1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The total unemployment figures - Approximately

Discussion in 'Economics and Financials' started by gafinfan, Aug 9, 2009.

1. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

With time on my hands until 8:00P.M. til FOOTBALL, praise the Lord!!! njfinfan's post got me to thinking, bad move, and here is the results.
    Just as the Governments figures are nothing more than a ploy to mislead, hold on - its what they do - ok, my figures can also be argued all day and night so with that being said; have a look.

per US Dept of Labor

This means 60% (1995 figure) are the main employable American public figures.

307,128,851 total - DoL

184,277,310 employable (a 60% rate per 1995)

120,701,638 participating (the 65.5% rate per todays figure)

This means that there are 63,575,672 unemployed today minus the 23,000,000 that are
    small business owners. I can find no figures that give a count of the Women who stay
    at home to raise their children. You would still have to count them as employable though
    IMHO because in the eyes of some they are indeed working without pay or are otherwise
    unemployable.

What does this all mean, you tell me? What it says to me is that the Government is
    playing with the figures (no surprise here) therefore no one really knows the truth,
    even those spinning the figures. All that I know/guess is that there are 40 million Americans
    not working that are at an age that can work, if they want to and CAN FIND A JOB to do so.
    Which puts unemployment at 21.7% of the total working age group.

Thoughts?

njfinfan likes this.