1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is my nightmare

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dsteve, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Dolfan4Life

Dolfan4Life BostonStrong

May 3, 2008
    Germany
    Yes i know lol but i wonder why he isn't playing much more than special teams, since he was a starter last year!?

2. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Have you seen him play on defense? So far for me it has only been on STs, though I have missed a quarter of a game here and there.

3. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    If they win out or majority of remaining games, guaranteed at least Ireland stays. Can you say nightmare?

4. MrClean

As I recall, there was a hammy problem with Clemons toward the end of preseason. To play as much and as well on STs as he has would lead one to conclude he is totally healthy now. That's why it is puzzling to not see him worked back into any defensive packages, let alone not starting. All the other hammy problems, Clay, Thomas, Davis, etc, have regained their jobs and/or seen their playing time markedly increase once healthy. Culver has even gotten 4 starts at FS, which isn't a bad thing because he has done better than Jones, but Clemons played ahead of both of them last year and did fairly well.

5. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Jim Caldwell and Bill Polian relied on Peyton Manning. Sparano relied on Henne.

:D

6. MrClean

Replace Caldwell with Sparano, and Painter with Manning this season and the Colts are a playoff team. Replace Sparano with Caldwell on this Dolphins team this season and we are probably still winless. JMO

With the Colts it doesn't really matter a whole heck of a lot who is the head coach, because Manning runs the offense as essentially the QB/OC. JMO again.

7. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Needs to be circular:

:2guns: :2guns:

We are dolfans, this what we do

The_Dark_Knight likes this.
  8. MrClean

I guess we can just file this in the same category as why is Herman Munster still the starting RT instead of Garner.

If there were health concerns with Clemons, how could he fly down the field covering kicks or punts, and if it's anything disciplinary or personal, it seem he wouldn't play at all. Could this be more of Tony micromanaging snap counts because Clemons still isn't totally 100% and Tony believes right or wrong, that Clemons can play a limited number of snaps on the return and coverage teams, but not handle a full load as a starting safety or even a nickel/dime back? Grasping at straws I guess, but it is the best I can come up with. :) I estimate Chris played 24 snaps in the Buffalo game, assuming he is on the punt and punt return teams, both, and the kickoff and kickoff return teams both. That is far less than the 67 snaps Bell played or the 40 that Jones played on just defense and Jones probably had some ST snaps as well. Culver played 27 on defense, and perhaps also some on STs.

9. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    There may have been some hyperbole in the original post but honestly we simply cannot keep Sparano and to a lesser extent Ireland here and have any hope of winning a Superbowl. The entire mindset of the team and our front office needs to change. I hope that Ross isn't foolish enough to think a good stretch after going 0-7 means Sparano can win consistently in this league, he can't. His half time adjustments are awful and our team still blows leads late. We've had a couple of nice wins against teams that are downright terrible, I honestly think at this point in the season we are better and more talented than Buffalo and KC so we should beat them. Sparano is a nice guy, I like him but he's an offensive line coordinator that shouldn't be a head coach.

Matt Moore has played well lately, having him around to start while we groom a rookie isn't a terrible idea but honestly we've seen this from Moore before, he's capable of playing very well.......and very bad and there has always been more bad than good, thats why he's a backup.

Really when you think about it, right now we have a fanbase that is excited to be 3-7.....think about that. We are thrilled that we have beaten a couple of terrible teams and are shooting for 8-8, is this what we want from an organization? I want a contender, I'm not about firing people just because, but the reality is Sparano and this front office has had a legitimate chance, a lot of time and money from the owner, to build a contender. Right now we are so bad that the fans get thrilled at one of two victories ......in a season....thats awful. We are laughing stock and I'm sorry, but 3-7 is embarrassing.

Good for the team that they haven't quit completely and good for Moore that he is playing well but we need a new head coach and a new direction. We have a lot of talent and we are wasting that talent with bad decisions at key positions from the front office (QB, S, Oline) and horrible coaching. I don't think Sparano is the worst coach in the league but I think he's in the bottom 5 and thats not acceptable for this organization. We are team with a proud tradition of winning, we need to have higher standards here. The Bills, Lions and Rams, etc can be happy their team is 7-9, 8-8 we are a better team than that.

10. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Sorry, was watching Sons of Anarchy on my external last night...was wanting to make it brutal :lol:

11. gamblerx

gamblerx New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Homestead, FL
    My nightmare is another decade of mediocrity and irreverence.