1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*****This IS the Week 4 official Gameday Thread*****

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SICK, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Well if he went for a slide instead of running like a runningback maybe he wouldn't have fumbled.. the stupid interception in the half was ridiculous. Tannehill definitely left points on the field with his stupid turnovers. And Sherman is responsible for 4 points. 3 stupid, unprofessional mistakes is what lead to the blowout. Meanwhile our defense with no takeaways..

2. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    He sucked tonight.

3. NolePhin15

NolePhin15 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    Really? Coming into this season everybody on this board said this team needs to go atleast 1-4 in the first 5 games to make the playoffs. Now we will be at worst 3-2 and all of a sudden everything is "unraveling"? This board is insane.

cuchulainn and SICK like this.
  4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Steve young says he could tell from pregame we weren't ready..deer caught in head lights.

Don't agree with that.

Kingtut561 likes this.
  5. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    We open with 2nd and 2. Tben we have 3rd and inches we lose 3 yds. Need to fix that. Sherman was terriible today. Carrol is so scared he can't cover in the flat. Philbin better rethink practice bec our offense seemed very bad against a weak Saints d.

6. Patssuck

Patssuck Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    M.I.A
    Great reply

Can I start the " Tannehill sucks" Thread this week? It is bound to happen.

7. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    We faced a HOF QB playing at his best, playing I thier element.

4 turnovers. All these gods damned sacks allowed. We're lucky we didn't give up 40 or. 50 points.

RT needs more help. From the line, from his Wrs, from the coaches...

This is the type of game, where the best D in the league can absolutely get a 40 burger dropped on them. The best defense is now a good offense. That's why we only scored 17 tonight.

Deer In the headlights tonight. Take our medicine. Get over it. I fully expect to win next week. The toughest game on our schedule is behind us.

SICK and phinnhedd like this.
  8. Serpico Jones

Feb 1, 2012
    It was just one game but he laid an egg tonight.

9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    At this point he's a liability when he drops..I like some of the things he does, but he holds the ball like a loaf a bread, on pace to break records for sacks and fumbles.

10. Patssuck

Dec 2, 2012
    M.I.A
    Steven Young as an asshat

11. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Yeah, that call really pissed me off. Terrible call. Dive or QB sneak, easy first and if we punch it in it's much better. Ugh. Cannot beat the Saints w/ field goals.

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  12. Patssuck

Dec 2, 2012
    M.I.A
    How many fumbles does he have?

13. PhillyPhin

PhillyPhin Banned

Sep 30, 2013

[TABLE="class: wikitable"]
    [TR]
    [TD]2012-
    [/TD]
    [TD]282[/TD]
    [TD]58.3%
    [/TD]
    [TD]3294[/TD]
    [TD]6.8[/TD]
    [TD]12int
    [/TD]
    [TD]13td
    [/TD]
    [TD]49rush
    [/TD]
    [TD]211yds
    [/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]35sck
    [/TD]
    [TD]234
    [/TD]
    [TD]yds lost 9fum
    [/TD]
    [TD]4 lost 2013- 63% 5td 5int 6 fum 23 scks.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    You are right, his comp % has gone up, so he is improving. I am encouraged now, we might have something special, maybe the new Phillip Rivers, they even look a like. I'd be happy if he turned out to Phillip Rivers, or even if he turns into Jake Locker, i think he has the potential to be Rivers or at worst Lockert

14. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    I still want to know how this game hurts us more than a 60 million dollar WR who runs bad routes, can't come back to help his QB and drops a deep pass against his best friend.
    Tannehill put that football between the 11. That ball was dead on.

15. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Give me examples outside of the 1 INT that was on him and the 1 throw he made to Mike Wallace that was behind him. Is it Ryan's fault that Mike Wallace stopped his route that resulted in 1 INT? Is it his fault that Incognito got beat on a stunt that caused his arm to get hit on the 3rd INT? The fumble was on him.

Ryan still completed 63% of his passes tonight and averaged 7.1 yards per reception.

I'm curious. If Mike Wallace catches that pass down the right side line and gains 35 yards on the play, would Ryan have still sucked? When you take away the INTs, Ryan had 10 passes that hit the ground all night long out of 35 attempts. At least two of them were because of drops made by Mike Wallace.

cuchulainn, SICK and PhinsRDbest like this.
  16. WhiteIbanez

Aug 10, 2012
    Exactly. Sherman decides to feature DT on third and inches. I had the same mindset. You wont win kicking FG's.
    Horrible call.

