1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Walking Dead - Season 5

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Paul 13, Oct 14, 2014.

1. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    It's like sexy a hamburger

2. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I thought it was a great episode. Diane is going to have a fit about her son. I'm sure the other guy will lie and blame everything on Glenn.

3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I liked the episode quite a bit too. building up to the maelstrom. Noah's death was pretty gruesome, but better than just getting bit in the shoulder.

4. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Underwater... Where no one saw it and it didn't bleed. Talking 'bout you, Bob! Obviously they didn't want to ruin the "tainted meat!" scene w/terminus... But still. Lame.

5. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I mean the whole time I'm watching the last episode, I'm thinking these Alexandrians need to be trained by Rick's army before they can go outside the walls. Rick and Abraham should have insisted on training these idiots before they went outside the walls with them. Like Green Beret or Navy Seal ****. I liked the guy that plays Gabriel on the Talking Dead a few weeks ago. He was really good on that show, very articulate and raised many good points. Too bad he's not long for this show. The religious figure is going to die a horrible death if I'm guessing.

6. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    Yeah, the actor who plays Gabriel is from The Wire. He was awesome on that show. He's doing the best he can with the current character, but I think he's a much better actor than what TWD can offer.

I don't think Rick wants to train them. Not yet anyway. He talked about taking over Alexandria from the start, if need be. And his people are more valuable if Alexandrian's aren't trained. Which is what Deana is starting to understand. I'm willing to bet they'll get trained up once Rick takes over.

7. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    - It looks like Rick's transformation into Shane is complete. He's even trying to bang someone else's wife haha. Rick sounded just like him tonight. I don't know if he can turn back or even if he should. One thing that might be interesting... I've mentioned a civil war between Rick's group and Alexandria. Maybe that was part right? Maybe there's going to be a split between groups. One lead by Michonne and the other by Rick. That's one thing we've never seen on this show before. The group turning against each other. Take the good guys and make some of them the new bad guys? I doubt they have the balls to do it though. Although Rick would be an awesome villain at this point. One that we could root for or against at any given moment. Breaking bad style.

- Sasha went from an interesting character, to a one dimensional rageaholic. I'm not really sure where they're taking her character, but I'm getting bored with her story line. Glad to see the Spanish chick getting some screen time though.

- Michonne... I'm interested in her eventual explanation for why she did, what she did. Maybe she was protecting herself, the group, Rick, etc... I don't know.

- Deanna has soured on Rick and co. as expected. What does she do now? Rick is the leader of the group, not Michonne... If she tries to exile Rick, I imagine there's an uprising. But will she? Interesting that she didn't the (forget his name) word of the guy who got Noah killed. There was still some apprehension on her part. If she's as good as reading people as she says, she knows it's not Glenn's fault.

- What happens to Jessie's husband now? If they don't exile Rick, I can't see them co-existing. And there's already a romance being set up for Rick, so the husband has got to be out of the picture soon, right? Probably means he's a dead man walking. But by who's hands?

- Another "w" carved into someone's forehead... This time to some woman tied to a tree. Carol would fit in well with the wolves.

- Still no Morgan... I think it would of been cool to have a flashback episode of Morgan's travels if he does indeed appear in the finale. Obviously it will have to wait for next season. That would be an awesome opener to season 6, if he does show up at the end of the finale. Don't even jump into the main story, just show Morgan's travels and the crazy **** he's seen and done since leaving his town. I felt like TPTB missed the boat on that concept with Merle. I would of liked a solo episode of Merle starting the point where he was reintroduced. They could of jumped back in time to when he cut off his hand and fled the rooftop, to his encounter with the governor. Maybe had him running around a dark hospital looking for drugs and what not, jump scares galore, horror movie style. I'm hoping we see Morgan become a terminator in his travels.

