1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The REAL reason for Miami's success

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by anlgp, Oct 11, 2008.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, CP is by far the best QB we've had here since Danny retired, but I disagree. I think the real reason is two fold. Its and old NFL adage...but we are running the rock and stopping the run...that's why we've been successful the last two weeks...sure, CP isn't making mistakes and is managing the game well, but since we can do those two things, everything else is working well too...

cnc66, Disnardo, MonstBlitz and 2 others like this.
  3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Glad to see him get credit.

Too often only the highlight reel, glamour plays are held up as the reasons a team won a game. The reality is that every block, special teams tackle, and avoided negative play contributes largely to a win.

The biggest play in last week's game, in my opinion, was not the 4th and goal stand, nor was it Ronnie's touchdown. It was Chad being able to recover his own fumble and throw and incompletion out of our own endzone. It looks like nothing on a stat sheet, but that safety probably would have shifted the momentum of the entire game and I believe we would have lost.

cnc66, MonstBlitz, Disnardo and 2 others like this.
  4. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I would say two things....

1) Chad - He's by far the best QB we've had behind center since Marino - with a caveot....which is my segway to #

2) Coach Sparano - Coach decided after week 2 to start using an offense that played to Chad's strengths. Spread it out....quick decisions....shotgun....wildcat....hurry up....all of these (save maybe the wildcat) really play to Chad's single biggest strength...one which trumps arm strength if used correctly.

The six inches factor. Right between his ears. Chad's almost brilliant. Not an exaduration at all. He literally is. Photographic memory. Makes the correct decision almost all of the time. 1 int? in 4 games? Credit Sparano for taking hisn to beat yourn.

Mcduffie81, Disnardo and anlgp like this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    you are dead on today brother..

6. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    I must admit, I cringed when we were even talking about signing Pennington. :oops:

7. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Agreed on all points made, but let's not forget about how well the defense has played the last two weeks. If they didn't stop one of the best red zone offenses on the goal line last Sunday who knows what direction that game could have gone in.

cnc66 likes this.
  8. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    and it goes back to coaching...

the defenders stated after the game that they recognized the formation and personnel and knew what was comming...

That is a well thought out game plan these coaches put up... the players just had to execute...

cnc66 and Mcduffie81 like this.
  9. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    JUST had to execute? You make it sound like it's easy to keep the best red zone offense in the NFL and the best RB in the NFL from gaining the couple of inches they needed for the TD.

That's not to take anything away from the coaches. They did have a great gameplan. But let's not kid ourselves. Once the play begins the coaches can't help the players penetrate, fill those gaps, tackle the ball carrier and keep that pile from moving one inch. That was the players.

Fact is both the defense AND the coaches deserve credit. I don't think it's really fair to not credit the defense and just credit the coaching is it?

Puka-head likes this.
  10. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    Knowing what play is going to be ran is HUGE. I didnt take it as though Disnardo was taking anything away from our Ds stellar play. On another note... I had never heard they recognized the play and knew what to expect. Thats AWSOME! Major props to the staff for preparing/gameplanning and to the players for dominating the line of scrimmage.

11. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Vonnie mentioned it in one of his pressers..

Yo Juice, it is really good to see you back around bro. :hi5:

Mcduffie81 likes this.
  12. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    Thanks "Wiley old Vet". I never left to be honest. I leave most the posting to others nowadays. :up:

cnc66 likes this.
  13. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I agree 100 percent. Chad was by far the biggest pickup of the offseason. I'm still amazed NY cut him.