1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Team System

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by anlgp, Dec 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Each football team has a bunch of guys who work long at hard to look at draft/FA prospects to fill team needs.

What I'm curious of is several things. I'll use MIA as an example.

You've got some order of hierarchy. BP, JI, TS. Then you've obviously got your Dan Hennings, Paul Pasqualoni, etc.

What I'm curious of is do these scouts work hand in hand with an idea of what, say, Henning is all about? Basically do they draft towards the coaches or the system that's in place or what?

2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I imagine scouts are told by the GM to focus on specific types of players.

You hear alot about how some teams boards wont feature specific players, and you see that they tend not to fit schemes, or have some sort of bad personality or something. So yeah, I would imagine that scouts tend to focus based on systems. Its virtually a given they already have an understanding of football and systems, and are probably given a more direct heads up by the GM on what to look for and keep in mind.
    They then search out these players and report back to the GM who will make the final determinations.

anlgp likes this.