1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The words right from the players' mouths

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by calphin, Aug 25, 2008.

1. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    It's refreshing after last year that the guys have some positives to build on and reflect on in the post game interviews instead of the generic "We'll practice hard this week and try to turn it around next week."

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Definately nice to see all these positive comments here. This is exactly what this team needed in the preseason. A couple of nice wins. Hopefully they can finish up strong next week against the Saints too. Another win there and this will be an extremely confident bunch of guys come week 1

4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I want to see these type of comments during the regular season.... Sure, we have looked decent this preseason, but Sept. 7th is when it really counts... I am really looking forward to getting those types of write ups and praise from the media and fans alike come that time...

5. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Did anyone roll their eyes when you got to the bottom and you saw Ricky's name? I was like, "uh oh, lets see what Ricky has to say" but it was a normal response :D

6. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I just hope we wipe the floor with the jets.

7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    The key will be what they are saying halfway into the season if we are like 2-5 or something. As long as they are going out there and playing hard and smacking people around they should still feel they are on the way up and reflect that. Last year was just a snowball of misery that cant be allowed to formulate again even if its another tough year.
    Still, if its like 5-2 that would be awesome ;)

Nice to hear they are positive and optimistic though after that debacle of a season last year.

8. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    It's funny looking down at the comments. Dr. Gloom, Comment No. 2, starts the trolling off:

Then, of course, there's a number of rebuttals and namecalling.

It reminds me of something/someplace... I just can't think of what/where off the top of my head. :shifty::whistling: Anyway, there's just some in every crowd. :lol:

As far as the comments, Ginn got asked a lot of questions, and that's good to see. And it's nice to see Parmele get to make some comments, because he may not make some again for awhile.

9. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    Things could get pretty positive fast if we start off with a win over the Jets. A win week 1 means we have a great chance at another one Week 2 over the Cards in Arizona. If we go 2-0 out of the blocks, it could create a snowball effect that really make this a special season for us given our somewhat low expectations.

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  10. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    we have to be careful about preseason scores, but there were some encouraging things out there. pennington looks really solid. the defense looked really good at times, but also looks to have the potential to be torched

11. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada

I think the best thing about this article is most of the players mentioned the fact that its a positive good feeling, but they have lots to work on. As long as their not over confident from a couple preseason games that tells me a lot. They know they have to get even better, because this was just preseason.

They def. have the right attitude. Can't wait for their next progression forward as a team. I think the fans starting to come out will help them start believing more. Good things are happening in South Florida for our team.