17. Serpico Jones

Feb 1, 2012
    I don't want to hear or read any god damn excuses. He turned the ball over 4 times, bottom line.

18. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    7 I believe

19. WhiteIbanez

Aug 10, 2012
    I miss Reggie Bush.

20. NolePhin15

NolePhin15 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    At this point he'd have to regress to be as good as Jake Locker. And I'd be more than happy if he becomes as good as Phillip Rivers.

21. 77FinFan

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Curious, do we think that 1st INT thrown at Hartline was on Tanny or Brian? Overall, guys did not step up and make plays on offense in particular. Many balls were dropped that have to be catches if you are going to be a good team.

cuchulainn likes this.
  22. Arodgers12

Arodgers12 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    I thought the Phins looked good in the first half but the second half the Saints came out fired up. The Dolphins moved the ball well but a few turnovers killed some key drives.

Mcduffie81 likes this.
  23. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Damn that's a lot of excusing. You're telling everyone to ignore all stats but the stats you want lol.

You have Tanny making the ill advised throw to Hartline, that's one. There is a fumble. And then the pass at the end where it was tipped by the guy kicking our lineman's arse. That's on Tanny too. It wasn't on his blindside.

24. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Tanny. As good as Hartline runs his routes you have to think he ran the right route. Tanny must not have seen the guy behind him. It is possible Hartline could have broken it up and maybe should have, but that ball shouldn't have been thrown.

25. WhiteIbanez

Aug 10, 2012
    You going to ***** about that. What about third and inches?
    Sherman made some questionable calls in this game.

26. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    RT had a rough night. But at his worst, at least he isn't laughable like Sanchez or Broadway Geno. I think he tried to force things playing from WAY behind. And also had some lousy tips/breaks. Being sacked 4.5 times a game doesn't help either.

But gods, he is the reason I am hopeful we make the playoffs this season! I think this big, NOLA, Monday night stage got to us as a team. But I think we bounce back. I think RT has the mental fortitude to go back to work tomorrow and tcb.

27. WhiteIbanez

Aug 10, 2012
    It was a loss to a real good NFC team. Erase it from your memory and move on.
    Plenty of more football to be played. We just aren't there yet.
    We can be.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  28. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Who is bi**hing? I was answering a question. I don't blame the loss all on Tanny. He made a lot of turnovers and is a major contributor to the loss, yes. I have Miller on my fantasy team. You don't think I'm mad we pull him after he ran all over the Saints D and put in Daniel Thomas, a pick I never liked and like even less now than on draft day?

29. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    He didn't say Tannehill sucks. He said he sucked tonight. More specifically, he sucked in the second half. When he was repeatedly pressured, he went to pieces on some plays. As in wild throws nowhere near the receiver. He looked shell shocked that nothing was working and he was getting sacked and picked off. It got into his head.

Tannehill has the makings of a very good, if not a great quarterback. This game will teach him something about mental toughness, because now he's seen the worst possible scenario. It can only be up from here.

Having said that, he cannot possibly succeed with this offensive line. Martin sucks and will always suck; that is plain to me. Cogs is just OK. Pouncey is a keeper; still young, and I don't think we've seen his potential. Jerry is, has been, and always will be a freshly plopped, steaming cow pie. Clabo is not quite Columbo, but at best he's marginal.

Ireland has once again failed to address the offensive line. Using high picks to draft rookie linemen is not the immediate answer, because linemen take time to develop, with exceptions like Pouncey. He has to obtain stud linemen by overpaying for them in free agency. Not a pretty picture.

Wallace is not earning his money. That didn't help Tannehill. But he can't throw to Wallace on a deep go route even if Wallace was catching the ball, because he has no time. Enough said.

30. Patssuck

Dec 2, 2012
    M.I.A

Last throw was not on him.

31. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Dang, I'm not defending Thomas, who to me is a nothing back, but you saw that play develop, if you want to call it that. It took forever and no one got any push at all. Thomas was hit way behind the line of scrimmage. It was a horrible play call in that situation. Sherman should know that this line is not quick, crisp and powerful, so that the play would develop agonizingly slowly and create no holes because the Saints arrived first at the point of attack.. In the end, they could have run Jimmy Brown or Larry Csonka behind that line and he would have been tackled for a loss.

