ThePhins.com Fantasy Football
126 replies
"ToddPhin wrote:
When you wanna set the draft order Matt?
I think someone dropped out. Still need one more. I set the draft order to randomize prior to the draft cause im not going to be around most of the day. Ill be lucky if i make it due to work.
"Boik14 wrote:
I think someone dropped out. Still need one more. I set the draft order to randomize prior to the draft cause im not going to be around most of the day. Ill be lucky if i make it due to work.
U wanna push it back a week?
if you need me to drop out to even the numbers let me know or you can push it back to another day
"ToddPhin wrote:
We still need 1 more. Draft is tonight at 8:30.
ESPN?
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
"Fin-O wrote:
ESPN?
NFL.com. http://m.fantasy.nfl.com/league/1561255
You may be confused Situation. It's an IDP fantasy, not a DP fantasy. :tongue:
"vmarcilfan75 wrote:
if you need me to drop out to even the numbers let me know or you can push it back to another day
Hopefully we can find another by tonight.
"ToddPhin wrote:
NFL.com. http://m.fantasy.nfl.com/league/1561255
You may be confused Situation. It's an IDP fantasy, not a DP fantasy. :tongue:
Is their an app for this? It's easy to me to keep track on my phone
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
"Fin-O wrote:
Is their an app for this? It's easy to me to keep track on my phone
I ran my team from my phone all last year.
"Fin-O wrote:
ESPN?
No nfl.com
"ToddPhin wrote:
NFL.com. http://m.fantasy.nfl.com/league/1561255
You may be confused Situation. It's an IDP fantasy, not a DP fantasy. :tongue:
Fin o is all about the DP lol.
"ToddPhin wrote:
I ran my team from my phone all last year.
I have the ESPN fantasy Ap, but I need to get the Yahoo and NFL ones.
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
I have the ESPN fantasy Ap, but I need to get the Yahoo and NFL ones.
I just use the mobile version of the site.
"ToddPhin wrote:
I just use the mobile version of the site.
That works too. Most websites are pretty Chrome friendly these days. I generally use my laptop when possible, but its nice to have the ability to do things if needed on my phone too.
Since I've never done a heavy defense player draft, is the importance in offense at first, then defense or vice versa?
"The Rev wrote:
Since I've never done a heavy defense player draft, is the importance in offense at first, then defense or vice versa?
I've done IDP for a long time. Generally speaking, your offensive players are going to score more than your defensive ones. However, big plays by a defender can sometimes add up to a big day for them as well. For example, a pick-6 gives you the 3 points for the INT, 6 for the TD, 1 point for every 10 yards on the return, and a bonus of 1.5 for a return greater than 50 yards. So that single play could be worth more than 20 points on a really long one.
In general though, after the big sack guys are off the board, I almost always go after players who are dependable tackle machines. The best safetys are often some of the most desireable players in the league for IDP. This league's defensive scoring isn't as generous as the one that I ran for a long time, so I'm going to have to check myself also. I gave bigger points for sacks and FF.
Whether you want to sprinkle in a key defender here or there early in the draft is up to you of course. Its kind of an exercise in getting a guy before the position becomes too shallow, like getting a good 2B or C in fantasy baseball.
"The Rev wrote:
Since I've never done a heavy defense player draft, is the importance in offense at first, then defense or vice versa?
Go over to the league Rev, click on the PLAYERS link, and then click on each position tab. That'll give you a good idea of what the scoring is like and how to organize your draft. :up:
Also, click on the History tab at the top right. Click on 2016 SEASON next to the blue "almanac". Then click on Draft Results. That'll let you see how last year's draft went. Usually you fill out most of your offense first.
Do Defensive players count for KR and PR return points? I took a flyer on Peppers assuming he would get KR yards, but looking at the scoring i think only Off. Players will get those yards? anyone know?
"JDelenne wrote:
Do Defensive players count for KR and PR return points? I took a flyer on Peppers assuming he would get KR yards, but looking at the scoring i think only Off. Players will get those yards? anyone know?
Yes, he will.
Its a good question. I know that they count in ESPN leagues, but I haven't played nearly as much in the NFL.com ones to remember.