1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Raiders' Offense Sucks

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Nov 13, 2008.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    29th in total offensive yards.

Dead last in total offensive points scored.

They haven't scored a TD in 3 weeks.

They've been averaging 7 points per game over the past 5 games.

Last week, they 2-17 on 3rd downs.

We better beat these guys!

And if you are supersticious and believe in jinxes, then don't worry: I started a Broncos Defense Sucks thread before the Denver game, and we still won.

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

How's their defense look? They've got a hell of a punter.

'Sides of which that is only on paper.

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Their defense isn't really good when it comes to stopping the run. Tommy Kelly, the DT they payed $50.5 million last off-season, makes them worse when he's on the field. He starts if I'm not mistaken. They have a very good DB in Nnamdi Asomugha. I think Stanford Routt, the replacement for DeAngelo Hall, is a better player than Hall in that press coverage but he's only started one game so there's no telling that he'll start this one. They have a couple good 'backers in Morrison and Howard. They're pretty good players in coverage IMO. Howard had six picks a year ago I believe and Morrison was up there with like three or four. IMO, our gameplan should be pretty simple. Stay away from Asomugha and run the ball.

GISH, late again and TiP54 like this.
  4. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Knowing Henning, that probably means we'll come out throwing. :lol:

5. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    He's the best cover corner in the game. Whoever he's covering, you throw the ball to the other side.

I'm serious. We will not throw the ball to #21's side of the field. You'll see. If he sticks Ginn, Ginn will not only have zero catches, but he'll have zero balls thrown to him. The dude is that good.

6. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    If we don't win by at least 2 TDs I'll be disappointed.

7. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Andrew Walter, the Raiders' QB, has a decent arm but is slow as hell. I assume he is the starter? I think JaMarcus Russell is a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf.

8. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    This is a game, when you look at it on paper, we should easily win. Proceed with caution though... we should have easily beat seattle too :up: It's the NFL... anything can happen. Thats why we watch.

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  9. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    does anyone know if Asomugha gets assigned a certain receiver for the game, or does he just stick with his side of the field? Because if it's the latter we need to make sure to move our receivers around in order to get them all involved. Ginn is too much of a weapon to ignore the whole game. And Camarillo is our chain mover.

10. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Leaf was a monumental bust because (a) he couldn't play worth a damn, and (b) he was a total arrogant jerk.

The jury is still out on Russell. Even if he is a bust, put him up there with Tim Couch and David Carr (other #1 overall busts at QB), but don't compare him to Leaf. Leaf was just a dick.

11. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    he had that same arrogant charm that makes me want to see philip rivers fail hard every year.

GISH likes this.
  12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I don't believe he has a specific assignment. I think he covers just a side of the field.

I think the competitiveness comes out of Rivers. I don't think he's a real d*ck when it comes to off the field stuff like Leaf was.

13. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    If arashomdo covers just one side of the field we should run an oop de oop, load up the other side with bess, cammy, ginn. Then stick Wilford on the same side as arshamondo. haha.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  14. anlgp

I have no idea. It's a good question, though

15. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    So you'd be disappointed with the Dolphins being 6-4 at the 10-game mark just because we beat the Raiders 17-10 rather than 24-10? Come on, guys. This is the NFL. Any team is capable of beating any team.......any week.

If I'm granted the opportunity to take a 3-0 win before hand, I'm taking it.

16. anlgp

except in 1972. :knucks:

I had to do it.

17. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    They will flop Asomugha to either side if the matchup warrants it. Last week versus Carolina, the Raiders tried to keep Asomugha on Steve Smith as much as humanly possible. Against us I wouldn't expect it so much.

GARDENHEAD, Rocky Raccoon and alen1 like this.
  18. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Offensively, I really want to see us run the ball. A lot. If we can run consistently we won't have to worry about throwing the ball. Raiders are also 29th in rush defense, so that's going right at one of their weaknesses.

Defensively, I'm hoping for Joey Porter to have a big day. I'd like to see us jump out to a lead, as that will force Oakland to pass, allowing Porter to rush the passer. If he does, I think he will be pretty successful.

On paper, it should be a good game. I think Oakland keeps it closer than most are thinking. 27-13 Dolphins.

19. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Well as others have said any team can win on any day. So we have to realize that no matter what the paper stats say its how these teams play on the field that determines who wins. So by that logic both teams have a 50% chance of winning.

The Fins just need to come out and play hard and smart.

20. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    As some have already stated; they still have to play the game.
    But......I know of a pretty cool website that figures probabilities, etc. According to them the Raiders have a 13% chance of winning and we have an 87% chance. If you're interested the link is below. It's kind of a fun site if you're in to numbers and all.
    Advanced NFL Stats: Week 11 Game Probabilities

21. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany

this guy sound like he needs a mic in his hands and not a football :lol:

22. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Last year, or the year before, during a Broncos Chargers game, Rivers was on the sideline taunting jay Cutler, calling him a cry baby and guesturing as if he were crying. The dude is a 100% grade A jerk.

I suspect Rivers is responsible for the Chargers struggles. Playing down to the opponent is an attitude problem, and I think it starts with Rivers.

23. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

IMO... Norv

late again and azfinfanmang like this.
  24. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    pretty hard to knock a guy who has a 106+ QB rating has thrown 21TD ´s and thrown only 8 picks, directing his offense to score 27 points a game, its clear that its turners fault, so much talent and he just cant get anything out of these guys

cnc66 and azfinfanmang like this.
  25. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Yeah, and the Texans, and the Ravens and most would agree even the Jests...

26. IceStorm

IceStorm New Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Which tells me they're due. Always be fearful of the underdog. Just look at what we've done so far this year.

cnc66 likes this.
  27. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I saw that and I didn't think it was as bad as some say. Your going to get taunting in every game, some aren't noticed. I.e., when the Jaguars faced the Lions and the Jaguars defense was laughing at the Lions. Literally, laughing and told them they sucked. Kevin Smith responded with "Well, you suck." Point is, your going to get some taunting, its part of the game and the competitiveness. I didn't have a problem with Rivers but you may have.

Rivers is somewhat responsible for their struggles. He plays three good quarters and then loses the game in the fourth with turnovers. However, I don't think he's a bigger problem then that defensive line, linebacking core, secondary and their Head Coach.