***Thee Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread***

734 replies

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Feb 12, 2020, 08:40 AM

"BevoPhin wrote:

Mr Boik

You are a sad person. Why would anybody write such a hateful letter. I am.just guessing but ill bet your life is a mess and you are a hateful mess. What have you done that anyone would consider positive or nice. I am betting nothing. In fact ill bet you are negative force in everyone who comes in contact with you. You most likely have made your family miserable. Alcoholic maybe. I just celebrated my 21 year anniversary of sobriety. You should try it. Maybe it will help you become a person that folks would like to have around. In the mean while start rooting.for the Nets because the Knicks dont want you.
Respectfully
James Dolan

For anyone no in the know, this was an actual Dolan response to a fan.

And this would be my response:
Dear Mr. Dolan,

Sell the team! You are a petty, insecure little man with no ability to create a winning culture! You’re the new Donald Sterling for the NBA. You are more interested in your Eagles cover band then making the Knicks in to a winner. You’ve had more then 20 years and failed miserably like I am sure you did at anything that your dad didn’t gift wrap for you. What’s it like to know that the entire fan base of the team you own feels the exact same way that I do? That literally no one respects the job you have done, no one believes in you, and no one trusts you? That’s got to be rough. But hey, that’s what happens when you’re terrible at your job. Time to give someone else a chance! Sell the team!

- Knicks fans everywhere

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Feb 12, 2020, 12:27 PM

Zion Williamson Update: at age 19, in his 9th game in the NBA, he scored 31 points, with 9 rebounds, and 5 assists in only 27 minutes. He shot 10-17 from the field and 11-14 from the line. He only committed one foul and played many of his minutes against Hassan Whiteside, the 7 foot tall league leader in blocked shots. And he had a lot of cool dunks.

I was at the game last night and had more fun in one Pelicans game than every single Dolphins game combined since the Wildcat season ended.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Feb 13, 2020, 01:15 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

And this would be my response:
Dear Mr. Dolan,

Sell the team! You are a petty, insecure little man with no ability to create a winning culture! You’re the new Donald Sterling for the NBA. You are more interested in your Eagles cover band then making the Knicks in to a winner. You’ve had more then 20 years and failed miserably like I am sure you did at anything that your dad didn’t gift wrap for you. What’s it like to know that the entire fan base of the team you own feels the exact same way that I do? That literally no one respects the job you have done, no one believes in you, and no one trusts you? That’s got to be rough. But hey, that’s what happens when you’re terrible at your job. Time to give someone else a chance! Sell the team!

- Knicks fans everywhere

You’re nicer than I am. I’m thinking something like “listen you you 5 foot fucking nothing little shrimp, you suck at life. Youre a bad influence on your wife’s boyfriends kids. Your “music” is aids to the ears and your band mates hate that they’re so desperate for money that they’ve stooped so low to play with you. You’ve made New York City basketball less relevant than New Orleans and Utah. You literally look like a pizza delivery driver. I’m happy you swapped jizz for your drinking habit.”

That’s what I’d say if I wasn’t a Christian man

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Feb 13, 2020, 01:57 AM

"BevoPhin wrote:

You’re nicer than I am. I’m thinking something like “listen you you 5 foot ****ing nothing little shrimp, you suck at life. Youre a bad influence on your wife’s boyfriends kids. Your “music” is aids to the ears and your band mates hate that they’re so desperate for money that they’ve stooped so low to play with you. You’ve made New York City basketball less relevant than New Orleans and Utah. You literally look like a pizza delivery driver. I’m happy you swapped **** for your drinking habit.”

That’s what I’d say if I wasn’t a Christian man

If you ever see him, say it just like that. Sure he will ban you from the arena because he’s a petty person but you’re a Heat fan so you won’t give a fuck. I can’t take that chance on the off chance the team ever becomes good again and I want to attend games...

Fin-OFin-OForum Veteran
Feb 16, 2020, 06:50 AM

Wade is a shady mofo! Rigging things. He certainly is doing his best to fit in post career.

"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"

Not So FastNot So FastForum Veteran
Feb 19, 2020, 09:30 AM
Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Feb 25, 2020, 06:55 AM

Worst loss of the season last night.. that one was on Spo... when you blow a huge lead heading to the 4th, thats on the coach and im one of his biggest defenders but thats inexcusable especially against the pathetic cavs

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Feb 26, 2020, 10:29 PM

Bam Adebayo is our best player. And I’m tired of blowing leads.

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Feb 26, 2020, 10:31 PM

I think we are really missing Tyler Herro and even Meyers more than we thought we would. Were missing Herros hero ball that has saved us many times this season.

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Feb 27, 2020, 12:04 AM

ever since the new year started we have been below average.. we need to get our shit together now..

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Mar 5, 2020, 07:55 PM

I’m going to Pelicans/Heat game tomorrow. I’ll let y’all know how it goes.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Mar 5, 2020, 08:57 PM

"GARDENHEAD wrote:

I’m going to Pelicans/Heat game tomorrow. I’ll let y’all know how it goes.

Damn we were just in NO for a little spontaneous vacay, should’ve waited and went this week because that would be a hell of a game to go to.

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Mar 6, 2020, 12:05 AM

"BevoPhin wrote:

Damn we were just in NO for a little spontaneous vacay, should’ve waited and went this week because that would be a hell of a game to go to.

whered ya eat?

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Mar 6, 2020, 04:01 AM

"GARDENHEAD wrote:

whered ya eat?

Eveywhere lol. My wife scoured through yelp and we hit up a lot of places. Willie maes was good. Had to get my pizza fix and midway pizza was pretty damn impressive. Ended up getting it twice. Had some decent redfish at a couple of places I don’t remember the name of.

LA is actually a beautiful state. And some of the most courteous drivers to share the road with. Was a really pleasant drive.

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Mar 6, 2020, 12:45 PM

"BevoPhin wrote:

Eveywhere lol. My wife scoured through yelp and we hit up a lot of places. Willie maes was good. Had to get my pizza fix and midway pizza was pretty damn impressive. Ended up getting it twice. Had some decent redfish at a couple of places I don’t remember the name of.

LA is actually a beautiful state. And some of the most courteous drivers to share the road with. Was a really pleasant drive.

Yeah. You can’t go wrong. Glad you had a good experience.

I’m wearing my fins hat tonight!

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Mar 7, 2020, 12:22 AM

That game was great!

I met Alonzo Mourning. Got a fist bump a selfie and I told him that I loved him.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Mar 7, 2020, 02:26 PM

"GARDENHEAD wrote:

That game was great!

I met Alonzo Mourning. Got a fist bump a selfie and I told him that I loved him.

I let the team know youd be in attendance and to drop the game for you guys.

You're welcome.

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Mar 7, 2020, 06:01 PM

"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:

I let the team know youd be in attendance and to drop the game for you guys.

You're welcome.

a wins a win

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Mar 8, 2020, 04:29 AM

Jokes aside, having only 1 heat player make a 3 all game and still almost winning on the road is impressive, regardless of the opponent. Once we get Herro back we’ll be Gucci.

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Mar 8, 2020, 07:38 PM

Lakers kicked some Clippers a** today..love it

aesopaesopForum Veteran
Mar 9, 2020, 11:07 PM

"BevoPhin wrote:

Jokes aside, having only 1 heat player make a 3 all game and still almost winning on the road is impressive, regardless of the opponent. Once we get Herro back we’ll be Gucci.

Heat are a guy away. Herro would probably mean an extra win or two had he been playing.

Is there any update on him?

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Mar 12, 2020, 08:05 PM

I’m super sad there’s no more NBA. Pelicans are 3.5 games out of the playoffs with lots of games against their playoff competition. Woulda been fun.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Mar 16, 2020, 05:06 AM

Hope you guys are doing good. Be proactive, not reactive.

Boik, I know you’re in the NY area, what’s it like for y’all up there?

BevoPhinBevoPhinForum Veteran
Mar 16, 2020, 05:07 AM

The East is going to be fucked once the season resumes and KD and Kyrie are healthy for the playoffs lmao

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Mar 29, 2020, 04:39 AM

I heard Dolan tested positive for Coronavirus.