1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate 2011 NFL Mock Draft Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Speedy, Dec 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Speedy

Speedy Dolfan forever! :-)

Jan 12, 2010
    Germany
    Hi.

This thread has been created for every mock draft you can find for the upcoming draft (I know it's still some time to go). Instead of starting a new thread for every new mock draft you find, just post it in here. It'll make it easier for everyone, IMO. :) I hope it'll work.

Maybe a mod could stick this thread, so that it's easy to find. :)

ENJOY! :up:

2. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Sounds great. Mocks look good so far. Keep up the awesome work. :shifty:

j/k.

3. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    are you mocking him?

ToddsPhins likes this.
  4. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    [​IMG]

ToddsPhins and adamprez2003 like this.
  5. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    :lol:

6. Speedy

Jan 12, 2010
    Germany
    Nice...:rolleyes: That's not what the thread was created for. I just thought it would be easier to collect all mock DRAFTS in one thread. But if you don't want that, ok. :pity:

ToddsPhins likes this.
  7. Stretch

Stretch New Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Washington D.C
    Here is a mock I put together.....

1. Panthers: Andrew Luck-QB-Stanford- New coaches equal new Quarterbacks. The Panthers need a franchise Quarterback and they haven’t had any luck with Jimmy Clausen.

2. Bengals: AJ Green-WR-Georgia- Terrell Owens is a Free Agent and I sense a coaching change here as well. I doubt many coaches will put up with Chad Ochocinco’s act either. They have a good young group of pass catchers in Jermaine Gresham and Jordan Shipley but AJ Green gives them a man-child.

3. Broncos: Da’Quan Bowers-DE-Clemson- The Broncos need to get younger on defense and grabbing a five-technique like Bowers here will pay off.

4. Lions: Patrick Peterson-CB-LSU- The Lions secondary has been god awful for quite some time but lucky for them Patrick Peterson is on the board. Peterson has superstar potential as a CB and as a KR.

5. Bills: Cameron Newton-QB-Auburn- Ryan Fitzpatrick has played favorable this season but they are still losing. Cam Newton is a rare talent worth a gamble.

6. Cardinals: Robert Quinn-DE-North Carolina-The Cardinals are lost but a premier pass rusher couldn’t hurt. Quinn had some off-field issues this season but is an athletic freak that will rise as the draft comes near.

7. Cowboys-Prince Amukamara-CB-Nebraska-Terrence Newman isn’t the same player he has been in the past and Mike Jenkins has struggled this season as well. Amakumara is the best CB in this draft. His coverage ability makes him an immediate impact player.

8. 49ers: Ryan Mallett-QB-Arkansas-The QB position has held the 49ers back long enough. They have the talent to run away with the NFC West for the next 3 years but need to find stability at the QB position.

9. Titans: Marcell Dareus-DT-Alabama-The Titans defense hasn’t been the same since Fat Albert signed with the Redskins. Dareus can shed double teams and terrorize the backfield.

10. Redskins: Justin Blackmon-WR-Oklahoma State-The Redskins started Joey Galloway for half of the season so they are desperate for WR help. Blackmon is a stud with great size who becomes an immediate difference maker in Washington.

11. Texans: Brendon Harris-CB-Miami- If you watched the Texans secondary play against Baltimore last night you understand why I have them selecting a CB here. Their defense is terrible and their pass defense is offensive.

12. Vikings: Nick Fairley-DT-Auburn-The Williams wall is nearing it’s end as Pat Williams will probably retire after this season so they need to find Kevin Williams a new partner in crime.

13. Browns: JJ Watt-DE-Wisconsin- Another five technique with a great motor and the ability to make plays; Watt is unblockable at times and the Browns need to get younger on their DL.

14. Patriots (Raiders): Mark Ingram-RB-Alabama-The Patriots are in a position to take the best player available and lucky for them this player is a major upgrade to Benjarvis Green-Elllis and Danny Woodhead. Ingram is a down hill runner with rare cut-back ability that will give the dangerous Patriots offense even more dangerous.

15. Seahawks: Julio Jones-WR-Alabama-The comeback of Mike Williams was a nice story, Deon Butler and Golden Tate are small WR’s, and Julio Jones brings size and a red-zone threat to the Seahawks offense.

16. Chargers: Anthony Castonzo-OT-Boston College- Marcus McNeil won’t be back and they need to protect their MVP Quarterback.

17. Colts: Derek Sherrod-OT-Mississippi State-Peyton Manning has been getting hit a lot this year and they need to keep him upright b/c without Manning this team doesn’t even sniff the playoffs.

18. Dolphins: Jake Locker-QB-Washington- Chad Henne isn’t the answer and this team will never get to where they want to be without a good QB running the show. Locker, once mentioned as a potentially first overall selection, has the skill set to be a Pro-Bowl QB in the NFL.

19. Buccaneers: Adrian Clayborn-DE-Iowa-The Buccaneers have really improved and will only get better. Clayborn gives them another young player on their DL who can make a difference.

20. Packers: Ryan Williams-RB-Virginia Tech-Ryan grant went down and Brandon Jackson couldn’t handle the load. A dangerous running game would make Aaron Rodgers’ passing attack even more lethal.

21. Rams: Michael Floyd-WR-Notre Dame-Bradford has been impressive without a go-to WR. Floyd has strong hands and should give Bradford the threat he is currently missing.

22. Chiefs: Akeem Ayers-OLB-UCLA- Tamba Hali is up for a new contract and Mike Vrabel is not a spring chicken. Ayers can rush the passer and make big plays. The Chiefs lack that premier defensive player and Ayers fits the bill.

23. Jaguars: Jimmy Smith-CB-Colorado-The Jaguars secondary is their weakness and Jimmy Smith drafted this high will surprise some people but Smith has great size and coverage skills and fills a major void on the Jacksonville defense.

24. Giants: Tyron Smith-OT-USC- the Giants OL is old and has faced injury issues all season. Tyron Smith gives them some “fresh legs” and can protect their franchise QB.

25. Bears: Stefen Wisniewski-OG-Penn State-Olin Kruetz is a free agent which weakens an already bad interior OL. Wisniewski can play three positions and can start form the first day of camp.

26. Jets: Von Miller-OLB-Texas A&M-Jason Taylor is running on empty and the jets pass rush has been missing all season. Miller doesn’t play the run so well but he can sure get to the QB.

27. Eagles: Aaron Williams-CB-Texas-the Eagles need someone who can shutdown the field opposite of Asante Samuel.

28. Ravens: Janoris Jenkins-CB-Florida- If you have seen the Ravens secondary play this year this pick makes a ton of sense.

29. Saints: Ryan Kerrigan-DE-Purdue-The Saints have all the offense in the world but their defense needs work. A DE who can get you 10 sacks a year this late in the draft is a value.

30. Steelers: Gabe Carimi-OT-Wisconsin-The Steelers have an all world defense, strong running game, playmakers at WR, a great QB, but their OL is in shambles besides Maurice Pouncey at center. Carimi can come in and play either right or left tackle and improve this OL play.

31. Falcons: Justin Houston-DE-Georgia-The Falcons have no pass rush besides John Abraham who is getting older.

32. Patriots: Cameron Heyward-DE-Ohio State-Does this guy fit the Patriots defense or what? Richard Seymour 2.0.

Speedy likes this.
  8. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Do you realize a WEBSITE such as this exists????

The 2011 NFL Mock Draft Database

http://dcprosportsreport.com/MockDraft.htm

Total 2011 Mocks: 100

now, if THE PHINS website or a talented fan of it would create a similar page or sub-forum and list the Dolphins target the way this site does for Skins that would be lovely

9. Speedy

Jan 12, 2010
    Germany
    No, I didn't know that site. But it's a good one. And, btw, you started this thread: 2010 Dolphin's Draft Slots per Round, but everyone knew them and there were WEBSITES with it, too. Why did you start it? For discussing I believe. There are also sites with Dolphins and NFL news, so why even have this forum? Just for a nice discussion. See my point?
    So, once more, this thread was for posting and discussing mock drafts, as we do in a lot of other threads here. Just put them together in one thread to save some space. No reason for mocking or screaming at each other. :rolleyes: If I had known all this before, I'd have never started this thread. :pity:

@Stretch: Good one. :)

10. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I wasnt knocking your reason for creating this THREAD....I was pointing out this website that had all the mock drafts you sought...and suggesting this would be valuable from Dolphins perspective if created for all us fans as well.