- 90 min finale? Must be some crazy **** going down.

padre31 likes this.
  8. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I think Carol is going to end up killing Jesse's husband. Rick can't do it now [and still have a shot at staying in Alexandria peacefully] so she's going to take it on herself because she knows Deanna won't suspect her. Whether they agree or disagree with Rick's actions I don't see anyone in the group accepting his exile. Michonne was saving him from doing anything he would later regret and giving the group a chance to not get exiled or have to take over Alexandria by force.

Ohio Fanatic, gunn34 and Clark Kent like this.
  9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Makes sense.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

10. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    good theory. but from the previews of season finale, it kind of looked like Rick was either being exiled or leaving on his own accord.. I'm guessing he gets kicked out and comes back to help them when the s**T hits the fan.

11. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I know the show has only loosely followed the graphic novels, but for main plot points they stick with it. Which means you can expect the outcome in Alexandria to be very similar to how it went down in graphic novels for those of you who have read. For anyone who wants a spoiler or to check my math after it's over -

The walls will fail, zombies will wreak havoc, president will realize she can't hack it and assign leadership to Rick voluntarily. And if it really follows the graphic novels, Karl might catch a bullet in the eye. This didn't happen until later on in the graphic novels so not sure if that happens this season or later on down the road. There was a confrontation with a rival group first if memory serves.

I could be wrong, but that seems to be the way things are trending.

12. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    They really mirrored the Rick/Pete fight from the comics.

13. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I can't even remember how that went down in the Graphic Novels. It's been so long since I've read them I only remember the major plot points. Basically the TV show kind of wanders around the plot lines of the novels, just putting different characters in many of the same situations as the graphic novels. I also stopped reading the graphic novels right after
    Karl caught one in the eye,
    so I need to get caught up now that the TV show is almost caught up to where I stopped reading.

14. Clark Kent

May 9, 2008
    Well... In Walking Dead tradition, that finale failed to deliver on the build up and hype.

padre31 and TiP54 like this.
  15. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I thought it was more of a build up for next season. Letting us know the wolves are out there and coming, and getting a back story on Morgan and why he doesn't want to kill.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  16. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    We don't know how many people make up the wolves, but for the shows sake, it had better be more than those two idiots.

Morgan was on Talking Dead (first time) along with Carol and Daryl.

I felt the Talking Dead sets up the show when they always say "a surprise cast member that you won't want to miss" will be on.

So they had three opportunities last night to kill off a cast member, Sasha, Rick and Glenn. I really thought Glenn was going to get it... typical horror movie decision, choosing to chase Nicholas into the woods wasn't a very wise one.

Fear the Walking Dead FTW!!

Jaydog57 likes this.
  17. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Yeah, I think it was a build up for next season too. They'll probably have a big cliffhanger in the upcoming season's mid-season break. I loved the line by Abraham at the town meeting, "There's a world of **** out there that you people don't know **** about, and Rick Grimes knows all about said ****," lol.

gunn34, Ohio Fanatic and Paul 13 like this.
  18. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Kinda wish more college professors were like Abraham.

Jaydog57 likes this.
  19. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Well, in a sense, even though it didn't live up to the hype, I like how it turned out differently than I expected. Rick and co staying in Alexandria now have to defend it against the wolves. having Deanna tell Rick to kill the guy was a nice way to wrap it up. I was hoping either Gabriel or Sasha would kill each other. get rid of one of them. I don't think either is adding much to the plots right now.

My wife was freaking out a bit when it looked like Glenn was going to die.

Jaydog57, gunn34 and Paul 13 like this.
  20. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    yep, us too... like Glenn... there's certain characters that if they died, would "upset" me...

Rick/Daryl/Glenn/Michonne/Maggie primarily.

Jaydog57 and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  21. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    ginger?

22. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I'd have to add Carol to that list. my favorite heroine in the series right now, her and Michonne

23. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Carol scares me... :lol:

24. Ohio Fanatic

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    that means when the zombie apocalypse comes, you'll be the first appetizer for the initial wave of zombies

Paul 13 likes this.
  25. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    must be said, that fella is a *****, glad to see Morgan make another appearance as that aspect imho, is under expounded upon.

26. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    no, I'll just eat Carol before that all starts :shifty: