1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Team from the Hill

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by frags, Sep 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. frags

frags New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Boston, MA...
    Good read on a personal story from CT that Sparano shares with the team that ironically may just apply to the two teams we will see tomorrow night.

Here is an excerpt:

"If people from the outside looking in want to put it that way, I can see why," wide receiver Davone Bess said. "What we do is play football. That's all we do. We're not TV stars. We're taught to do our assignments under whatever duress presents itself, and there's no trash talking or hype at all. We show up and play the game. That's all we do."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/09/26/1842592/its-a-clash-of-opposite-personalities.html

dolfan7171 and Agua like this.
  2. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    that just who we are...this is such a big game, you know our team hates them

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Sparano is on the rise in this business, the way his team is going about their business, the way he is motivating them and uniting these young wolves, is impressive...we from the hill son, which is exactly why I love this freakin team..

Read the avatar....cause its starts with him, and the code.

dolfan7171 and late again like this.
  4. frags

frags New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Boston, MA...
    Aptly named: "Wolves Howl"

I love this comment:

"They howl sometimes to basically show off , but also howl to show dominance or ownership, but all the cases I have witnessed them howling it was because they just killed an animal. which after a successful hunt they always do."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L28CnhmeAD4"]YouTube - Wolves Howl[/ame]

Bpk likes this.
  5. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    This man is of the same character as Don Shula. This was the embodiment of Americanism when I grew up. Just do it, keep your mouth shut and let your work do your talking for you. You took pride in your humility, not trash talking.

I don't know if this character virtue is alive to any extent out there anymore. I note Tony is about the same age as I am. You younger folks observe how this team takes care of its business and the complete absence of self-aggrandizement. There is a sublime beauty in that.

dolfan7171, Ophinerated and The G Man like this.
  6. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    My thoughts exactly Agua. :up:

Agua and Ophinerated like this.
  7. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Good read. Thanks for posting:up: