1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is the biggest game since....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by yoge, Oct 27, 2015.

1. yoge

yoge New Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I can't remember a bigger game than this one coming up with the Patriots. Yeah some of the games at the end of the last few seasons, where if we won, we could of made the playoffs. They were kinda big but I wasn't pumped up for those games because I knew we were a shltty, mediocre team, that if we got into the playoffs we would be one and done.

But this team, the way they played the last two weeks has me real pumped up. What would be awesome is after the game, if we beat the Patriots Ross tells the team that Campbell will be HC next year and years to come and gives him a big contract.

Who else is real pumped up for this game?

P h i N s A N i T y and KeyFin like this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    its the biggest game because it has a lot to do with establishing a complete culture change, and the win gives Campbell the power to institute those changes.

took the day off from work...gonna drink heavily.

3. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I must think about that game 15 times a day. It started this morning when I said, "Sweet, it's already Tuesday...only two days to go!" Then here I am 9 hours later thinking, "Damn, it's still Tuesday....the game will never get here!" I feel like a kid at Christmas.

resnor, P h i N s A N i T y and 3Pmi like this.
  4. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    not for me
    -if we win this game, then yes, it's a huge result
    -if we lose this game, it's not that big of a deal. We are supposed to lose this game. Playing the Patriots at Foxboro on the short week. I can't see any team in the NFL beating them in that environment. It's semantics, but "biggest game" implies we can't lose or else.

5. Razor4

Razor4 Banned

Oct 27, 2015
    It's the biggest game since the last time you guys played NE. This is always your SB.

You've got nothing else going for you.

6. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I think every year we've got something that was characterized as the biggest game for a while. It kinda loses its meaning after the fact. I didn't quite buy into them recently with Joe Philbin as our coach.

It's a much bigger deal if they win than they lose.

7. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    The last two seasons we've had 2 games against division rivals with the playoffs on the line. Those were much bigger than a Thursday in October.

Finster likes this.
  8. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I agree. I guess everyone forgets how fun that 2008 team was. It was fun for me anyways.

Also, we've had plenty of big games around here lately. The game against Baltimore last year was a massive game. The games vs the Bills and Jets to make the playoffs the prior year. We lost a home playoff game in 2008 that was pretty big and before that had to win in NY to win the division and make the playoffs.

We play plenty of meaningful games.

I would not constitute Thursday night's game as such. I will say it could have longer-term ramifications (the rest of this year, how this year turns into how we look at next year, players succeeding/gaining confidence for futures, etc.). All that stuff just rolls.

9. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Amen. Everybody, outside of Boston, knows the real reason they're so successful up there.

Edit: I expect a loss...but I expect our guys to compete at a VERY high level and motor. I want 46 Cheaters in ice baths Friday, Saturday and Sunday. But it's kinda like that beauty pageant in the movie Drop Dead Gorgeous...everybody knows it's rigged and who's going to win before it even starts. If the refs would put pads on, then I'd pick the Dolphins. Not saying it's impossible, but it's pretty close to it, with the organic "benefits" and advantages they enjoy at Gillette. But let's give it up to the NFL for re-forging an age old addage, "Those playing against Cheaters never win."

10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    if we win were the biggest story in football...its big..

Phins_Fan_87 and Bumrush like this.
  11. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I just want us to continue to play well. Knock Marcia around and get her uncomfortable and we'll have a chance.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  12. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    This is the biggest game in ages for us because if we win, it should catapult us to a playoff run. Different than sneaking in late in the season.

I'm pumped.

13. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    You literally couldn't go the first game of THIS NFL season without cheating AND getting caught. Pathetic. New England Asterisks at their finest. I hope you guys win another meaningless superbowl that no one will respect as legitimate outside of your state. :lol:

14. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    If we can frustrate them, I think that will add an advantage. Marcia has been known to throw fits when sacked, Blount has the IQ of a Goldfish and is another one that is capable of dumb penalties. He's the JR Smith of the NFL. Pats are impressive no doubt, they just don't scare me. Hopefully our headsets don't go out. Also hoping that Gene Steratore isn't reffing the game. That guy always screws us. Pats will have their usual cheerleading squad. Heath Evans will lead the parade, with Teddy Bruschi and Rodney Harrison cleaning up the remains. Belicheck and his dirty cut off lucky sweatshirt will be as boring and colorless as usual. I don't expect much to change on their side of the ball. I just think we are going to give them something to think about. This isn't our super bowl, but they are in the way of us getting to that point. A win against them would be huge.

15. shadokp

shadokp Active Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Massachusetts
    It is unbearable living in New England. Everyone believes the Pats will win and they all think it is going to be a blow out. Fans are happy that Baltimore and Indy are doing bad this year - claiming it is karma - really? Karma? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I agree that I don't think the Dolphins have to win this game but this team is on a roll and should remain that way as long as possible. No one is giving Miami a shot and I would love for a blow out win against the Pats. I actually hope we win three against them this year!!!

P h i N s A N i T y and KeyFin like this.
  16. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    KARMA. LOL. Only NE.

Tin Indian and KeyFin like this.
  17. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    After starting 1-3 and firing our head coach, I have no expectations for results this season. To me, this season is about whether Campbell is ready to be a head coach. This is his first test against a great team. The odds are against him but if he can win this game, not only does he position himself as a potential front runner at HC, but maybe he can salvage this season.

ExplosionsInDaSky likes this.
  18. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    I'm not going to be like these extremists who will accept nothing but a beatdown.

I want to see a competitively fought game where it's clear we can play on their level. Ultimately I expect BB and Co. to key in on our flourishing running attacked and put the onus on Tannehill.

19. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    It was my birthday yesterday, and the Dolphins pounded the Texans into the dirt. Greatest day early birthday gift ever. Hope it works out the same for you.

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.
  20. shadokp

shadokp Active Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Yes - I have to remind myself that I had given up before the coaching change. At least we are in it again and have hope. It may be false hope but right now it is real until further notice and certainly beyond Thursday.

PhinFan1968 likes this.
  21. Phins Up Wins Up

Phins Up Wins Up Banned

Nov 27, 2014
    Is it Thursday 8:30 p.m. yet?