Stitches and MikeHoncho like this.
  32. 77FinFan

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Near the end of the 3rd quarter I think it was Clay who caught a ball on the near sideline and then stepped out of bounds, no defender touched him. The clock kept running. Shouldn't the clock have stopped? Just seemed like nothing went our way. Sigh. I felt like our D linemen got held a number of times as well.

jdang307 likes this.
  33. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    That stretch play on 3rd and a pube and Tannehills late 1st half INT killed us.

This game sucked. But, we needed it. We werent going to be 18-0 guys. This was a nice can of whoop *** against an almost meaningless NFC team. We were without Wake and Patterson. I didnt see much from Jordan (Shelby had nice pressure as did Vernon). Our DBs stunk it up (albeit against Brees, that happens)....Taylor got thrown into the fire, which means he can only go up from here.

We are a young team, our toughest game is behind us, lets see how this team responds. Hopefully they come out swinging against the Ravens and go into the much needed bye 4-1. That would be massive, would make us forget last night quickly!

ToddPhin likes this.
  34. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Even if we had played our best, we were unlikely to win last night. Coaching and turnovers turned it into a blowout.

We aren't on the level of the Saints/Broncos/Seahawks and maybe the Patriots. That's where we want to be but it will take additional talent and a leap by Tanny, who was not good last night at all, though he got betrayed by the line, Walalce and coaching.

Sherman was the absolute goat last night. Beyond the 3rd and inches play that has been discussed ad nausem did we ever run the Pistol or Read Option in the 2nd half after it worked to absolute perfection in the 1st?

35. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I did. It was a horrible play call, ran by a back that had no ability to escape it. Miller has enough moves he MIGHT have gotten out of it, maybe not. Promising drive against the Saints ruined by a bad call and set the tone for the night.

11 carries by Miller, when I probably needed 2-3 more to win my fantasy game, with Sproles losing that fumble at the goal line and the Clay garbage time TD causing me two lose two games in two leagues.

Yeah I'm bitter. The INT's by Tannehill killed me as well. The sack before the INT with Miller FREE on the right side looking for a pass was a stinger. Even my wife who knows nothing about football, "awwww your guy was over there by himself."

Lol last night sucked! 0-3! Two leagues and the Dolphins.

36. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I think the clock runs when they place the ball unless it's 5:00 until the end of either half.

37. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    The view from the stands was that Tannehill was pressing and really trying too hard. He never looked comfortable in the pocket at all. The Oline was atrocious all night and there was no passing rhythm at all. Guys didn't know their assignments or where to be lined up, which caused us to burn the early timeout. We needed Wallace to step up and make a big play and he didn't. It also appeared that Sherman wanted to slow the game down to keep the ball out of Bress' hands by running it. We also can't execute a screen to save our lives. Saints were all over it all night.

Defensively, we had no answer for Sproles and the Saints were creating mismatches that we couldn't counter, especially with the lack of pressure and that they were running quick strike screens. Jamar Taylor played like a rookie in his first game, which he was, and looked over-whelmed, especially by Graham's first TD.

The game was ugly and we played poorly on O and D. Still, the Saints fans weren't happy that we held them to under 42 pts, especially after all the turnovers.

The main thing that sucks is the turnovers and that no one stepped up and dominated at any position. Hoping this was just an anomaly and that Philbin can use this to help motivate the team the rest of season.

38. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

How was or did Taylor look over whelmed on Graham's first TD?

39. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    I disagree with this. He actually had pretty good coverage on that play, but Brees throws a perfect pass to a guy that is 6'7 vs a corner that is 5'10. That's just the Saints taking advantage of a size mismatch.

40. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    He looked lost out there several times and from where we were sitting really looked overwhelmed when in the game. On that first TD in the left corner of the EZ he was underneath didn't show good awareness of the play. Of course that play is just money for Graham. Also, not sure if he is that small, or Graham that large, but the size mismatches with Graham on our DBs was really apparent. Overall we took away their vertical passing game, but they killed us with Sproles between the 20s and Graham near the endzone.