1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the ultimate Parcellian Run Game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by the 23rd, Nov 22, 2009.

1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the PerfectStorm is the ultimate Parcellian Running Game
    pounding the run up the middle with L.Hilliard & R.Williams behind M.Polite, out of a Conventional Offense.

1) love when M.Polite head-butts someone then stumps on them as he passes over their body to get to the next block, most disconcerting for the other team, even impolite.
    2) to watch the N/S straight up the middle pounding of the defense by Lex Hilliard is truly exemplary of the Parcellian Running game @ its very best. He reminds me of a bowling ball smashing into pins. Maybe a good handle for Hilliard would be TenPens or the bowling ball.
    3) Ricky hasn't lost a step. Nothing more need be said. He is the RealDeal & we have a running game.
    4) How silly of me, almost overlooked the obvious & most important element of the running game:
    the Orca-5
    , they need to stay healthy & play to potential. As the Pod goes, so goes, not only the running game, but the season.

dolfan7171 and ToddsPhins like this.
  2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Seeing threw all of your metaphors, you are exactly on point with this..

Its different, its even more physical, and imo, its the right thing to do for various reasons.

1} ricky williams is a better back then ronnie out of the conventional set. and his speed to get past the 2nd level cannot be underestimated.

2} The oline wants to be the identity of the team, probably without the wildcat being mentioned, {theres legit motivation there i believe}.

3} For me, being all about the evolution of the hybrid and its biggest fan, its dead for me now, simply because there is no ronnie brown executing it....It was never about the wildcat, it was ALWAYS about the marvelous skills of a player that the formation brought out.

4}the physical nature for which this particular 3 headed monster runs and blocks, the conventional set is the way to go. ..Polite followed by ricky and lex, and as hard as they are running, were gonna start to feel sorry for opponents secondaries, watch..just like we did back in the day with rick, only the team around him is much better, much more physical.

5} Henne's arm, and Ginn's speed on the field, can only help give some space for this very physical approach..beautiful combination if ginn can perfect is decoyism.

6} were gonna pound you, i mean really pound you, our defense is coming around, {pass rush, secondary} receivers are moving the chains, i like the look of our team for this stretch.

dolfan7171, ToddsPhins and the 23rd like this.
  3. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Wasn't Don Nottingham called the Bowling Ball?

Themole likes this.
  4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Lawrence Taylor was called LT but now we've got a guy at a different position called LT... shennanigans I say. There can be only one and his name isn't Ladanian Tomlinson.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  5. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Yes Friend Onehondo:
    I can remember Nottingham being referred to often in games as the human bowling ball

about Hilliard:

Parcells has always looked for the power
    of an impact back running N & S
    for the running game whenever he has built a team
    no doubt with Lex Hilliard's natural ability
    he molded him in that direction
    as he waited his turn on the practice squad

6. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Polite's first name is Lousaka.

7. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I like "Wrecking Ball" better than bowling ball. Bowling balls only knock down out of shape white pins. WB's drop buildings. ;)

How about s#it stomper? :dunno: "Smackdown?"
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    just a simple play on words:
    impolite /// M.Polite /// :nutkicker:
    u.b.polite :lol:
    nothing polite about getting run over by this guy :no: in a word: down right M-Polite
    get it?

I always say: b-polite & put lousaka in on 3rd & 1
    or
    after a major head butt & stomping, very m.polite

just having fun bantering words

dolfan7171 and dolfan32323 like this.
  9. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Seems as though we finally have people in the front office who pretty much know talent when they see it. I kind of think some of the previous front office people used baloons and darts to pick players.
    Wrecking Ball sounds good to me cause he sure isn't afraid of contact.

10. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    does it take multiple hours to post with all those colors and fonts?

11. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Perhaps, but it is worth it!

12. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the secret is many of my posts are done
    with my six-year old daughter on my lap
    & she love's this stuff, also
    Ricky told me he really gets into it too!
    guess it's as innocuous as it can be obnoxious

Ricky Williams & Emily love thephins.com & my posts in particular
    what can I say? :thankyou: