***Thee Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread***
734 replies
Great win in dallas after a back to back night that consisted of two of the top 3 west teams
Okay I'm sorry...but is Lebrons son actually named Bronny or is that a nickname?
I'm not picking on the kid if so, I'm picking on Lebron for basically naming his kid after paper towels. (Brawny)
"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:
Okay I'm sorry...but is Lebrons son actually named Bronny or is that a nickname?
I'm not picking on the kid if so, I'm picking on Lebron for basically naming his kid after paper towels. (Brawny)
His legal name is Lebron James Jr. Bronny is a nickname.
"Not So Fast wrote:
His legal name is Lebron James Jr. Bronny is a nickname.
Okay that makes more sense! I was thinking theres no way youd name a kid after paper towels, thank you!
"Mcduffie81 wrote:
Just one of those situations where everything was falling for the 76ers at home and we were flat. Similar to how we blew out the Rockets at our home. I don’t expect either to happen again.
I can’t wait for payback. I hate Philly and it’s perennially tanking basketball franchise.
Eat that! Philadelphia Tankers! Snapped your home win streak!
"There is nothing to fear, except everyone trying to tackle me." - Ted Ginn Jr.
Lets finish the month strong
knicks
Jazz
Pacers
76ers
Wizards
least important of the five are the Jazz, and knicks.. lets take care of those eastern conference games..
Heat fans: word is that Jrue Holiday is available. Interested? Make me an offer!
I love Jrue and don't want to see him go. He's a lock down defender and can really get to the cup at will. He'd be fantastic in Miami. The only problem I see with him is that he really chokes in crunch time - misses free throws and has bad turnovers in the final minutes of a game. Other than that, he's a total professional and a good guy hard worker, etc.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
"GARDENHEAD wrote:
Heat fans: word is that Jrue Holiday is available. Interested? Make me an offer!
I love Jrue and don't want to see him go. He's a lock down defender and can really get to the cup at will. He'd be fantastic in Miami. The only problem I see with him is that he really chokes in crunch time - misses free throws and has bad turnovers in the final minutes of a game. Other than that, he's a total professional and a good guy hard worker, etc.
I think we need more size to bang down low and rebound.
"There is nothing to fear, except everyone trying to tackle me." - Ted Ginn Jr.
"GARDENHEAD wrote:
Heat fans: word is that Jrue Holiday is available. Interested? Make me an offer!
I love Jrue and don't want to see him go. He's a lock down defender and can really get to the cup at will. He'd be fantastic in Miami. The only problem I see with him is that he really chokes in crunch time - misses free throws and has bad turnovers in the final minutes of a game. Other than that, he's a total professional and a good guy hard worker, etc.
James Johnson, Olynyk and Dion Waiters for Jrue.. thats our best offer.
"Silverphin wrote:
The Knicks are still ain't crap.
That’s not true! They are crap!
"There is nothing to fear, except everyone trying to tackle me." - Ted Ginn Jr.
Knicks got some garbage time scoring in at the last 16 minutes of the game..
"Vertical Limit wrote:
James Johnson, Olynyk and Dion Waiters for Jrue.. thats our best offer.
speaking of crap....
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
"GARDENHEAD wrote:
speaking of crap....
Olynyk is good to have around. But yeah....
"There is nothing to fear, except everyone trying to tackle me." - Ted Ginn Jr.
Honestly what the Heat needs is a guard that can help close out games for us.. like a Lou Williams type.. down the stretch in tight games, opponents just key in on Butler.. and we have come away from those tight games via miraculous three point shooting and/or sending it to overtime.. but that is not sustainable..
i dont see who is available out there realistically that wont ask for everything we’ve got.. and gutting this current squad is going to hurt us more than help us this season.. so i think Riley and Spo is going to ride it out with this squad, and if they see someone in the waiver wire that they feel can help, theyll take them in..
With that said, if there are any available players on the team, its definitely Dion Waiters, James Johnson, Olynyk.. and so far Duncan Robinson has made Justise expendable..
Those players arent going to attract much at the market but thats whats available unless the Heat gets an offer that would really blow them away for their young stars. And im not talking bradley beal.
"Vertical Limit wrote:
Honestly what the Heat needs is a guard that can help close out games for us.. like a Lou Williams type.. down the stretch in tight games, opponents just key in on Butler.. and we have come away from those tight games via miraculous three point shooting and/or sending it to overtime.. but that is not sustainable....
I don’t necessarily have a hard argument against that opinion. But I think we have the guards to create with Butler, Dragic, Nunn and somewhat Herro.
I think we need size to prevent teams from out rebounding and creating second chances against us. I think big time guys like Embid and Anthony Davis types are going to give us fits. Although they will do that to nearly any team.
"There is nothing to fear, except everyone trying to tackle me." - Ted Ginn Jr.
Realistically nothing can be done until Waiters and Johnson's contracts are off the books. You can sign someone genuinely good with that money being wasted on them.
The Bucks are on a tear.. good lord
"Not So Fast wrote:
Realistically nothing can be done until Waiters and Johnson's contracts are off the books. You can sign someone genuinely good with that money being wasted on them.
And olynyk’s contract.. even tho olynyk has been solid, his contract would look better at 5 mill per season..
Good Tough win today against the Jazz... lets try to close the month on a high note.. would love to win the next two but itll be tough.. 2 of the next 3 to win would be good
That's a tough back to back coming up but at least the Heat have 3 nights off.
Its a tough back to back and we need those wins.. at the end of the season these games matter when it comes down to tiebreakers..
at least theyre home games.. just hope no holiday hangover..
I'm honestly not worried about our seed as long as we continue to play so well.
I really wouldn't want to play us in a series. Especially if Winslow and Dragic come back strong. We have the defense, shooting and Jimmy Butler to give any team in the East headaches.
Another tough win by the Heat... theyre learning to win close games in final minutes.. but it was sloppy.. dragic saved our candyasses...
i kind of expect a loss tomorrow night but man it would be big if we win..
We need a closer that can create their own shot.. Butler has been brutal in crunch time missing point blank layups and terrible shot selection..