harmalama Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    England
    Man, I'm pissed that we lost this game, but you cannot fault the monster effort given by nearly everyone today. I'm actually much more positive about the team and the future of the team than I was after last week. Sort out the secondary and get another wideout to compliment bess and hartline and things we are well on the way to competing with the better teams.

Kudos's to Ryan, Brian and Cam

pacadermng67 likes this.
  3. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    I'm just glad we got our win out of the way this year.

dolfan32323 and Dorfdad like this.
  4. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Not saying there were not epic efforts in there but the fact of the matter is we had player outperform themselves career and record setting days on both sides of the ball and STILL managed to lose. This is why it hurts.. This was a game we should have won. We earned it but choked.. I had a feeling with about 8:00 mins left that we would somehow let them score and tie it up and lose in overtime. I hate that as a Dolphins fan I cant accept that something good might happen. It seems the **** always rolls down to Miami...

5. Jimmy James

Jimmy James Ron Swanson

Dec 11, 2007
    If this team gives up after what has happened, they weren't worth our devotion. It's so frustrating the team is 1-3, but they're 5 minutes of better play away from 4-0. If Philbin is the coach he supposedly is, this team builds from here instead of collapsing.

DOLPHAN1, Ophinerated and Dorfdad like this.
  6. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    SO glad we have Nanee, where ever would we be.

7. BayAreaFinFan

BayAreaFinFan D'oh Club Member

Jul 20, 2010
    San Francisco
    I don't think it was a team demoralizer. If anything I think the team believes Tannehill is capable of winning games for this team.

GreysonWinfield and WhiteIbanez like this.
  8. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I don't see this team giving up. There are a lot of players on this team who are free agents after this season. They are playing for their paychecks beyond this season. I also don't see players like Bush, Wake, Dansby, and even Tanneyhill letting these players get down in the dumps. Yes today and last week were hard losses to take. There are still 12 games to go and the Dolphins are still only one game out of first place in the AFC East.

Honestly I don't see them making the playoffs this season, but I still expect them to continue to improve as the season goes along. Perhaps they will surprise me and actually end up with a winning record before the season is over. I can omly hope.

9. jboogie

jboogie The sky is NOT falling!

Tough loss but, to me this game proved we have a better team than we did last year. We are in a really good spot cap/draft wise to have a hell of a team very soon.

10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    A loss is a loss, but to me unlike the Wanny/Sparano eras, I thought our offense can do more things then hope the D holds up.

It is a higher octane version of football that we have not seen in Miami since Shula packed it in.

Califin and GreysonWinfield like this.
  11. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    In the short run this loss is going to hurt like hell. In the long run I see valuable lessons (hopefully) being learned, and most importantly of all, confidence gained in the passing game.

When your rookie QB comes two yards away from breaking the single game yardage mark for a rookie QB, putting his name up there with the likes of Cam Newton...players take notice. They're feeling like **** right now and they don't want hear it. Let those feelings of frustration settle out and you'll see some rewards for what they established with Tannehill and the passing game.

12. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    CK, don't take this the wrong way, but after 4 games, Tannehill or Luck for the next 10
    years?

I'm seeing control of the offense and poise out of Tanny that I haven't seen on this team in decades

13. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Can the answer be Tannehill and Luck?

14. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    It's actually a legitimate argument now I think.

15. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Bump.. Want some gurus like Dpate and Ck to weigh in

16. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Oh wait until next week.

We're going to lose when we have an open WR drop a game winning touchdown because a bird swoops down and interferes. Its really the only way left we haven't lost. That or a falling satellite.

Agua likes this.
  17. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Whatever, the Orioles are in the playoffs! :hi5:

I look at this game as an effort to build on. A great stepping stone for Tannehill. They played well vs a very good defense, the Cards DL is stout (recalling all those naysayers about Campbell). Still some odd play calls, especially at the end that I did not like. Watching the Giants game tonight and again, some horrible play calling at the end, so maybe its just a league wide bug going on.

The defense. Were these guys watching the Cards defensive tape and decided to bring their game to match-up? They were actually hitting people plus using form tackling and wrapping up! We need more of that. But again, giving up the tying TD late. :pity:

It was a fun game, really one we could have, and maybe should have won, but its okay...because the Orioles are in the playoffs.

18. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    These last 2 games stung like a mofo. I haven't been so pissed about a couple of losses in years. But its because we can compete. Because we could be good. We need to learn how to score and to win.

19. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    As long as Ryan Tannehill keeps showing poise and improves week to week I don't really care about wins and losses this season. We aren't far at all from being a really really good team. An offensive weapon at WR plus a couple secondary upgrades and we're an entirely different team.

We need Ryan to mature more than anything else, and he's done a very nice job so far IMO.

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  20. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    It hurts because we were so domanant, we are so damn close to being at the top of this division.
    I think we can come away with a win next week, I think we will play pissed.

21. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

I disagree here. this is the game we were supposed to lose and yet we were how close to winning? we dominated in some areas that we were not supposed to. our secondary was better than I expected, I really thought they were gonna just make us look bad back there but that was just not the case. granted they were not good but not horrible under the circumstances. this team fought like hell in all aspects and did well in my opinion, we were supposed to lose this one and almost stole it from a cocky over hyped team. now we should have beaten the Jets and that to me hurt more, we gave that game to them, they did not take it...