1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is "that" Games

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinFan316, Sep 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. FinFan316

FinFan316 Banned

Apr 3, 2010
    Every team who is at a cross-roads has "that" game. A big time opponent, on the road, most of the pundits not giving you much of a chance, all the attention on other teams in the division...and bam....you go in and make a decisive statement that you are THE team that should be talked about.

IMO, this is so us right now. If we win this game, I think every team in the AFC will be forced to reckon with us. Henne's confidence will be sky high, the teams confidence in him will be sky high, and obviously, our defense will be for real (if its not,we wont win anyway). And most importantly, Sparano will finally have full confidence of this entire organization (I dont think he does right now).

Last season, I think we started off in Atlanta with "that" game. We could have gone in one of two directions. It didnt turn out well, and it showed the rest of the season. We weren't very good, although we played well at times. We werent consistent, we didnt do enough good things enough to be a playoff team. So we added a big time playmaker on offense and defense, drafted some players that could come in right away and provide an upgrade, and now we get to see if we are ready.

I honestly have no idea. I hope we are. We should be. I expect us to be. But before I heap any praise on this team, they need to go in an win in a place few expect them too. I heard all season long how they had "both Super Bowl teams beat"...yeah, well, they lost to both. As well as to several other non playoff teams.

This franchise, (this coaching staff, esp) needs this game. Its pivotal, albeit early in the season. No one outside a few "homers" expect this team to be 2-0. The Fins need to grab some respect and they do that my grabbing the Vikings by the throat and beating them down.

Agua, Pandarilla, Steve-Mo and 4 others like this.
  2. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Let's do it!

Of course, if we win, will have proven nothing because Brett Favre is old and he hadn't found his rhythm with his WRs and Percy Havin was injured and Darelle Revis had a hamstring problem...wait...let's win and who cares what "respect" we get from the talking heads on teevee!!!!

3. 7youngphin7

7youngphin7 The Future

Jan 3, 2010
    North Florida
    Agreed. No matter what there is always going to be excuses. But Players when Superbowls not people who seat behind desk, and call themselfs experts. :lol:

4. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It may be a little to early in the season to lable this...."that game" While I dont completely disagree with you because this is a great game to show us where we really measure up against one of the leagues top teams. I picture that game being one that we are playing against a division opponet like the Jets or Pats to really show everybody we own that division.

This is a huge game though, starting 2-0 would be HUGE this year with the tough road we have ahead of us. None the less....LETS KICK SOME VIKING A$$!!

5. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    If we lose this Viking game, but win versus the Jests and Patsies in the next two weeks -all will be right with the world. I'd rather win all of them, but the division games are more important.

The 'experts' can keep picking anyone but Miami and I'm fine with that.

6. FinFan316

FinFan316 Banned

Apr 3, 2010
    This is not about proving the "experts" wrong. I think its about proving to themselves, and in the coaches perspective, proving to the owner that things have changed. We go up there and lay an egg in Minnesota, alot of people (maybe even some players, probably even the owner) are going to be thinking, "this is the same ol same ol"....

The Pats and Jets might be more important for division records and technical points, but for this team to 'believe', this game is huge, moreso than the Jets or Pats. The guys on the team think they can beat the Jets and Pats. They have done it. What we havent seen is this team go on the road, against quality NFC teams and lay the wood.
    This IMO, although early in the season, is a crossroads game as to where this team is. We win, I think the sky may be the limit. We lose....same ol stuff of years gone by.

7. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I definatley agree this is a THAT game. One, winning this game positions us perfectly goin into the Sunday night game and the Monday night game.

This game is almost all upside for us...