1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ravens cut one extra

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by gafinfan, Aug 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

The Ravens got their squad down to 52 and Ozzie says one more guy will be added before the start of the season Per PFT. Anyone here bet on John Beck going to these guys? :yes::wink2:

Sethdaddy8 and TheAnswer385 like this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Really interesting here. They have Flacco whose likely the starter with Smith and Boller injured. Boller may forego surgery to play but will get another opinion in a couple weeks. I wouldn't understand the acquisition of Beck because they need a veteran if Boller was to go on the IR which he has yet to. Remember, Cameron is not making the decisions there, its all Newsome.

3. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I just dont think so. With McCown out the door to Carolina, why would we go down to 2 QBs unless theres someone floating around the waiver wire. I suppose if they offered a deal for him we could bite, but I just dont see Ozzie giving anything up for a second year player when hes already got a second year player they are high on and a rookie first rounder as well.

4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Beck gets traded, we bring in Chris Simms?

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Possible, but I just dont see Ozzie trading for Beck, theres no real point. They already have 2 developmental players they like and need a veteran, not ANOTHER developmental player. If anything, why wouldnt the Ravens just cut out the middle man, save a pick, and take Simms themselves?