1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The UFC's Marketing

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by slickj101, Oct 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Does anyone else hate the business side of the UFC?

I'm watching a replay of Silva/Irvin right now. Make that trying to.

The first thing that's extremely annoying is how the UFC plays this ****ing horrible metal bull**** over all the entrances and tries to drown-out the actual music that was playing for the fight.

So instead of seeing Silva walk out to Ain't No Sunshine, I get to hear 3 minutes of loud screaming bull****. I wouldn't doubt those bands pay the UFC to play that ****. Or, the UFC is too cheap to get permission for the real songs.

I think Dana White got a little too full of himself. I think I've just heard him talk way too much.

Has anyone else seen the Mickey's commercials for the UFC. Wow. So is that what MMA fans are supposed to be like? lol Thanks for assuming anyone who watches the UFC is a ****ing ******.

It was worth it to see Silva annihilate Irvin though. I forgot how bad that was, for Irvin.

2. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I think it is more of a legal issue than anything else. There is a strange rule that allows for copywritten music to be played at live events, but not on tv. I am sure there is more to it than that, but that is the basic jist of it.

I know this because back when I use to wrestle, to would be able to pick your own music for the live show, but if you planned on putting that event into a television production, we had to use canned, non copywritten music for it. Or pay through the nose for the rights to the actual tunes.